Three million baht cash reward paid

webfact

I thought the suspect was arrested after tip off from local

residents,they are not going to be happy.

regards Worgeordie

precisely and it would have been the police reporting this very same thing to the press. seems the police did not have the foresight to provide the revised story initially. quite possible the reward money will never be seen by anyone as that was the idea all along, sort of like a bluff in playing cards. would be zero surprise especially in light of the 32 million dollars of tsunami aid that disappeared in police hands.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ransom of THB 3m will go to the Police investigators. Dooooh - Just can't take anymore. This country is like Disneyland after Dark x100.

That like having a private company making public lucky draw and let the company management win the first price.

What about the manager of the apartment where the suspect was living and who reported this to the police to investigators? Now he loses rent from 4 rooms and have no compensation.

He will properly never be helpful to the authorities again.

it may also be nearly impossible to find thai renters given their beliefs in superstition, ghosts, etc etc

I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???

At the very LEAST, they should have waited until all this was done and dusted before giving out the money to their own police force. I am really struggling to find the logic behind this.

And as stated in previous posts, the landlord should have been the person to get the money.

Im almost at a loss for words!

..."Loss of words?"...Let me give a little help: "Thainess"...wai2.gif

and members on this site really do wonder why the RTP come in for so much stick and criticism ?

I guess I might be one of the offenders, and I still criticize most of the criticism and criticizers. It's unfortunate that they get payed squat and really don't have much incentive to go above and beyond the status quo for anything and risk criticism from their peers as opposed to the goody two-shoe farangs

I'm sure though most here have the moral character that they'd say no thanks, I don't deserve a bonus for just doing my job. Ya right.

No wonder respect is going out the door backwards. One wants to give them credit for doing a good job but this is going overboard. I thought I read that it would be paid out for information leading to the apprehension of those responsible, not to police for doing their job. If they want help in the future, they won't get it, the people will just tell them to go and whistle Dixie.

They make one arrest and hopefully more but just saying, given the stuff ups in the past, what happens if this turns into one. Oh I know, what reward, don't know anything about it, we just got paid a bonus. So they make one arrest, issue some warrants and get paid even before anyone else has been captured, let alone fronted a court or be convicted. It's not the 1st April is it?

I cannot BELIEVE this. Why on earth would you reward the police for DOING THEIR JOB???

At the very LEAST, they should have waited until all this was done and dusted before giving out the money to their own police force. I am really struggling to find the logic behind this.

And as stated in previous posts, the landlord should have been the person to get the money.

Im almost at a loss for words!

I agree with you 1 mill% how can you pay police for doing their job but this stupid thailand

I find that to be somewhat rather hasty. At the moment, this guy is still ONLY a suspect. Nothing has been proven. He has not been convicted - although the police seem to be dead sure he's the one. Wouldn't it be a bit awkward if in the end, the reward money was paid and the court found out this suspect was not guilty?

You can't beat bribing your own workforce to do a bit now and then.

Great work.

Who decided the arrested are guilty? If so it is only to make himself look good and the next bribe amount will be increased so somebody else pay's for it anyway.

This story was even picked up by the News in Australia -

http://www.news.com.au/world/thai-police-grab-3-million-baht-reward-offered-to-public-for-arrest-over-bangkok-shrine-bomb-attack/story-fndir2ev-1227506627876

To add insult to injury there is even a picture of Somyot holding up the 3Million baht just is case you thought they were joking. thumbsup.gif

Unbelievable. What a wrought. The police were doing the job they are paid to do, however inadequate that pay may be. A reward only goes to persons outside of the police force whose information leads to the arrest of persons responsible for the crime. This sets a very bad precedent where no police will even attempt to solve a crime until a substantial reward is offered. As for the police chief paying 1 million from his own pocket I'm rolling around laughing, he is obviously guarenteed of paying nothing, it goes back to his department. All rewards offered must surely be from the police department, not any individuals. If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious how they keep putting their foot in it and making themselves laughing stocks not only in their own country but in the rest of the world.

Which reward money is this. Reads as though the Police chief and friends put this money up. Original reward money still on offer?

Q1. Answer: The money comes from the RTP head honchos and those with a personal interest.

Which of course, were accumulated during arduous years in service via the MO of extending favours when sought, disposing of evidence when necessary, extortion, bribes, gifts, token of appreciations...and etc. by 'FRIENDS'.

Q2. Answer: Too much money must have already changed hands thus, hard to tell if it is still there or if it ever was there...lol.

Cheers

This story was even picked up by the News in Australia -

http://www.news.com.au/world/thai-police-grab-3-million-baht-reward-offered-to-public-for-arrest-over-bangkok-shrine-bomb-attack/story-fndir2ev-1227506627876

To add insult to injury there is even a picture of Somyot holding up the 3Million baht just is case you thought they were joking. thumbsup.gif

You beat me to it just about to post it