What pages needed for retirement visa extension ?

circusman

Thanks for the advice. I did it this afternoon and they did not ask for any previous copies of visas. I had an online appointment for 2:30 and they did not call my name. I inquired and was told they had no master list of appts made online. I got called at 3 pm and got my passport back at 5:00.

Stellar service. Not really. It was better at the airport area office. Phewy.

Thanks for the advice. I did it this afternoon and they did not ask for any previous copies of visas. I had an online appointment for 2:30 and they did not call my name. I inquired and was told they had no master list of appts made online. I got called at 3 pm and got my passport back at 5:00.

Good to know. I have a 2.00 p.m. appointment coming up. I think one should register at the front desk with their appointment slip PRINTED out. From what I understand you were lucky to get your passport back the same day some people have to return the next day(a real pain in the posterior) as they send them to the airport office in batches to be signed some days. I am taking everything but the kitchen sink along in case they ask for something unusual.

I just give them a copy of every page in passport, and let them sort it out,

better than running about getting page copied that the require. and don't

forget to sign everyone.

regards worgeordie[/quote)

Let them sort it out gives them more work and slows things down for everyone. Why not give them copies of all the pages in your last three passports shuffled and really make a statement?

Good to know. I have a 2.00 p.m. appointment coming up. I think one should register at the front desk with their appointment slip PRINTED out. From what I understand you were lucky to get your passport back the same day some people have to return the next day(a real pain in the posterior) as they send them to the airport office in batches to be signed some days. I am taking everything but the kitchen sink along in case they ask for something unusual.

Yes, I suggest you speak with the two girls outside at the counter first thing. If your not called around your time, talk with them again. They went inside the inner-sanctum and came out to tell me the retirement officer had no list. But I was called eventually.

The two girls are supposed to check your papers to see if you have it correct. The one who supposedly checked mine did a half hearted job that did not give me any confidence. In the end it all came out alright.

forget to sign everyone.

Let them sort it out gives them more work and slows things down for everyone. Why not give them copies of all the pages in your last three passports shuffled and really make a statement?

I do the same, for good reason, there is no consistency of requirements. Until there is they get copies of every page in my passport, and you get no apologies from me.

I did my retirement visa last Wed.

The official wanted copies of the front page, the initial retirement visa stamp, the last visa extension stamp,the last entry to Thailand stamp, and arrival /departure card for that entry.

Thats 5 copies from your passport.

The girl out front told me to copy my bank book but the officer did not want it, because I used the income method to show I have enough dough. Just saying, the girls are guessing.

The official wanted copies of the front page, the initial retirement visa stamp, the last visa extension stamp,the last entry to Thailand stamp, and arrival /departure card for that entry.

The girl out front told me to copy my bank book but the officer did not want it, because I used the income method to show I have enough dough. Just saying, the girls are guessing.

Would you please clarify what you mean by "income method?" Do you mean an affidavit from a consular official, or do you mean acceptable deposits in a Thai bank account?

Two options, of course, apply.

With the affidavit, you still might be asked --- but this is probably very, very rare --- to back up the affidavit with proof. I have seen second or third-hand reports that this having occurred in other immigration offices, but only once, as I can recall, in Chiang Mai some years ago. I also recall that the guy who posted the information first-hand on CM Thai Visa really came across as some kind of nut, who, if not already cracked, deserved to be. Of course, this method is open to rampant abuse by some foreigners, certainly a substantial number of some nationalities in Chiang Mai. Whatever! If legitimate, it is easy to prove acceptable "pension income." Certainly all pensions send recipients a "benefits letter," some annually. Otherwise, you would certainly have regular personal bank postings to match. Otherwise, affidavits are only valid for a limited time, so you should line one up within some reasonable period of time before you visit Immigration. Some consulates, I gather, are quite efficient at warning people about this.

WIth acceptable deposits in Thai bank accounts, no need to repeat the nitty gritty details here except to say that you are indeed asked for copies of the appropriate pages of the passbook(s). If I am not mistaken, a Thai bank letter should still be dated within seven days of your visit to Immigration with a same-day confirmation in the bank book(s). This system is also open to abuse. One is rotating deposits within a group with propitious annual Immigration appointments. Immigration generally ignores this travesty. Another is taking out pricey short-term loans from sharks to keep an account balance sufficient for the required period of time.

