what is getting to cozy or to close

opalred

went to a bar with the wife the other night for meal and quiet drink

a few young farangs came around and started talking

then started gathering around wife trying to kiss and cuddle her

with some bad talk

when i was younger i would have punched them out but retired and older now

i felt light hitting them over the head with a chair but wife said there was no problem

when you get older what do you do with these <deleted>

Nothing to do with the establishment;

plenty of bars sell great food. Shows

how disconnected some of you

seniors are from the modern world.

What's he supposed to do? Take his

young wife to a sleepy theme-pub

with other pensioners to watch

Crufts on the telly?

Part of the problem in the situation the

OP described was his wife. He might

not want to hear this but every woman

over the age of 16 knows how to shut

down unwanted attention. She was

enjoying it. That said, she thought it

was harmless fun and it probably was.

Maybe they thought she was just on a

date with an old guy so she was fair

game.

Don't be intimidated by them, just get up, calmly walk up to the biggest one toe-to-toe, look him dead in the eye and tell him slowly & clearly that this is your wife and if he wants some skirt, he has the whole country to choose from.

If he knocks you on your ass, not only will he look like a tw@ but you will get respect, if not from everyone around you then from your wife who will not see them as funny and harmless anymore.

You need to knock that <deleted> on the head ,if you don't she'll do it more and more and you'll be one of those Mugs who will be chasing her around like a lost puppy, The last thing you want is for her to lose respect for you. She may be doing it to "Test" you out. I don't play those games if I think someone is intentionally trying to upset me or disrespect me , I'll tend to hit back 10 times harder, Nip it in the bud, as they say and don't let people or your wife cross the line

game.

This

Any decent woman worth her salt would have had respect and consideration for her husband and told those guys to piss off the second they got out of hand.

How was the wife dressed? Might have something to do with it

I do see how a lot of these girls only know how to dress one way. They think sexy is fashion. The trouble is they end up looking no diffrent than working girls.....Im not advocating dressing frumpy just spending some money and dressing a bit up with quality halfway decent clothes.....regular jewelry not raw gold. quality make up and perfume......

Crufts on the telly?

game.

Not all bars attract the kind of farangs who think it's ok to crack on to any Thai female in the building, though.

One doesn't know the precise situation ? Are we dining in a bar at Pattaya say ? Was your wife a former bar girl , used to attention from lots of people ? It is possible that the young people fondling your wife in the bar had had a few drinks , thought your wife was a bar girl and wasted on an old codger . I have an elderly Australian friend who would have got up and punched them , but that is not the way in Thailand . Another time choose a decent restaurant for a meal .

Last time some ex-marine American would not shut up swearing in front of my wife,I dragged him into the gutter and hit him several times and he never came back to the bar we were in. If there had been any physical contact by him against my wife he would have been in a worse condition. But I was only 62 at the time.

Crufts on the telly?

game.

Clearly it was not harmless, the OP was getting annoyed.

But as you pointed out, the woman should have stopped it all dead.

Why do not we call it what it is, disrespect, from the people whom did this... Oh my how Thailand has changed over the years... Lots of comments, from many people, who were not there or saw what would happened. Sound like he took a wife to a place, to have some drinks , and eat. Sounds to me like the others went to the establishment to drink and not. You go figure....... giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

I have taken my younger wife to many bars in Pattaya over the years and never had this happen to me once. Although I am sure it does happen to some..

If they are sitting close to you then just get up and move tables. If they persist get up and go, and tell the management why. They are better suited with dealing with Hooligans then you are. They don't keep a Base Ball Bat behind the bar to play Soft Ball after work.

I can understand you not wanted to have your perfectly good night ruined by such BS. But having said that perhaps they worst thing you can do when this happens, is what you did. Which is Nothing! This is because it will bother you long after this incident and long after these Hooligans, and possibly your wife, forgot all about it.

So the next time this happens just get up and walk away. For the price of a meal you are not a coward for walking away from potential trouble. You are wise.

Crufts on the telly?

game.

"He might not want to hear this but every woman over the age of 16 knows how to shut down unwanted attention."

Which will come as a big surprise to all the women who are raped ... or are you saying they all really wanted it?

"Shows how disconnected some of you seniors are from the modern world."

Not everyone can see the world through the eyes of an experienced & omniscient 14 year old.

Edited by Suradit69

Last time some ex-marine American would not shut up swearing in front of my wife,I dragged him into the gutter and hit him several times and he never came back to the bar we were in. If there had been any physical contact by him against my wife he would have been in a worse condition. But I was only 62 at the time.

Looks to me like you are going to need another 30 years before you grow up and stop acting like a Teenager after a couple of drinks.

It was totally up to your missus to knock that on the head. By even buying into that rubbish she is only disrespecting you. I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "back in my day I just woulda knocked him out" I have only just turned 40 been involved in fighting sports my whole life and these days I would be very careful about starting shit particularly if you are older and outnumbered. Nobody should let themselves get walked over but with the advent of ring sports like the MMA the fight don't even start till your on the ground now. Forget the old days of having a dust up and defending your ladies honour and the fight stopping when someone gets knocked down. They don't call it ground and pound for no reason and that is if your lucky enough that his mates don't decide to jump in and give you a good kicking as well. Even if you are a really good fighter, as one poster suggested, you should be able to extricate yourself from those situations without resorting to having a blue. Street fights are no joke and you don't want to get towelled up in front of your missus because she didn't have the respect or decency to knock that shit on the head. IMO . I am not advocating being a soft cock but I would seriously consider picking your battles wisely.

... but with the advent of ring sports like the MMA the fight don't even start till your on the ground now. Forget the old days of having a dust up and defending your ladies honour and the fight stopping when someone gets knocked down. They don't call it ground and pound for no reason and that is if your lucky enough that his mates don't decide to jump in and give you a good kicking as well. ...

Too funny.

Thanks!

-moved to Things that Never Happened

Does it matter if the wife was or even still is "working" in a bar? Why does it matter what kind of clothing she had on? Why does it matter where this happened (even if it was Pattaya)?

The heart of the matter is that you simply do not start a conversation with any woman at anytime if she is already is in the company of another man. Not only is it rude to do such a thing it's direcly disrespectful.

you simply do not start a conversation with any woman at anytime if she is already is in the company of another man

did I just die and wake up in Saudi? if so, someone please put me back down again!

In all honesty, I think I know what you were trying to say (eg. "you don't intrude on what is obviously a couple unless invited"), but the version above had me seeing burqas laugh.png