US is now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015

webfact

Not suprising when firearms can be bought as easy as a coca cola from seven eleven.... A Ban on firearms is long overdue - sure the cowboys will cry its against their freedom and right to protect themselves. But the rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!

Perhaps you should look at the firearms laws in the USA they vary by state as it is the United States of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

Why are you afraid of Americans having guns? How does it affect you?

You wrote, "The rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!"

Among the best countries for gun owners are Finland, Sweden, Canada, Norway and Switzerland.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-countries-gun-owners/

Of all of the points you try to make none of them are correct. Even in the old West gun control laws were on the whole rather strict.

a very petty response - you obviously don't understand figures of speech.

the fact is that it is TOO EASY to buy firearms in the US - especially high-power military style weapons.......and the laws need to be federal and much more restrictive.

Because of the ridiculously slack laws the US is awash with old and illegal guns too this in itself presents an enormous problem....on top of any new regulation..

What is a high powered military style weapon?

Really ? Really? you think that is an argument!?!?!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should look at the firearms laws in the USA they vary by state as it is the United States of America. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_by_state

Why are you afraid of Americans having guns? How does it affect you?

You wrote, "The rest of the World is doing just fine... grow some balls america stop hiding behind firearms, the country is ruled by fear!"

Among the best countries for gun owners are Finland, Sweden, Canada, Norway and Switzerland.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-countries-gun-owners/

Of all of the points you try to make none of them are correct. Even in the old West gun control laws were on the whole rather strict.

a very petty response - you obviously don't understand figures of speech.

the fact is that it is TOO EASY to buy firearms in the US - especially high-power military style weapons.......and the laws need to be federal and much more restrictive.

Because of the ridiculously slack laws the US is awash with old and illegal guns too this in itself presents an enormous problem....on top of any new regulation..

Really ? Really? you think that is an argument!?!?!

No. I asked a question. Depending on your answer I may agree with you. So, I'll ask again. What is a high powered military style weapon?

<snip>

it's a big gun that kills with ease

"it's a big gun that kills with ease"

Your vast weapons expertise knows no limits.

if i was in the states though, that would be enough technical knowledge to allow me to own one!

if i was in the states though, that would be enough technical knowledge to allow me to own one!

Oh really? You have to be a bit more specific as many weapons are against the law to own in the USA.

post-232807-0-14354500-1441202520_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

"little johnny just requires something small, compact, powerful, easy to use and offload, and that can be concealed easily when entering the church or the swimming baths"

"oh you have a choice - that's great"

"little johnny just requires something small, compact, powerful, easy to use and offload, and that can be concealed easily when entering the church or the swimming baths"

"oh you have a choice - that's great"

I hunt bear with a high powered rifle. I hunt wild boar with a high powered hand gun. I hunt ducks with a shot gun and buckshot. I hunt rabbits with a small caliber rifle. Doves I use a smaller shotgun and smaller shot. I hunt fish with a spear gun and gators with a .30-30 Winchester.

I don't know about little Johnny. My father taught me how to shoot and handle firearms and I was a marksman in the army.

So sure we have a choice. I don't see what difference it makes if one can conceal a weapon.

Many mass murderers took place from a long distance where the shooter was hidden from view.

I believe your point is not to disarm the bad guys but to disarm the hunters and families who are protecting their homes if I'm not mistaken.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't you want to take all guns away from all Americans?

Can i ask you what you do when you travel outside of america, to other countries?

do you feel safe sleeping, without a gun within easy reach? or does this make you feel nervous and vulnerable?

Troll. Topic is US is now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015.

I asked a simple question. Do you want to take all the guns away from all Americans as a way of preventing mass shootings?

Can i ask you what you do when you travel outside of america, to other countries?

do you feel safe sleeping, without a gun within easy reach? or does this make you feel nervous and vulnerable?

Troll. Topic is US is now averaging more than one mass shooting per day in 2015.

I asked a simple question. Do you want to take all the guns away from all Americans as a way of preventing mass shootings?

yes. good idea. life will still go on wont it, without you being able to own a gun.

and many people will not be murdered each year.

are the gun people prepared to sacrifice their sunday hunting trip with their pals, for this?

yes. good idea. life will still go on wont it, without you being able to own a gun.

are the gun people prepared to sacrifice their sunday hunting trip with their pals, for this?

Carnage on a mass scale. The legal guns can be confiscated but not the illegal ones as no one knows where they are. So all the bad guys will have guns and none of the good guys.

The reason bad guys don't riot and rob homes in the USA is because they know that mom and pop have guns and would shoot them. Ever seen movies of riots in the USA. They don't come to the suburbs or farm country because everyone is armed.

So, to answer your question life will not go on as we now know it. The USA will become a killing zone. The bad guys will kill all the good guys. Not enough cops to stop them. See Detroit.

I'm just curious, do you not know you are embarrasing yourself, or do you just not care?

As normal for non U.S. members, you've shown a good bit of ignorance about the situation. As to high powered military style weapons, do you not realize that many rifles used for hunting, are of a larger caliber, than the firearms you are complaining about? Shouldn't you at least educate yourself, before going a on a nanny state rant, about something that doesn't even affect you?

Edited by beechguy

<snip>

It doesn't take an expert on guns to know that big or small they are a problem in the US that needs addressing and arguing about the specifics of a firearm is just a typical attempt to obfuscate by those who have no real argument.

And it doesnt take an expert to know this is your opinion. Doesnt mean its correct. There are millions of Americans who would consider you incorrect. Its the US people who matter anyways not people like you.

Actually, it really wouldn't get you one quite that easily. You're not a US citizen, which complicates matters just a teensy bit.

