Honeymoon on Sep-Oct

nimo

Hi,
We are planning an honeymoon on the 7.9-13.10.15
We want a trip with relaxations and beaches and with some trips and attractions

From what I've read so far, the climate on these months is rainy so
we should plan our route carefully and be dynamic.
can you help us plan a nice route that would take into consideration the climate?
Tnx!

Cha am district is one of the driest places in Thailand, pissing down evreywhere else but not a drop there...about 2 hours South of Bangkok, cheap accomodation etc. Beach is clean but water not crystal clear. Plenty of day trips and local attractions which a lot are free. Google it for more info.

Unfortunately, that's a very rainy time of the year. Not the best place to be if you want time on the beach. That being said, it doesn't tend to rain all day. Just in spurts. But there can be several downpours a day. Making your time on the sand a bit chaotic.

I've read Samui and the associated islands are a good place to be. Phuket gets hit pretty hard. With that being said, we're getting very little rain this year. Of course, that could change in a heartbeat. Also, around Phuket, many places shut down on the smaller and more isolated beaches/islands. Water transport might be shut down...or dangerous.

Cha am is OK, but IMHO, not one of the better beaches. It's OK, but packed with Thais from Bangkok on the weekends. Chock a block with traffic to match.

I'd love to hear from others, but if it's beach time you want, Samui and surrounds might be your best bet. Forget Koh Chang. It's one of the wettest places in Thailand.

From your post it sounds like you don't want the full secluded honeymoon experience but instead want to take a few day trips and see some stuff. Koh Samui fits pretty well into that. I can recommend the villas at Banyan Tree, Four Seasons or the Conrad. You won't be dissapointed. Service is top notch.

The weather will the be least of your problems. Sept 29 to Oct 10 will be Chinese Golden Week. Thailand with will be packed to the rafters with Chinese tourists.

Ugh. I made the mistake of visiting the Grand Palace during Chinese New Year. What an absolute mess. Never again. Thanks for the heads up! I'll avoid the major tourist spots at this time....

Cha am district is one of the driest places in Thailand, pissing down evreywhere else but not a drop there...about 2 hours South of Bangkok, cheap accomodation etc. Beach is clean but water not crystal clear. Plenty of day trips and local attractions which a lot are free. Google it for more info.

Good call. Could also go onto Hua Hin

Has nice beach and good music. If you didn't want day trips I would head to koh Samed. Very romantic and chilled. Nice beaches.

Hi. It would be the number 1 for me, Koh Chang. Without a doubt not as wet as some say, when it rains it comes in spurts you may get 5 mins rain at a time or 1 big down pour but it is nice under a cover on the beach or on the balcony of your hotel facing the sea.

I used to go Samui during September and the weather was almost always really nice. No guarantees now but that's what I remember. And it wasn't so crowded like other times of the year. Always stayed at Samui Yacht Club and enjoyed the location and bungalows...easy to go to Lamai for the beach during the day and to Chaweng for the nightlife.

Give Vietnam a look see - Dalat is a favorite place for Marraiges/Honey Mooners, stay in the Former Prsidential Castle - then go to the east coast Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet, Danang, Hue - very interesting part of SE Asia and totally Tourist Friendly.

Your in luck use the rain to your advantage after all it is a honeymoon. Trade up to a luxury room order in with room service and then settle down and explore each other. Its amazing how little couples know about each other. We give a lot of thought to other things in life but when it comes to a life partner our eyes glaze over and our heart beats faster and big head thinking goes out the window. Divorce rates are staggering as are the settlements involved especially after you have worked hard to build up a nest egg. Rather than getting soaked you can watch the rain on TV. Its funny I was talking to a friend the other day and the way he explain love to me was rather frightening. He said the first year they could not keep their hands off each other by the second year they started to find fault with each other by the third year the doorway was not wide enough to accommodate 2 people trying to squeeze through with their luggage at the same time.

Edited by elgordo38

Beaches with trips and attractions are not the norm in Thailand. It's either the one or the other. For trips and attractions Chiang Mai is by far the best, but there's no beach. Sept/Oct weather wise is warm, not too hot, some showers expected.

I'll let you into a little unknown secret, for a beach setting that is unspoilt, Google Khanom, it's an idyllic paradise on the mainland opposite Koh Samui. It's a real honeymoon setting anywhere along beach road. A short trip to Donsak ferry would take you across to the more lively island. Sept/Oct weather wise is warmer than CM (usually) with short afternoon storms.

Rain is not your biggest problem, sun-stroke and humidity is, so umbrellas and head covering needed, plus sun-block.

Anyway, have a great time and enjoy.

When it comes to rain, Koh Samui is – as craigt3365 mentioned it in post #3 – fairly safe in September, in average the 5th driest month; the monsoon hit the islands from mid October till end of December.

