Sending Android tablet from UK to thailand

crayonmuncher982

Hi,

I am planning to send a tablet as a gift for someone and I cannot get someone to buy it for me there (plus I am unsure re online shopping in thailand)

Obviously it will be sent via a delivery method where it;s tracked and insurance and so on, but does anybody know if there will be any issues, eg like having to pay tax on their end and so on?

It will be a relatively high end tablet btw, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am planning to send a tablet as a gift for someone and I cannot get someone to buy it for me there (plus I am unsure re online shopping in thailand)

Obviously it will be sent via a delivery method where it;s tracked and insurance and so on, but does anybody know if there will be any issues, eg like having to pay tax on their end and so on?

Thanks,

Honestly I would not bother mate... by the time youve paid for it to be shipped and risked it getting lost or returned etc you may aswell have just bought one in Thailand. I believe you could either declare it as a gift with a low value or display its true value/contents and maybe pay tax onit... either way it will be a hassle

Thailand has a decent selection of tablets even in places like tescos/big c... however if you want to buy online see http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-tablet/

If you would consider second hand try olx.co.th or facebook groups

Lazada is a bit more pricey than stores usually adding about 5-10% on but worth it if you dont want the hassle... I would get down your local mall personally and you'll find lots of choice, just be careful of your fakes with ipads/samsungs.

Cheers

You could als try http://www.invadeit.co.th

I wouldnt send it, import duty, tax etc will add around 40% to the cost.

Shop online within Thailand and get it delivered is my recommendation.

Hi,

Thanks,

Honestly I would not bother mate... by the time youve paid for it to be shipped and risked it getting lost or returned etc you may aswell have just bought one in Thailand. I believe you could either declare it as a gift with a low value or display its true value/contents and maybe pay tax onit... either way it will be a hassle

Thailand has a decent selection of tablets even in places like tescos/big c... however if you want to buy online see http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-tablet/

If you would consider second hand try olx.co.th or facebook groups

Lazada is a bit more pricey than stores usually adding about 5-10% on but worth it if you dont want the hassle... I would get down your local mall personally and you'll find lots of choice, just be careful of your fakes with ipads/samsungs.

Cheers

Thanks for your help.

The reason I am looking to send via uk is that I cant seem to find any places which will deliver to pai, mae hon song, it seems to be restricted to the larger cities, however that invadeit website looks real promising, have you/anyone got any experience with it? or any other sites?

Edit: those sites dont seem to have the most recent tablets, eg Samsung Galaxy Tab S, xepria 4 and so on, these are the kind of tablets im looking to send, any suggestions where you can get those/similar spec'd tablets.

Edited by crayonmuncher982

Thanks for moving, sorry if in the wrong section.

It seems lazda has the relevant tablets, anyone used before for deliveries to non major cities?

I have heard mixed reports on Lazada, had no problems with them 4 or 5 times I have used them for bits, one time the delivery driver called to ask for an extra 100 bhat delivery on top of what lazada said, our las told him to **** off and he brought it round anyway

They use Kerry Logistics I believe for delivery, try to pay cash on delivery and you cannot go far wrong also check that they have it in stock as some items seem to have 3-4 week delivery times,

cheers

I sent a new Galaxy Note 4 via royal mail tracked and signed for. Took about a week, cost £11.00. Wife went to the post office and signed for it.

Not bad - make sure you package it well. A few layers of bubble wrap in a jiffy should do it.

If you end up posting, check the fine print on what you can send. After paying for packaging, post and insurance of 100% on top of item cost, the tablet was returned. It was scanned before leaving the country, a nicad battery was discovered inside the tablet (no user access) and post rejected. A refund on postage and insurance was not offered. An expensive lesson.

Had no problems when I bought a Galaxy Tab S via AIS online (cheapest price for ais customers) after looking in the local mall and finding little offers or difference in prices from store to store.

Delivered to a small village about 40km/1 hour from the town centre.

Came via Kerry Logistics, same courier used by Invadeit (used twice, very happy with Invadeit), driver rang whilst on his way for directions so seems they will go most places, paid cash on delivey, friendly driver and only paid amount agreed when placed order.

Unless I already had a tablet or could get it a lot cheaper elsewhere I see little reason to send one from outside of Thailand.

Also if the tablet is one that can use a sim theres other restrictions as well such as sim and region locks that mean its normally better to by a tablet within the region it is intended for.

if it gets noticed (and by courier it is 99% of the time) you will pay a minimum of 30 + 7 % cumulative on the item and shipping value combined.

Posting via regular parcel mail with a low declared value often gets away with it, but with the added postal risk.

Better off just using lazada.

Crayon Muncher, I just sent an iPad Mini 2 from UK using Royal Mail Track and Trace (inc 250 GBP insurance) for 17 quid, delivery within a week.

There are no customs duties on electrical goods, just sales tax of 7% on value of tablet + cost of postage/insurance.

In my case = (239 + 17) * 7% = 18 quid.

* Other posters - as this was a free iPad from a savings promotion in UK I was happy to pay the insurance and Thai sales tax.

Beware li-on batteries cannot be posted easily. I tried to return a forgotten iphone from here to Sweden. EMS Thai Post refused (accepted at local office but later returned from sorting office) as did UPS. Finally managed with Fedex. Needed special labels and hazard form filled in. No idea of cost as paid for from Sweden. Different rules apply from Europe and Usa but I would check before posting a tablet.

Edited by poosmate

Beware li-on batteries cannot be posted easily. I tried to return a forgotten iphone from here to Sweden. EMS Thai Post refused (accepted at local office but later returned from sorting office) as did UPS. Finally managed with Fedex. Needed special labels and hazard form filled in. No idea of cost as paid for from Sweden. Different rules apply from Europe and Usa but I would check before posting a tablet.

Yep I tried to send a dud android back to china but the package came back . They wont ship li=on from Thailand but I don't know about receiving them