Before you can even try and decide whether you want a "big gun that kills with ease" or a smaller one Little Johnny can use in the bath houses, you must first pass the NICS check for Non US Citizens/Aliens.

Let me get you started off in the right direction here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Federal Firearms Licensee Tip Sheet for Processing NICS Checks for Non-U.S. Citizens/Aliens

All Aliens, no matter the status, must have the following two items:
A valid ICE-issued form of identification; and
A valid alien number* (which will be provided to question #15 on the ATF Form 4473.)
Immigrant Alien or Legal Permanent Resident Alien (LPR)
Description
Granted permanent residence in the United States
Must carry evidence of their status
Status, in majority of cases, is granted for life
Identification
Identification card will indicate “Permanent Resident”
Identification card will have either an AR#, USCIS#, or A#
AR#, USCIS#, or A# will be 8 or 9 numeric digits in length
90 days proof of residency is no longer required
Quick ATF Form 4473 Check
Question #11L (Alien admitted with nonimmigrant visa?):
will respond with “No”
Question #14 (Country of Citizenship)
Question #15 (Alien Number): 8 or 9 numeric digits in length
NICS: National Instant Criminal Background Check System
ICE: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
FFL: Federal Firearms Licensee
AR#: Alien Registration Number
A#: Alien Number
LPR: Legal Permanent Resident Alien
USCIS#: United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services Number
CBP: United States Customs and Border Patrol
Form I-94: Arrival and Departure Record
Non-Immigrant Alien
Description:
No intention of abandoning residence in another country
Granted access to the United States for a specific purpose and for a temporary period of time
It gets complicated from this point forward so here is the link:

Seriously, why all the negativity. Most of the gun homicides are bad guys shooting bad guys. Natural selection.

We also have entirely too many people in this world, especially those that are not productive members of society.

Good guys need to pack better heat and take some shooting courses. Most of the boys in the hood types cannot shoot very well aiming the gun upside down. A good marksman could take them out quickly if necessary.

The US a failed country.

In the Netherlands we had 3 murders per week (most of them not gun related)

Think something is seriously wrong there, the US and Thailand look quite similar.

The Netherlands is a tiny country. How can you conceivably compare that to a country that is much larger?

The US a failed country.

In the Netherlands we had 3 murders per week (most of them not gun related)

Think something is seriously wrong there, the US and Thailand look quite similar.

The Netherlands is a tiny country. How can you conceivably compare that to a country that is much larger?

Immigration. Give them some more immigrants from violent countries.

So you simply automatically believe what you read on the internet?

I have always given you more credit than that.

My bad.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/november/crime-statistics-for-2013-released/crime-statistics-for-2013-released

I do when it comes from your own government, instead of users like you

You're better off trusting a regular person than the government, especially the FBI.

I reckon there's a link.....those in favour of lax gun laws and Climate change deniers, those who don't believe the links between smoking and ill-health, those who think they can predict people's behaviour by the color of their skin, those who believe in "small government" and BIG police/military....those who think aliens live amongst us.....astrology is real, big pharma is trying to keep us all sick, fluoride is used to control our minds, Elvis is alive, MI5 murdered Lady Di, the CIA bombed the twin towers, man didn't land on the moon......all this sound familiar? Believable? then you're the man!

Edited by cumgranosalum

I reckon there's a link.....those in favour of lax gun laws and Climate change deniers, those who don't believe the links between smoking and ill-health, those who think they can predict people's behaviour by the color of their skin, those who believe in "small government" and BIG police/military....those who think aliens live amongst us.....astrology is real, big pharma is trying to keep us all sick, fluoride is used to control our minds, Elvis is alive, MI5 murdered Lady Di, the CIA bombed the twin towers, man didn't land on the moon......all this sound familiar? Believable? then you're the man!

You proved there's a link, just not the one you intended.

sorry too obscure for me - what's that link i didn't intend?

You're a smart one, you'll figure it out.

I'm getting a strong feeling that your comment isn't as smart as you thought and you've realised that any explanation would simply make you look very silly?

Why do people that know little to nothing about firearms,self-defense and Defensive Gun Uses feel the need to bloviate and post endlessly about their lack of knowledge of firearms and debate those that have a life-long knowledge of the subject and tell them they are wrong?

You are basically embarrassing yourselves.

I'm getting a strong feeling that your comment isn't as smart as you thought and you've realised that any explanation would simply make you look very silly?

If you put half as much energy into self-examination as you do preparing for the next insult, you would have it sussed by now.

To put a little different light on the subject.

The following survey results came out today. It would seem not many Americans care what a host of Europeans and Aussies think about the gun issue..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: 60% say gun control won't stop violence, 54% blame social media
By PAUL BEDARD • 8/31/15 1:08 PM
Despite a rash of recent violent gun slayings, the public is not inclined to back more gun control and believes that new restrictions wouldn't have stopped the shooting deaths, according to a new poll.
Rasmussen Reports, polling on last week's shooting of two Virginia TV journalists on live TV, found that just 29 percent of likely voters believe stricter gun control laws would have prevented the slayings. Twice as many, 60 percent, said it wouldn't have helped.
Those numbers are virtually identical to the public's view of gun control in early 2011 following the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the killing of six others in Arizona.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Insuring the medical profession is reporting those individuals to the proper authorities who they suspect of potential violence would be a massive first step towards reducing the FBI recognized mass shootings.
You will always have the gang banger, drug dealer killings. Stiff prison sentences for anybody caught with an illegal weapon would be a sure fire way to get some of the criminals and illegal immigrants off the streets. Lock 'em up.
Now you may bash away...and that's what you are doing. At least be honest about that.

with the advantage of 20/20 hindsight, what gun laws would have prevented either shooting?