Soldiers Bust Illegal Sidewalk Bars in Pattaya

Lite Beer

Soldiers Bust Illegal Sidewalk Bars in Pattaya

14407603201440760389l.jpg

CHONBURI — Thirty soldiers and city workers dismantled streetside bar stalls said to be operating without a license in the resort town of Pattaya last night.

The bars – which consist mostly of drink stalls, tables and stools – were located on the sidewalks near Bali Hai Pier south of Pattaya. Lt. Winai Duangthong, an officer from the 14th Military District who led last night’s raid, said the bars did not have any permission to use the public space.

According to Winai, his unit was responding to complaints from the public that these bars obstruct sidewalks at night and tap electricity from the public lighting system without permission, which caused nearby street lamps to overload and fail.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1440760320

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-28

According to Winai, his unit was responding to complaints from the public that these bars obstruct sidewalks at night and tap electricity from the public lighting system without permission, which caused nearby street lamps to overload and fail.

What the betting, the so called public who reported them just happened to have interests in other near by bars???

I am not saying they are wrong to do so if they are legit themselves.

take a leaf out of Phukets cap and bulldoze the whole west of Pattaya including walking street which is very obviously encrotching on public land, and while you're at it remove the jetski scourge from pattaya beaches

we have had enough already,

message to the PM - I still have the faith, I still believe you are a good man and can change Thailand for the good of allThai people, even though you need to work on the PR side of things and chill a bit

Army and City Officers shutdown illegal Pattaya Port Bar

bar-42.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA Despite giving them a chance to leave without any further problems, The Army was forced to intervene and remove an outdoor Bar from the promenade close to the Bali Hai Port on Thursday Night.

City Hall Officers had previously visited the Klerm Bar, located close to the Port at the south-end of Pattaya Beach, and warned them that unless they cease operation they would be subject to prosecution as the Bar was located on public land and possessed no licenses.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/215353/army-and-city-officers-shutdown-illegal-pattaya-port-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-29

take a leaf out of Phukets cap and bulldoze the whole west of Pattaya including walking street which is very obviously encrotching on public land, and while you're at it remove the jetski scourge from pattaya beaches

message to the PM - I still have the faith, I still believe you are a good man and can change Thailand for the good of allThai people, even though you need to work on the PR side of things and chill a bit

Is this an intentional PUN, or what ? ? ? ?

" walking street which is very obviously en-crotch-ing on public land "

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

So when will they do the same in Bangkok?

That would be interesting...lol

Ever since Prayuth took over he's been going after the source of police revenue including busting some top police mafia guys.

Alot of nak leng are closely associated with local police stations so it would be a big one if the army goes after the BKK clubs and bars many of which are operated by the two.

Edited by jalansanitwong

The military need to start getting arrest warrents for policemen for delection of duty or whatever charge they can come up with so as to put the police on notice that the law can also apply to them.

Forewarn those to be affected (police) and maybe a few will do a runner to Cambodia, Early retirement may become very popular. The present government keeps dragging their feet in cleaning up and out the largest number of thieves in Thailand within a single organization. Untilthis group is prosceuted and brought to heel, the job of cleaning up graft/ corruption is only being done in a half arse manner

Why ?

Good job your not in charge then.

I think you must be of a very mature age and your fun in life is over now.

Please don't stop others.

What about Sukhumvit Bangkok? recently I noticed 25% of them run by "foreigners" these days, can't see that lasting much longer.

I rarely go to beer bars so i dont know. Eventually the Bkk beer bars will disappear because the streetscape is constantly being modernised with boutique shops,sushi bars ,condos and malls. There was a huge bar cluster at soi 10 Suk... but MP Chuwit didnt like it so he got his army mates to bulldoze the joint in one night. The last time i bothered to go through Patpong most of the beer bars were gone or quiet.

Beer bars will eventually disappear in pattaya as well. The Thais who made their fortune out of supplying girls in pattaya will find better uses for the realestate. The course of time changes everything.

Clinton Plaza ? Washingtoin Square? All gone .

How long will this last? It lasted about 3 months on Sukhumvit 11 in Bkk, now many food stalls are back and the taxi are cluttering up the soi parking on the side of the streets waiting to rip off unsuspecting tourists that don't know any better.

traffic is almost at a stand still all day every day because these greedy self serving corrupt cops are selling the streets to benefit themselves and at the detriment of the entire rest of society.

AGAIN, fire all of the useless BIB and start over. Reform will never work, start fresh.

Let the military do their job until the new officers are trained and deployed.

They are the only ones doing the policing now anyway as the BIB are just busy extorting the country.

AS long as there are human beings on this Earth who enjoy a drink and chat with the girls- a bar will spring up to provide the alcohol and the companionship. At one time in Bangkok- Petchaburi Road was the central entertainment area for both Thais and foreigners. Then it was Patpong, then Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy. As a city grows and modernizes, these type of places move to other places and the customers always follow.

Cannot imagine why the Police didn't conduct these raids. Lack of confidence ?

Probably because the police indirectly owned them.

Very true, I have a Friend in phuket, he is an Ex Thai police officer, He has a Hotel Gold shop and a computer shop, how do you get that on a Thai policemans wages,

What about Sukhumvit Bangkok? recently I noticed 25% of them run by "foreigners" these days, can't see that lasting much longer.

I rarely go to beer bars so i dont know. Eventually the Bkk beer bars will disappear because the streetscape is constantly being modernised with boutique shops,sushi bars ,condos and malls. There was a huge bar cluster at soi 10 Suk... but MP Chuwit didnt like it so he got his army mates to bulldoze the joint in one night. The last time i bothered to go through Patpong most of the beer bars were gone or quiet.

Beer bars will eventually disappear in pattaya as well. The Thais who made their fortune out of supplying girls in pattaya will find better uses for the realestate. The course of time changes everything.

Clinton Plaza ? Washingtoin Square? All gone .

Yes but Chuwit is about to get his just payback finally

AS THE Supreme Court was set to rule on the case of a notorious raid in which roadside beer bars were razed in downtown Bangkok in January 2003, former MP Chuwit Kamolvisit showed up yesterday outside the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court carrying a plastic bowl with toiletries.

This gesture wasn't meant as a mockery, because he was prepared for the worst - even being jailed, the Rak Thailand Party leader said.

However, the Supreme Court postponed delivering its verdict to October 15 on grounds that only 39 defendants were present.

Four defendants, including Major Thanyathep Thammathorn, a former military officer at the 11th Infantry Battalion, did not provide sound reasons for not showing up, so the court issued arrest warrants for them.

The Court of Appeals had sentenced Chuwit and 65 accomplices to five years in jail over the pre-dawn raid, in which dozens of men using backhoes forced bar owners out of the 10-rai (1.6-hectare) "Sukhumvit Square" on Sukhumvit Soi 10.

At the time of the raid, Chuwit was a massage-parlour tycoon and an executive at Sukhumvit Silver Star.

The Court of Appeals upheld the lower court's ruling to acquit the 64 other defendants.

Initially, the Criminal Court acquitted most defendants in the case, including Chuwit, Lt-Colonel Himalai Phiewphan, who was a military officer attached to the Armed Forces Development in 2003, and Thanyathep in 2006. Only a lawyer, Chanwet Malaibucha, was given an eight-month jail term.

Edited by bartender100