Thai wife wants divorce after 5 months

On 8/29/2015 at 6:33 PM, konying said:

What did he buy? I did not see he said he bought anything

Didn’t you read it ???  Said he bought her every stupid thing she wants,  and built her a shop.     Sounds like she a money grabber and when money gone, she want out.. 

He better off without her !!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better.

I've always found relationships are at their best some time during the first 10 bedroom encounters.

After that it's a slippery slope and only the speed of the slide differs.

14 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I've always found relationships are at their best some time during the first 10 bedroom encounters.

After that it's a slippery slope and only the speed of the slide differs.

It varies alot from one to another. Some of us have been very fortunate in life, to attract a great partner. I have been with my wife for over 12 years. Every day with her is a joy. She is the most well adjusted, joyful, happy, positive, loving person I have ever known. I know for a fact, I could never have found a woman like that in the US. No way. After all this time, it is hardly about the sex, though that is a component. It is more about wonderful companionship, and being with someone who always has my back. That is an amazing feeling. 

As I have said before - For the men out there who are trying to find their way, in this rather complicated arena, always remember one thing. Take your time. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are issues, they are going to reveal themselves over time. 2 years minimum, before you commit large sums of cash, or commit to marriage. And that is two years, full time! Be like Bond. Do as Bond would do. Be a man. Man up. Now is the time to show who you are. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 10:43 PM, surangw said:

maybe take a lesson from her previous 3 husbands

My only former wife cut down almost all of my garden trees with help of a  Thai man when I was sound asleep, throw in a snake and centerlines, worms  and a lot creepy insects when was sleeping but karma got her first

On 8/29/2015 at 6:22 PM, willyumiii said:

Only 5 months?

You are a lucky man.

Get out now....it will cost you much than getting out later.

Why did you "buy" when it is so cheap just to rent one?

Exactly, theres one Born every minute, and one arriving every Hour into Swampy, very sad.

On 8/29/2015 at 7:53 PM, steven100 said:

I don't think anyone of these TV bar stool judges are registered practicing lawyers .....

I think it's best if you actually talk to a professional and not a forum website ... clap2.gif

Genius ! how long did it take you to think that up.

On 18/02/2018 at 7:43 PM, james1995 said:

Comeon guys.  Tired of hearing the gold digger stories.  Me and my Thai wife have been married for nearly a decade and no divorce / haven't been murdered by the "brother" / etc..

Same here 

message sent from the other side by wiji board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2015 at 7:50 PM, lovelomsak said:

If she wamts a divorce without your ok she needs a valiid reason. If you are ok with it and have nothing to dispute just go to Amphur and sign papers and you are divorced. My first marriage lasted 4 months. I wanted out so bad I told the guy at amphur I bought nothing during the marriage when I actually bought her a house and car. But I just wanted out.

how on earth did you want to get married,mr Rockefeller? (NO offense intended) you probably can afford to lose house and car, but thousands can not...........I personally knew a brit (27) who, after a year of nagging and demanding, wanted to kill himself,he couldn't take the marriage anymore........thank God he didn't....great guy....went back to Britain....BROKE!!

• 2 weeks later...

5 months not long Either the lust from wife wore off or she found a bigger cash cow.  Most likely the second one. 3 things that contribute to Thai ladies finding other men 1- mobile phone 2 Internet on Mobile phone 3 Thai ladies knowing how to use Mobile to contact people. It gives them so much opportunity to talk t other men without husband knowing about it

On 9/2/2015 at 10:59 PM, georgemandm said:

You not have a Brian you have no idea about me I not stupid like you and put all my money in to thailand I have a Brian you need to get one I never ever get Thais out of the bars like you

I've got a brother called Brian.

On 5/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, hgma said:

how on earth did you want to get married,mr Rockefeller? (NO offense intended) you probably can afford to lose house and car, but thousands can not...........I personally knew a brit (27) who, after a year of nagging and demanding, wanted to kill himself,he couldn't take the marriage anymore........thank God he didn't....great guy....went back to Britain....BROKE!!

He would not have been the first and he won't be the last.

I know one Englishman who's gone back home penniless, gone back to work and saved up and done it all again. He's now on his third matrimonial contract with yet a third Thai woman. Those who know him claim he's very partial to wedding cake!

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

He would not have been the first and he won't be the last.

I know one Englishman who's gone back home penniless, gone back to work and saved up and done it all again. He's now on his third matrimonial contract with yet a third Thai woman. Those who know him claim he's very partial to wedding cake!

lol good one yogi

No problem. She has brought you honor, and done you a massive favor, by revealing who she is so quickly. Get out. Get out now. Just leave the house, and never look back. Give her 10,000 baht for some food and so she can get a room somewhere. Divorce her immediately, and if she resists, just walk away. You have no obligations to her. If she is on any of your bank accounts, as a joint signatory, clean out those accounts before you make any moves. Leave her absolutely powerless. She deserves that.

How long did you know her, before you got married?

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

On 10/31/2016 at 11:36 AM, YeahSiam said:

Very true but it seems the OP would've got a better deal if he had.

At least he could have walked away without legal fees.

Divorcing after 5 months?

What is it with many farang men? Can't they spot a chiseler?

Especially after a lifetime of associating with farang women!!

22 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No problem. She has brought you honor, and done you a massive favor, by revealing who she is so quickly. Get out. Get out now. Just leave the house, and never look back. Give her 10,000 baht for some food and so she can get a room somewhere. Divorce her immediately, and if she resists, just walk away. You have no obligations to her. If she is on any of your bank accounts, as a joint signatory, clean out those accounts before you make any moves. Leave her absolutely powerless. She deserves that.

How long did you know her, before you got married?

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

Great pep talk Mike. You think he will listen and take your advice But you are right. My wife knows when i say no it means no. If they don't accept I usually hop in the car disappear for a while. When I come back they are happy to see me and all is sweet and not dare ask that question again.

5 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Great pep talk Mike. You think he will listen and take your advice But you are right. My wife knows when i say no it means no. If they don't accept I usually hop in the car disappear for a while. When I come back they are happy to see me and all is sweet and not dare ask that question again.

My wife knows when i say no it means no.????

That is priceless, should have said, when i say no my wife puts on the charm and says i want you now, and i go like a lost lamb.??

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

My wife knows when i say no it means no.????

That is priceless, should have said, when i say no my wife puts on the charm and says i want you now, and i go like a lost lamb.??

Col I am very strong when it comes to that. If you are not firm these Thai ladies think they can walk all over you. Then I guess any woman thinks that don't necessarily have to be Thai.

20 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Col I am very strong when it comes to that. If you are not firm these Thai ladies think they can walk all over you. Then I guess any woman thinks that don't necessarily have to be Thai.

Why don't you believe me Col about the strong part?:cheesy:

On 5/26/2018 at 10:37 AM, spidermike007 said:

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or The bottom line is this.

I disagree,

Relationships are never better than the first 10 bedroom encounters, after that the bedroom visits become less frequent, and the relationship slides downhill. Only the angle of the slide varies.

Archived