Australian father hires former commando’s to grab his daughter in Thailand

webfact

So the Thai wife does the usual by seizing the child and absconding bringing her back to la la land for its wonderful upbringing and education with no regard for the law. The father rectifies the situation and grabs her back and the numpties on here are criticizing him. For those who are siding with a Thai woman who has shown her contempt for the law and her family you should be ashamed. Good on the guy, I am sure thousands sympathies and would like to have done the same. The woman clearly has no regard for the wellbeing of her daughter pandora is your typical selfish Thai.

Rightly or wrongly, the guy has committed an international crime. If some Thai, backed by hired militia abducted a child from Australia, what would your opinion be?

Did you read the story? the woman abducted the daughter from Australia. The husband tried legal channels (thai and Australia) to get her returned. who committed the original crime?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hires former commando's . . . what? Could someone specify?

CARI, read the full story.

I just wonder how they managed to get the girl through the Thai immigration on exiting? I assume the mother left Australia using their Australian Passports? So then the girl would be on overstay and immigration would start asking questions why the father was not similarly on overstay? On the other hand mother would have the passport of course.

Edited by AlQaholic

And now the little girl wakes up every day and wonders "Where is mommy?" Mebe Mommy can contact CARI and get the kid back?

Or mommy can come back to Australia and go through the courts like she should have done in the first damn place.

Edited by oneday

So the Thai wife does the usual by seizing the child and absconding bringing her back to la la land for its wonderful upbringing and education with no regard for the law. The father rectifies the situation and grabs her back and the numpties on here are criticizing him. For those who are siding with a Thai woman who has shown her contempt for the law and her family you should be ashamed. Good on the guy, I am sure thousands sympathies and would like to have done the same. The woman clearly has no regard for the wellbeing of her daughter pandora is your typical selfish Thai.

Rightly or wrongly, the guy has committed an international crime. If some Thai, backed by hired militia abducted a child from Australia, what would your opinion be?

The mother committed a crime by abducting the child in the first place. What do the Thai authorities say in this case? Typical that when he tried the legal way the Thai police were not interested, sometimes you have to help yourself, especially here.

Sad the Thai authorities wouldn't help out...even if nothing else, just to investigate.

Countless times I've read and even experienced that the Thai officials will not interfere in domestic disputes unless there is violence involved. So normal SOP for Thailand. Also I've read there is no Thai law for parental 'kidnapping' though that term is not appropriate in this case and believe recovery is more accurate. The only illegal part would be leaving the country without going through immigration channels.

Anyone who trusts the Thai courts to do the right thing, especially where a farang is involved...

At least the child is in Australia which has the rule of law. I expect Australia to get involved at least in an overview. I'd hate to have any child of mine in a remote village in Thailand with no recourse to real courts. I like things the way they are until Australia says something different.

Cheers.

the Thai children courts,unlike the normal courts are very fair to farangs,especially if the child will remain in Thailand. However in this case, it would have been nearly impossible for the father to gain custody and return his daughter to Australia from Thailand. He took the only way open to him. Good for him and especially his daughter.

There could be more to the story - that's pertinent. Plus, the story may go on, if the ex-wife wants to pursue legal recourse. I'm not saying she has any ground to stand on, but still.... The Aussie could have done what thousands of other farang in similar scenarios have done: reside near his daughter in Thailand, and try to work out an arrangement that's best for all concerned. Not a great scenario, but better than being depressed and alone in Oz.

Remember the recent case of the Brit who brought his two girls back to Thailand so they could visit there Mom. He had full custudy, from a Thai court. They came here on British passports. She kidnapped them and had them for months. It wasnt until a reward was offered that he got anything done.

This article also says the child was living with her grandmother in a remote villiage.They wanted the kid for the wrong reasons I would bet.

Great Story. Glad it turned out like this.

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

Maybe, but guess what....just about every farang father I know who have their wifes leave them left the fathers with the children. They did not want the responsibility.

His wife took the child illegally from oz,australia is a signatory to the hague convention so is thailand,but thailand doesn't enforce it.he tried legally through the right channels to get his daughter back without success,he then contacted"carrie or carry" not sure about name but an international child abduction org based in london and staffed mainly by ex australian sas personel. the child is very happy according to the media here, her english has improved and is regarded as above average according to her school.

Edited by heybuz

Why did the mom run? Maybe because she can't speak English and had no way of communicating with Child Protection Services? Maybe she does not think taking her child back to Thailand is not consider as kidnapping (don't shoot me here, I know it is). Maybe she is bored in Australia and can't adjust to the way of life (which has happened to a friend who married a Thai and also lives in Australia).

I'm sure the father is a loving figure or else the daughter probably would not have welcome her with open arms. If she is brought back to a remote village, her mom would probably have ruined her life. She has a much brighter future in Australia.

How quick we are to side with the father. Why? Because he's not Thai? Who are we to automatically assume the girl's best interests is with the father. For all we know he could be a total controlling ass. Wives leave husbands often because of abuse or child molestation, or simply because some husbands are as*holes.

You are right. And that's why the legal system should have been used in this case, rather than just doing a runner with the child. Australia has great protection services for abused family members. Doesn't look like this lady took advantage of them. Just ran. Not the right way to sort this out. And 100% illegal.

Sad the Thai authorities wouldn't help out...even if nothing else, just to investigate.

Oh, so it has been determined now that the wife was abused by her husband?

Any links to that conclusion?

Why is it too easy for a Thai woman to leave another country with a child and no father present and not even a signed letter of agreement from the father presumably. This should be done in all cases for both the mother and father if travelling alone with children. Proper checks could easily be done to prevent any child leaving any country without the correct documents of authority from parents. Surely this would then prevent child abductions/trafficking too.

So apparently there are a few in here that believe in child abduction, what a shame. She should have taken the proper legal avenue.

I hear about Thai women that dump there kids at grandma's then run off with a farang for a new life. How lucky those kids must be.

I can only verify that this happens, seen it happen, and watched it happen, sometimes for saving face. But the Grandparents are always pretty honest in my book! Guess that's just the way it is.

So generally I do not jump to conclusions, I like finding out the facts..... Let us look at the facts before we jump to conclusions. JMO clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

How the hell can you say that you have no idea what happen ok why start on the father have you been in that try of shit I think not because if you did you would not put that shit on here I have had something like that happen to me and it is not a good feeling so back of the father ok I am not sure about what happen but you don't just take your child and run like the mother did ok .

Was the child asked what she thinks of all of this???

besides that,,, it must have been a very scary situation for her to be picked up by some guys that she doesn't know....

The full story says her father was there and she jumped into his arms....does not sound very scary ?

Was the child asked what she thinks of all of this???

besides that,,, it must have been a very scary situation for her to be picked up by some guys that she doesn't know....

The father was with them .

Was the girl the daughter of the wife??

Yes ,as far as i gather .It was the wife/mother/grandmother took the girl to Thailand for a period which was supposed to be a week ,then she done a runner with the child .The father had been trying for 3 years to get her back already .I am glad he was sucessful .You can see from the childs face she is happy with him .When she is 18 she can revisit her mother if she so desires .

You are right. And that's why the legal system should have been used in this case, rather than just doing a runner with the child. Australia has great protection services for abused family members. Doesn't look like this lady took advantage of them. Just ran. Not the right way to sort this out. And 100% illegal.

Oh, so it has been determined now that the wife was abused by her husband?

Any links to that conclusion?

I never said there was. I replied to a post asking if this was possibly the case. If it was, there are great services in Australia to help families like this. But we don't know. All we do know, is she took the children with no intention of bringing them back. And they were with their grandparents, not with her. At least that's what I read in the article, right???