thinking about a move to CR

stevehaigh

I really don’t get the need on the part of some to dredge up old news headlines to try and discredit a lovely place like Chiang Rai. I can only guess that being able to point to something bad makes some people feel superior and more knowledgeable. Chances are, however, we also know about those things but have found ways to deal with them and don’t let them dictate the quality of our lives

We live in a lovely natural environment, not a concrete box, so nature is going to have her way from time to time. Some days it may get a bit hot or cold, it may rain too much or too little, we may even get a little fire and smoke part of the year. Earthquakes are relatively small and infrequent with only localized damage, for the most part, so I wouldn’t let that get in the way of living here.
As that commercial says, we need Mother Nature, she doesn’t need us, so it is best to just get on with living life before our time is up, in my opinion.

I have been listening to the lament of old-timers for 40 years now. I have always felt that right now is the best time and place to be. I am not old enough to turn nostalgic yet.

Don't even think about it, nostalgia isn't like it used to be anyway

• 1 month later...

Archived