You can find relaxing beaches on Samui and neighboring Koh Phangan, but bear in mind Chaweng Beach is a party area for mainly youngsters and can seem noisy, if you are in for a quiet place. On Koh Phangan you can find very relaxing Bounty-style beaches up north, Thong Nai Pan Lek and Thong Nai Pan Yai, whilst Haad Rin at south is party-zone (the Full Moon Party beach, 27th September). If you decide to move between more than one location, you can find a lot of pleasure at Samui and Phangan; with both trips, attractions and party.

Wish you great honeymoon. smile.png

Start with the North,....and go slowly down to the beaches.....

If you start with the beaches you don't want to go anywhere ells anymore.....!

In The North you have, Chiang Mai, Pai, Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Mae Sariang, Sukhothai,.....In the South, Cha Am, (avoid Hua Hin) Pran Buri (Beach side not the town), Koh Samui, Krabi, Koh Lanta,......and so many nice places to discover in between all those.......

Finaly, it's up to you ! .. if you know how to travel this will be the time of your life....if you don't know how to travel it could be the worse time of your life....

Avoid the tourist traps, if it's to good to be true it probably IS !!!

Years ago I met a couple on honeymoon, the just spend all there money on precious stones. The seller assured them they could sell the stones for ten times the value in there country...!

Also years ago, I met a other couple on honeymoon, the guy fell in love with a bar girl and just left he's newly wed wife...... !!

Enjoy,.....and learn......

Best regards....

Beaches with trips and attractions are not the norm in Thailand. It's either the one or the other. For trips and attractions Chiang Mai is by far the best, but there's no beach. Sept/Oct weather wise is warm, not too hot, some showers expected.

The Canyon Hang Dong

post-233622-0-59881500-1440841504_thumb.

Ob Kahn

post-233622-0-69698400-1440841618_thumb.

Huay Tung Tao

post-233622-0-34466700-1440841727_thumb.

That's 3 beaches in CM

25Km North, Mae Ngat, can't get more romantic than this,

post-233622-0-18769100-1440842064_thumb.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Give Vietnam a look see - Dalat is a favorite place for Marraiges/Honey Mooners, stay in the Former Prsidential Castle - then go to the east coast Mui Ne, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet, Danang, Hue - very interesting part of SE Asia and totally Tourist Friendly.

Personally I would either avoid or spend limited time in Mui Ne and Nha Trang unless you like being surrounded by Russian tourists. Both are major Russian tourist destinations, but of course the ruble has fallen off the cliff so maybe not so many now. But both are still overdeveloped since I first went there in 2004 IMO.

I prefer Phan Rang and Quy Nhon for my beach holidays in Vietnam. Both have very few foreign tourists and are still visited mostly by Vietnamese. The areas surrounding both are stunning and full of history and nice people.

If you head to Vietnam, I think one of the most romantic places you can visit is Hoi An. It is a fabulous UNESCO site with great food, friendly people, history, beaches, etc. A little bit touristy but worth your time for sure I think.

Well, I think we all miss the point...Its your honymon an so when its raining stay inside....simple. now lots of areas spring to mind....Kamala in phuket on the beach is good Khao Lak good too but my favorite is La Madriqiue (excuse spelling) in Koh Chang only 2 rooms but over seas.... french theme so food is fantastic. Oh hope you have a good life together.

OP “nimo” is especially concerned about rain, so just for comparison, average rainfall in month of September / October:

Koh Samui: 116.8mm / 290.2mm

Hua Hin: 120.4mm / 246.2mm

Chiang Mai Province: 211.4mm / 117.6mm

Bangkok: 334.3mm / 292.1mm

Phuket province: 361.2mm / 320.1mm

thumbsup.gif

Tnx all for the replays:

OP “nimo” is especially concerned about rain, so just for comparison, average rainfall in month of September / October:
Koh Samui: 116.8mm / 290.2mm
Hua Hin: 120.4mm / 246.2mm
Chiang Mai Province: 211.4mm / 117.6mm
Bangkok: 334.3mm / 292.1mm
Phuket province: 361.2mm / 320.1mm
thumbsup.gif

I am concerned about the rain.

so from what I've got so far I plan to avoid the west side(Phuket) completely, I'm going to start with the east Islands or with Hua Hin area then on October I'm going up to the north (Chang Mai), I might try to flight to Vietnam for 7-10 days in the end of september before the north.

sounds good? any other suggestions?

Hi,

We are planning an honeymoon on the 7.9-13.10.15

We want a trip with relaxations and beaches and with some trips and attractions

From what I've read so far, the climate on these months is rainy so

we should plan our route carefully and be dynamic.

can you help us plan a nice route that would take into consideration the climate?

Tnx!

Wouldn't the honeymoon mean you stay in your room a lot & out of the rain?

Id go phi phi & islands

Diving, beaches & romance

Ah those were the days, now it's DIY, dinners & sleeping!

All the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk