Thai Profanity - Chicken Dance

streboris

A few months back my missus was sulking and I was laughing at her saying 'aah rum mai dee, aah rum mai dee' and I nudged her and she jumped up flapping her arms and swearing in thai... and she looked and sounded like a chicken.

I'm interested to know what she said. I asked her at the time and she told me it wasn't anything bad. So I said it in front of her friends and they said I must not say it, but wouldn't say what it meant....

Was something like 'Boq borp'

Anyone know what I mean?

Just dawned on me what she was probably saying….

อารมร์ไม่ดี (aarohm mai dii) - I'm in a bad mood.

Boq sounds like the verb บอก bawk (to say, to tell). Can't decipher meaning of second word borp.

Edited by Gecko123

บอกว่าพอ or บอกพอ. You were getting on her nerves and she told you "enough" or "that's enough". Words to that effect. When someone is getting on my nerves and I ask them to stop, but they don't, I will raise my voice, look at them in a pissed off manner and say the same thing "bawk por" or "bawk por laew".

บอกว่าพอ or บอกพอ. You were getting on her nerves and she told you "enough" or "that's enough". Words to that effect. When someone is getting on my nerves and I ask them to stop, but they don't, I will raise my voice, look at them in a pissed off manner and say the same thing "bawk por" or "bawk por laew".

a very reasonable response.

I know I was getting on her nerves. ;-)

Thing is now, that's not so bad so I don't understand why she and her friends would say I must never say it... and why she would rather I believe it means 'fck you'

or is the intent the same as me saying in English 'will you fck off doing that' or 'shut the fck up!' ?

Edited by streboris

None of the suggestions so far sounds like something a Thai would say.

With such vague description from OP, it could be anything and he probably heard it wrong, so it may even be something which sounded not quite like "boq borp".

บอกว่าพอ or บอกพอ, nope, doesn't sound plausible for me.

nor does บ้าบอ