Chuwong's death probe back to square one

webfact

Chuwong's death probe back to square one

2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Crime Suppressionn Division (CSD) commander says the investigation of the unusual death of billionaire construction contractor Chuwong Sae Tang will be back to square one with coordination from the car company to help in establishing the impact that could cause death.

CSD commander Pol Maj Gen Akradej Phimolsri said now the metropolitan police have handed over the case file of Mr Chuwong’s death from the car crash on June 26 to the CSD to handle.

He said the next step is to appoint a working team to handle the investigation which he said will be back to square one.

He said CSD team will begin from where the car started to the crash scene.

CSD will also seek coordination from the car company to take part in the finding so that the investigation would be made in a cautious step.

For the hundreds of pages of the investigation report of the case file handed over by the metropolitan police, the CSD commander said this would be taken into consideration as a sideline.

He insisted that the CSD police have not yet concluded the death of Mr Chuwong, and have not sought warrant for the arrest of more suspects.

Commenting on the former deputy commerce minister Pol Lt Col Banyin Tangphakorn’s request to check the recent searches of his houses by the CSD police which he said was an overacting of authority, the CSD chief said the CSD police acted within the boundary of law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuwongs-death-probe-back-to-square-one

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-28

Can details from the car's ecu be extracted? e.g. average speed etc.

They will examine the data control modules in the vehicle, providing that they have not been tampered with. Also, a forensic engineer can do analysis on the vehicle and determine velocity, direction of travel, seat belt usage, etc. Example of a company that was used on one of my cases.

http://bakereng.ca/our-services/

The CSD are already trying to delay this case......going back to Toyota for information on crashes is so clearly not relevant any longer and simply a delay tactic.

The accused and his 2/3 lady friends.............??......

That Chuwong was cremated so quickly after his death, (within 2 days as I remember) and with so many unanswered questions speaks heaps!

While it's true that crashworthiness and accident reconstruction experts from Toyota can assist in this investigation (they should have been brought in from the start), the failure of the BIB to do a proper autopsy before they cremated Chuwong is a travesty of justice.

A postmortem was conducted.

The CSD are already trying to delay this case......going back to Toyota for information on crashes is so clearly not relevant any longer and simply a delay tactic.

That Chuwong was cremated so quickly after his death, (within 2 days as I remember) and with so many unanswered questions speaks heaps!

It doesn't say anything at all when you consider that it was the family who arranged the cremation and it is the family that is asking for further investigation. The police had nothing to do with the funeral arrangements.

No. I think what's happening is CSD will ignore the "evidence" that the first team collated,. I think what he's saying is that he does not trust whatever data has been put together so far and he will gather his own information.

Rightly so, I would say.

Yet another example of the police's lack of expertise when it comes to handling a "crime scene" - or any suspicious incident?

One gets the feeling that they don't WANT an answer......

This is to some extent the result of people buying their way to the top or getting promotions through connections - end result: incapable, inexperienced, un-knowledgeable people running the show and giving the orders which in 99% of cases will never be challenged.

It also means corrupt top cops, plus these same cops entangling their juniors in corruption

This also leads to a certain type of person trying to get into the force, not the types that a professional and credible force would really want / not the types that would personally aim for high professional capability and credibility.

Take the well documented, well publicized scam a few months back, which has been going on for years, pay 300,000Baht and you get access to a buzzer arrangement in your pocket which gives you the answers to the questions. This scam is actually operated by a gang of cops.

Ethics and morals not in the picture.

Edited by scorecard

No. I think what's happening is CSD will ignore the "evidence" that the first team collated,. I think what he's saying is that he does not trust whatever data has been put together so far and he will gather his own information.

Rightly so, I would say.

So that leads to the notion that he would put together a case which resolves him from blame and nothing more.

The guy is a more senior cop, he knows how to put together such documents.

And google his name and see his past.

It doesn't say anything at all when you consider that it was the family who arranged the cremation and it is the family that is asking for further investigation. The police had nothing to do with the funeral arrangements.

Are you sure it was the deceased's family who asked for a quick cremation?

While it's true that crashworthiness and accident reconstruction experts from Toyota can assist in this investigation (they should have been brought in from the start), the failure of the BIB to do a proper autopsy before they cremated Chuwong is a travesty of justice.

"...a travesty of justice. "

Many people contend that Thai justice is a travesty.

Had this not been a rich family ... had the police not been called to account by the rich family ... this would be over ... finished ... forgotten. I think in Thailand, like in so many countries less developed, it is relatively easy to get away with murder, especially if is a clever murder and there is no CCTV of the act.

Had this not been a rich family ... had the police not been called to account by the rich family ... this would be over ... finished ... forgotten.

Well, this is looking like the outcome regardless of the family's wealth? Which is amazing.

(Maybe they do not have the requisite status to insure "justice"?)

Here's the part that I don't get.. How does his family not demand a proper autopsy IMMEDIATELY after seeing the 'crash' and it's location, as well as knowing the driver. It wasn't until they found out there was a money transfer, and they weren't as rich as they thought they'd be, that they put up a fight. They probably don't even care that he's dead, just that they're getting less money..

Exactly, I thought I read he had injuries that did bot associate with the vehicle crash? now no body in the mourge for forensics.

Rightly so, I would say.

So that leads to the notion that he would put together a case which resolves him from blame and nothing more.

The guy is a more senior cop, he knows how to put together such documents.

And google his name and see his past.

And your notion leads to the notion that Banyin's public rebuke and rejection of a CSD investigation is all a ploy so that if Banyin is exonerated, there will be no suspicion of favour and that the CSD chief and Banyin are actually great mates.

Possible, I suppose. But I think CSD want to get him.