In ANY case, an Immigration Officer needs to be satisfied as to the legitimacy of your request just as the immigration officer you meet when you enter another country. The visa only gets you there. You must satisfy that officer as to your legitimacy in order to enter regardless of visa. One interesting report of that is in America where some Chinese women in very advanced stages of pregnancy are purposely traveling there to have babies who then, because of US law, are automatically US citizens!

What's up, Mapguy? Y u on USA citizenship, chinese folks, income affidavit letters, pregnancy, pension income, etc, all in one post? What is the TOPIC?

Funny! smile.png One thing leads to another. The topic was covered first. Hasn't seemed to be any sort of general review posted lately while more than a few newbies have had some elementary queries. The story about pregnant women is simply to point out that one ultimately has to satisfy Immigration authorities at any time, which follows on from how one must prepare for surprises, especially if "crackdowns" might be in the offing for those who like to take advantage. My apologies! wai.gif Cheers!

forget to sign everyone.

It is only 6 copies, so I don't think it would take long for the officer

to take what he needs, it would waste much more time if I did not

provide a copy he needed,and he had to wait while I went out

to get a copy.right?

regards worgeordie

Would you please clarify what you mean by "income method?" Do you mean an affidavit from a consular official, or do you mean acceptable deposits in a Thai bank account?

Two options, of course, apply.

With the affidavit, you still might be asked --- but this is probably very, very rare --- to back up the affidavit with proof. I have seen second or third-hand reports that this having occurred in other immigration offices, but only once, as I can recall, in Chiang Mai some years ago. I also recall that the guy who posted the information first-hand on CM Thai Visa really came across as some kind of nut, who, if not already cracked, deserved to be. Of course, this method is open to rampant abuse by some foreigners, certainly a substantial number of some nationalities in Chiang Mai. Whatever! If legitimate, it is easy to prove acceptable "pension income." Certainly all pensions send recipients a "benefits letter," some annually. Otherwise, you would certainly have regular personal bank postings to match. Otherwise, affidavits are only valid for a limited time, so you should line one up within some reasonable period of time before you visit Immigration. Some consulates, I gather, are quite efficient at warning people about this.

WIth acceptable deposits in Thai bank accounts, no need to repeat the nitty gritty details here except to say that you are indeed asked for copies of the appropriate pages of the passbook(s). If I am not mistaken, a Thai bank letter should still be dated within seven days of your visit to Immigration with a same-day confirmation in the bank book(s). This system is also open to abuse. One is rotating deposits within a group with propitious annual Immigration appointments. Immigration generally ignores this travesty. Another is taking out pricey short-term loans from sharks to keep an account balance sufficient for the required period of time.

In ANY case, an Immigration Officer needs to be satisfied as to the legitimacy of your request just as the immigration officer you meet when you enter another country. The visa only gets you there. You must satisfy that officer as to your legitimacy in order to enter regardless of visa. One interesting report of that is in America where some Chinese women in very advanced stages of pregnancy are purposely traveling there to have babies who then, because of US law, are automatically US citizens!

I bet you didn't hold your breath while you typed all that.

forget to sign everyone.

to get a copy.right?

regards worgeordie

You must be on a new passport or be a homebody. I have 52 stamped pages in mine and don't feel like I have been doing much traveling!

forget to sign everyone.

to get a copy.right?

regards worgeordie

You must be on a new passport or be a homebody. I have 52 stamped pages in mine and don't feel like I have been doing much traveling!

Homeboy, did all my traveling when I was much younger and could enjoy it.

regards Worgeordie

In May of this year, the immigration lady handling my extension (based on retirement) required copies of every single page of my passport (excepting, of course, empty pages).....and that was the first time anybody asked for all of that. As noted by others, the requirements seem to change from time to time and officer to officer so obviously the wise move is to take a copy of every single page. I'd note that some of the pages she wanted from me had nothing to do with prior extensions (e.g., she even required a copy of a rather old Tourist Visa that pre-dated my original Non-O or extensions).