Hitachi pump leaking

bankruatsteve

A few weeks ago, my pump started "bumping" every few minutes. I assumed I had a leaky faucet and sure enough found one that had a really slow drip so I replaced it (it was a crap faucet anyway) but the bumping continued. Anyway... today it started bumping every 30 sec or so and noticed water on the floor. So, I took off the cover and see where one of the plates sends a squirt of water out either side when the pump is on. I haven't yet checked around for local "pump place" to see if it can be repaired.

Do you pump experts have any input before I go out to look for repair or new one? BTW: it has a 5 year warrantee and guess what is just over 5 years old. :(

The photo is marked where the leaks are coming from under the plate both front and back:

post-87941-0-76993500-1440669106_thumb.j

Yeap, just tightening the screws may/should work. There is probably a round, rubber gasket in that sealing location....you probably can't see the gasket but it's there. You can also just remove the screws, remove the cover, clean things up, and reattach....don't over-torque the screws.

I've had two Mitsubishi pumps that developed leaks, A WP-155 and a Wp-255. They are both accumulator type pumps. On the WP-155 the top plastic housing was cracked so I ordered a new housing and "O" rings. The 255 developed a leak in the tank due to a defective weld and also the top housing was leaking. I ordered a new tank and removed and inspected the top housing. It was not cracked and the "O" rings looked okay so I put a small bead of automotive RTV around where the "O" rings were installed. Both are working fine with no leaks.

Ruandsangthai in Buriram can help you with parts and service. PM me if you want a contact. They are an authorized Mitsubishi service center.

Follow up... BTW - the screws were tight. Took in to the local fix-it guy and every screw holding that plate down broke off (rusted). They will try to drill them out and then replace gasket so I'll find out later if that was successful. Not sure if that says something about the quality of Hitachi or the model (GX series).