50-year-old Phuket woman arrested for kratom possession

webfact

50-year-old Phuket woman arrested for kratom possession

The Phuket News

1440648739_1-org.jpg
50-year-old Ternjit Srinak told police she had recently purchased 5 kilos of kratom leaves for B1,500 a kilo.

PHUKET: -- A 50-year-old woman was arrested at her rented room in Moo 7 in Kathu yesterday (August 26) when she was found to be in possession of 4.5 kilos of kratom leaves.

At 8pm yesterday, Provincial police, led by Pol Maj Rithichai Chumchuoy, arrested Ternjit Srinak with 4.5 kilos of kratom leaves and also seized one set of digital scales.

The arrest of Ternjit came after police learned from undercover officers that Ternjit had been using the rented room to sell kratom leaves to local teenagers who then took the leaves to the Talad Thung Thong community in Kathu to make into kratom juice.

Maj Rithichai said that at 7:30pm police received a tip off from undercover officers that Ternjit had just received a big load of kratom leaves which she was going to to sell to the teenagers. Police arrived at the rented room and found Ternjit waiting at the door.

“We searched the room and discovered 57 bags of fresh kratom leaves on the floor,” Maj Rithichai said.

Ternjit told police, “I have bought the kratom from a 20-year-old man three times and he delivered them to my room. I bought 5 kilos from him recently and paid B1,500 per kilo.”

Ternjit was taken to Thung Thong Police Station where she was charged with illegal possession of a Category 5 drug.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/50-year-old-phuket-woman-arrested-for-kratom-possession-53833.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-27

Is that the room adjacent to the one were the "undislosed percentage" of confiscated Ya Baa and Ya Ice is distributed amongst fellow "co workers"?

Man, Krathom leaves... come on, give her a slap on the wrist and let her go! Don't you guys have bigger fish to fry????

Edited by sexybabe

Is that the room adjacent to the one were the "undislosed percentage" of confiscated Ya Baa and Ya Ice is distributed amongst fellow "co workers"?

Man, Krathom leaves... come on, give her a slap on the wrist and let her go! Don't you guys have bigger fish to fry????

Wrong wrong wrong, she should be ex-cumunicated, burnt at the stake, hung, drawn and quatered. Except for the fact that she is clearly not guilty, as no-one is pointing at here!

Jesus wept, sometimes I give up, I go to bed and think, never mind it will be better tomorrow, but, same Shy1te, different day.

Agreed, priorities, priorities etc. Etc. Etc

Edited by BigBadGeordie

So you guys are saying that even after a tipoff the local police should have ignored this and carried on walking the streets of Phuket photo in hand stopping every person with glasses and slightly scruffy hair!

Ok then!

When cops don't do their jobs you have a go, when they DO their jobs you have a go......

I blame Phuket News for allowing the police to report this nonsense as actual news. It's legal in most countries and just a waste of the police's time. There must be SOMETHING they can do? I know...how about patrol the highways making the roads slightly less dangerous? Naaa