what is getting to cozy or to close

opalred

Not all bars attract the kind of farangs who think it's ok to crack on to any Thai female in the building, though.

But we don't know where the OP

took her so it doesn't make sense

to automatically assume the

establishment was at fault.

How she handled it is at fault.

"He might not want to hear this but every woman over the age of 16 knows how to shut down unwanted attention."

Which will come as a big surprise to all the women who are raped ... or are you saying they all really wanted it?

"Shows how disconnected some of you seniors are from the modern world."

Not everyone can see the world through the eyes of an experienced & omniscient 14 year old.

How stupid does someone have

to be to equate a woman fighting

off a rapist with rejecting an

unwanted chat up line. Not

everyone has to see the world

through the eyes of an embalmed

relic either.

Nothing to do with the establishment;

plenty of bars sell great food. Shows

how disconnected some of you

seniors are from the modern world.

What's he supposed to do? Take his

young wife to a sleepy theme-pub

with other pensioners to watch

Crufts on the telly?

Part of the problem in the situation the

OP described was his wife. He might

not want to hear this but every woman

over the age of 16 knows how to shut

down unwanted attention. She was

enjoying it. That said, she thought it

was harmless fun and it probably was.

Maybe they thought she was just on a

date with an old guy so she was fair

game.

Clearly it was not harmless, the OP was getting annoyed.

The wife thought it was harmless.

The OP is just frustrated at how powerless he felt to deal with the situation in the way he felt a "real" man ought to.

Personally, I think he did the right thing keeping his mouth shut.

No point getting banged out defending the honour of a woman who doesn't respect you

Does it matter if the wife was or even still is "working" in a bar? Why does it matter what kind of clothing she had on? Why does it matter where this happened (even if it was Pattaya)?

The heart of the matter is that you simply do not start a conversation with any woman at anytime if she is already is in the company of another man. Not only is it rude to do such a thing it's direcly disrespectful.

Noble sentiments but what century are you living in? Even 10 years ago back in Oz when I was still with my Aussie missus, who was a good sort, I couldn't even go to the bar or dunny without some goose trying to do his best. In Thailand unfortunately many people that come here believe that ALL Thai women are readily available. Sad fact but true, particularly if she happens to be in a bar. Now I agree blokes shouldn't be hitting her up when she is with somebody else but it happens here and it happens a lot. Add to that the fact you have a lot of old age pensioners knocking around with girls young enough to be their granddaughters and again, incorrectly or not, many people think that there might only be a financial transaction involved. The heart of the matter really is that Thailand has a certain reputation and chances are this stuff could possibly happen if you are hanging around bar areas. The boys were out of order no doubt, but it doesn't sound like his missus was too quick to tell them to boot off and as I stated for an older guy you really want to pick your battles if you want to go into beast mode. No way in the world would my Thai missus cop someone touching her inappropriately or trying to kiss her at anytime regardless if I was with her or not.

you simply do not start a conversation with any woman at anytime if she is already is in the company of another man

did I just die and wake up in Saudi? if so, someone please put me back down again!

In all honesty, I think I know what you were trying to say (eg. "you don't intrude on what is obviously a couple unless invited"), but the version above had me seeing burqas laugh.png

Yes, much better wording.

Crufts on the telly?

game.

The OP is just frustrated at how powerless he felt to deal with the situation in the way he felt a "real" man ought to.

No point getting banged out defending the honour of a woman who doesn't respect you

Boom... nailed it

Crufts on the telly?

game.

To the OP: I wouldn't worry about that too much. If she really didn't respect you should would've left with the few young farangs.

Edited by JLCrab

I feel sorry for the gent this happened to.

Wouldn't blame the wife….some thai ladies are timid and would not want to create a scene where the husband gets bashed up.

The OP is not an aggressive fighting type so what can he do.

The dicks who started hitting on his wife are entirely to blame.

I think you did good by removing yourself from the situation….its not worth it to risk a costly hospital stay or worse just to assert your manhood.

These things can happen in most non 5 star places in thailand.

In Thailand unfortunately many people that come here believe that ALL Thai women are readily available.

It's just the ones in bars that usually are.

Only the bars in certain areas.

This coming from the bloke with a western missus. Never heard of Thai cupid or Thai friendly? You think only certain bars have available girls? What Thailand do you live in? Cant get Thai girls that work in Central or Lotus or 7/11 or that drink in the best nightclubs or lobbys/lounges of the best 5 star hotels?? Your miles out of your depth on this one mate and as you have zero experience in the caper I am really unsure on what basis you could have any input on the subject to be honest.