Norwegian overstays 86 days

Rimmer

Norwegian overstays 86 days

n11days.jpg

PATTAYA:--A broke Norwegian was arrested for overstaying his visa by nearly three months.

Tom Henning Bruvold, 47, was apprehended Aug. 17. He claimed he lost his travel documents.

Immigration officials checked his travel history via computer and determined he entered Thailand on April 22 on a 30-day visa waiver that expired May 21.

He was charged with overstaying 86 day

Bruvold finally admitted he had not intended to stay in Thailand longer than his visa allowed, but he had run out of money and asked to be deported home.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/norwegian-overstays-86-days-50605#sthash.3hDpN0zj.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-08-28 footer_n.gif

47 years old For the life of me I cannot understand guys like him. He goes to a foreign country with what would appear to be his total networth spends it all in less than 30 days and doesnot go home because he is broke. How can a man be 47 with nothing I just cannot comprehend it.

what kind of person travels when they are broke? Boggles my mind.

47 years old For the life of me I cannot understand guys like him. He goes to a foreign country with what would appear to be his total networth spends it all in less than 30 days and doesnot go home because he is broke. How can a man be 47 with nothing I just cannot comprehend it.

Does'nt boggle my mind. Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll.....or maybe just sex.

Happens all the time. Many people travel to Thailand to be a one month millionaire when all they really have would only pay for a weekend in Blackpool.

Readers of this forum always seem in disbelief that a foreigner could overstay or run out of money or jump from a tall building or work publicly without a work permit. But it happens ALL the time. At the very least, immigration is arresting Indians, Cambodians, Burmese, etc every single day for illegal overstays and unauthorized employment. It's really not news anymore nor worth giving much thought to.

Composite fits that of somebody with an addiction (by no means saying that is the case here).

86 days seem tiny compared to some of the stories volunteered on here.

Your taking his word for it. Did you ever consider he is lying and does have money?

Your taking his word for it. Did you ever consider he is lying and does have money?

Yes I'm yet to meet a skint Norwegian in all honesty.

A play for the gallery, he had no other choice then to tell he run out of money when they arrested him. In my opinion it's a lot guys like him here, that not bother to get appropriate visas. I'm probably one of the stupid guys that always get my visa and my inbound travel insurance in case of medical emergency. I hate to do the visa runs.

clap2.gif Too much Singha (see shirt)blink.png

That's hardly news, I had a friend, Tony, a French singer in Skvt soi 3, who overstayed 7 years and all he had to do is pay 20.000 Baht, go home, change passport and return.... 86 days... wow... big deal... why do people bother writing about that?

Edited by reggaebkk

Ye, what he been living on for the 86 days. He must have been paying his rented place and buying food and drinks. Load of B/S.

Does'nt boggle my mind. Sex, Drugs and Rock'n Roll.....or maybe just sex.

Just Bad luck? There's so many possibilities unless you have a stunted imagination!

Most likely such people are mental disabled. I hope he get home well and will seek professional help.

Many Norwegians depend on this - essentially someone else to take responsibility for them. ... the 'kommune'. The community city council.

(I lived ther nearly 2 decades)

As a Norwegian I am ashamed but it happens to all nationalities . The Norwegian welfare system wll help him financially once he arrives back home, don'tworry about that. Unfortunately guys like him probably live their whole lifes without a proper job and just spend any money they get on booze and cheap women.

Edited by balo

When you go somewhere on holiday or whatever, you buy a roundstrip-ticket, or??? This guy had no intention at all to obey to any rules,,,, nothing., just stay here as long as he could.

Now it was time to face the consequenses of his actions. Thailand do not want these kind of turists here, they are just too much, and make a bad shadows falls on the rest of us, I guess..

Glegolo