Provins NAN - where to buy a non imm O

A friend of mine did ask me now where is the closest and best place for him to go and buy a non immigrant O 3 months?

he live in the provins of NAN..... I am very grateful if you could help me (him) out here, if you know..

Glegolo

Plse my friend, I need to know where to buy this non immigrant O, 3 months validity... It doesnt matter about the requirements, I know about those.....

What do you think??? Where is the best place to cross the border, and to where in order to purchase this VISA.

Thanks

Glegolo

Vientiane in Laos or Savankhet.

That does not assist !

Savannakhet are known to refuse to issue "O" visas to some applicants.

And they are also known to issue multiple entry non o visas for legitimate fathers of Thai children without financial proof.

So it's 50/50

So I have talked to my friend who is very happy for the help and assistance from you guys. His situation is as follows;

- He is over 50 years of age

- He is married to a thai lady

- I am NOT sure if he has a legal child or not?

- He lives in NAN province

My thoughts are, because that this guy is having just now an "extension of stay based on retirement". And that this extension will be at it´s end at 1st of october 2015. He says to me that he needs to "survive" here up to january 2016 and than his financies will be OK again and he can re-apply for a new Extension of stay at his immigration...

So Non Immigrant O is that possible at Vientiane or Savannakhet in Laos?? Or if that is impossible maybe go for a Tourist-VISA, later along the line convert that to a Non IMM O and apply for that extension of stay.....

So what do you think is the best and WHERE is the best consulate for the different options.

Thanks for your advice.

Glegolo

This is the type of info NOWRETIRED was correctly asking for. Reading between the lines it sounds like your friend is strapped for cash. The straight forward option would of been non o based on retirement at somewhere like Vientiane. But that requires 800k baht in Thai bank.

Even if using based on marriage to a Thai still would require 400k.

He may have to just use tourist visas until he can meet the requirements. Maybe a few visa exempt stamps along the way, if he does not already have too many

I think the nearest place your friend can get an "O" visa based on being over 50 is Vientiane but he would have to show 800,000 Bht in a Thai bank or an Embassy certified monthly income of 65,0000 Bht to get the vis a.

At Savannakhet he could apply for a single or multiple entry visa based on marriage.He would need his marriage certificate +a copy and signed copies of his wife's ID and house book. There is no need for financial proof.

• Like 1

As you come up from Phrae (past Tesco) go into town until the last set of lights, turn left......continue down the road until you see the very large white government complex on your right. U-turn at the next u-turn, after the u-turn you will see the sign that says "Nan Immigration" on your left, turn up the road and continue up the hill.....you will see Immigration on the left, the carpark entrance is on the left side of the building. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Good luck!

If your friend knows where the old office was (near the intersection) then the new one is further down the road and you can see it from the highway (the complex anyway) again, on the left......don't go too far!! wink.pngwai.gif

If your friend knows where the old office was (near the intersection) then the new one is further down the road and you can see it from the highway (the complex anyway) again, on the left......don't go too far!! wink.pngwai.gif

I am sure this advice will be welcomed but what use is it ?

The OP's friend is seeking a new visa which cannot be obtained from a Thai immigration office.coffee1.gif

• Like 2