Bangkok blast: Police examining data on recent Turkish visitors

webfact

only 20? well, that shouldnt be too hard to investigate

Don't Turkish Airlines have a daily flight into BKK?

Only 20 people?

What do they use - a Sopwith Camel?

(That caused the predictive text to splutter! )

biggrin.png

Ethiad and Emirates have more flights into BKK than Turkish airlines do, but amazingly not all the passengers are UAE citizens, not even any where near.

Sopwith Camel wouldn't hold 20 people.

A Hindu shrine?

As soon as I heard of the attack I though of Uighur extremists. I mean, if you want to deal a blow to both Thailand and China isn't the Erawan shrine a logical target?

Jolly well done to you and the million others who 'thought' the same, thanks for posting such utter irrelevance.....

the chances are that there is a country (not a terrorist organisation) ahind all of this, i for one dinna think this was a simple terrorst attack, it was a warning to thailand--- definately more like a well thought plan which was carried out and supported by a country, a country wanting to kill two birds with one stone!, do you think tis jist a coincidence that the cameras alang doon the road the bomber took were not working ?,

Actually, it's been widely stated that cameras are in that condition allover the city... Its lucky they have any image of the bomber

Either unmaintained or just empty cases for the deterrent etc

they dinna have any proper images of the bomber, they have used their imagination to draw that sketch!!! well you canny get the hell outten a country so easily, setting off a bomb right at the heart of a city, the bomber probably knew that those god damn cameras wer nae warking, this tae me was a outside job, was carried out and supported by a country!!!

the chances are that there is a country (not a terrorist organisation) ahind all of this, i for one dinna think this was a simple terrorst attack, it was a warning to thailand--- definately more like a well thought plan which was carried out and supported by a country, a country wanting to kill two birds with one stone!, do you think tis jist a coincidence that the cameras alang doon the road the bomber took were not working ?,

TVF rules state that English must be used on this forum!

Edited by jesimps

Only 20 people?

biggrin.png

I believe they have 2-3 flights a day, the one 10 days ago was full, no empty seats at all, lots of Eastern Europeans as well as Turkish citizens on that flight mate.

I'm sorry Haggis, but if what you claim is true, then the RTP are talking b#ll#cks, and I just can't imagine that to be the case!

Only 20 people?

biggrin.png

I believe they have 2-3 flights a day, the one 10 days ago was full, no empty seats at all, lots of Eastern Europeans as well as Turkish citizens on that flight mate.

In one of my old companies there were half a dozen in and out of the country every few weeks. There's 18 per month on the tourism numbers......

A Hindu shrine?

As soon as I heard of the attack I though of Uighur extremists. I mean, if you want to deal a blow to both Thailand and China isn't the Erawan shrine a logical target?

If the point was to damage Thailand and China in one fell swoop there are plenty of better targets along Yaowarat road, plenty of Chinese temples stuffed solid with Chinese tourists.

Not that the target being the Erawan shrine rules out that was the intention of the attack, but I wouldn't use it as a strong argument on making a case against Uighur extremists deliberately targeting Chinese people in Thailand.

The Thais turn up the heat on the Turks. Now they are talking about yet another terrorist group called the Grey Wolves. Thais cling to the hope that they can "prove" that the perpetrator wasn't Thai.

Some have found it useful to read an article before commenting on it. Others are of a different mindset.

I was fully expecting a new iteration of the "no Thai would do this", nyuk nyuk nyuk meme to come along when I opened this thread.

Bla bla decoys and more stories it never ends

Firstly it was not a foriegner thats rubbish it was a Asain and they know already but playing the game.

Do you really think a pro Bomber lands strikes without altering his appearnace this whole investigation is unprofessional and run by untrained police with no clue what so ever

So do not claim you know his nationality as you have ni idea and your not fooling anyone it Thai grown and bred... You not need look far buddy

Have you seen the vid showing the attack on the Thai consulate in Istanbul? These are fanatic, dangerous guys. The "Grey Wolves" connection is very plausible. This group works behind de scenes, as cultural organisations, for instance, and support many groups, but does rarely do thing openly.

They have a long history of violence: attacks against kurds, Armenians, journalists, universities, Greeks in Cyprus etc...

In the late 70's they became a "death squad", performed street killings.

They still have branches in Germany, Belgium, among other. In Europe, at least 24 killings are linked to the GW.

They started in the 60's as a grass root club, actually a bit like the SS. They are a Pan-turkish organisation, and somehow believe that their people/culture is superior to the rest of us. Islam and terrorism is what they believe in.

Only 20 people?

biggrin.png

Soon to be the biggest hub in the world. A poor choice for anyone entering, that later plans being on the run.

As with any of the Middle East hubs...the majority of the passengers are just in transit.

Border crossing over land into a selection of 4 unsympathetic countries in less time than by air...take your pick.

Only 20 people?

biggrin.png

Soon to be the biggest hub in the world. A poor choice for anyone entering, that later plans being on the run.

As with any of the Middle East hubs...the majority of the passengers are just in transit.

Border crossing over land into a selection of 4 unsympathetic countries in less time than by air...take your pick.

If they believe they only had (more than) 20 Turkish arrivals then they are dreaming or TAT is still lying.

After all the incompetence we learned about the RTP, it would surprise me if the cameras at the airports are working properly. Even when they do, i doubt the digital will saved or someone have access to it. Actually it's a miracle we have internet, electricity and so on.

...and so on?

Hahaha....You mean like running water not to mention sliced bread

Just i thought, wouldn't be easier to blame the Uighur or Uighur related terrorism when they do not have a clue who did it? But who knows, maybe they right OR it might be same people who detonated the bomb in BKK a while ago. I did not follow whether they have been caught

Bla bla decoys and more stories it never ends

Firstly it was not a foriegner thats rubbish it was a Asain and they know already but playing the game.

Do you really think a pro Bomber lands strikes without altering his appearnace this whole investigation is unprofessional and run by untrained police with no clue what so ever

So do not claim you know his nationality as you have ni idea and your not fooling anyone it Thai grown and bred... You not need look far buddy

So we cannot say it may be linked to the turkish and deportation as we cannot claim his nationality

But apparently you can say he is asian ant not foreigner, even if all the people who took the suspect in taxi or moto said he was speaking in foreign language

Most of the thais would have recognized lao, burma, cambodia, even chinese....

So as you would say :

whistling.gif As I recall from my time working in Turkey, the Gray Wolves was a right wing organization that was anti-immigrants to Turkey.

Frankly, I don't see what that would have anything to do with Thailand.

Might as well consider the Greek "Golden Dawn" right wing anti immigration group in Greece.

Strange, isn't it, that first in Turkey we've got an attack against the consulate of Thailand AND the embassy of China, we also have attack against the korean tourists (in the belief that they were chinese), an attack against Chinese restaurants.

And then, we've got the attack in BKK, clearly wanting to hurt the Chinese tourists... hm... something fishy....

I've thought all along that the bomber was probably a Turk, but just a suspicion based on his appearance and the attack on the Thai embassy in Istanbul.

RTP should have immediately investigated all entries from Muslim countries, and, not just the 15 days prior to the attack, but go back to Dec 2014. Why have they waited so long?

Please note that there was no embassy attack. It was a a group of protesters who vandalized the honorary Thai consulate, breaking windows, tossing papers and furniture. No one was physically assaulted and no one was physically harmed, except the protesters, some of whom received a few wacks from the coppers.

The sketch looks nothing like a Turkish person, anyone who says it looks like Turk probably has never seen a Turk before.

This is what a typical turk looks like.

tarkan-422.jpg

Didn't you describe yourself as typically Turkish looking in a previous post ? This was the Eurovision wally wasn't it ? I remember the comments that it was surprising that Turkey would choose someone of such err...whatever, to represent them given the fact it is not exactly a gay free zone.

Whenever there are bombings and suicide attacks around the world which religion is usually responsible ?

Depends which era you're talking about, for centuries it was predominately christianity responsible - of late it has been Islam. The only real consistency, dating back 5 millennia to the birth of civilisation is that whenever the is intra-group violence, wars, atrocities, genocides, massacres and mass murder that one religion or another is either the primary cause or used as the primary justification for the evil deeds committed. It seems quite clear that without religion the world would be a far safer, peaceful and content place. Thus the growing number of atheist across the globe.