TV from TCL brand, is it good?

CLW

Why don't you put some video movies in avi , mp4, mkv, wmv format on a thumdrive and go to Macro or other Homepro and ask the salesperson to plug it in the USB port of the TLC television?

With Samsung no problem but with TLC I am not sure

Why don't you put some video movies in avi , mp4, mkv, wmv format on a thumdrive and go to Macro or other Homepro and ask the salesperson to plug it in the USB port of the TLC television?

With Samsung no problem but with TLC I am not sure

That's a good idea! Didn't worry much about the playback capabilities. But who knows....

Worried more about the quality of the LCD panel / picture quality of this particular brand

TCL TV's are sold in the US in discount stores, usually under the old Sylvania, Westinghouse and RCA brands. I think if you shop around you can find promotions for higher quality LG, Sharp and Toshiba models at nearly the same price at Big-C, Tesco and Power Buy/Power Mall.

Several posters in another thread mentioned some very good buys at Lazada.com.

We had a TCL 32" as our original downstairs telly. After a year and a day the power supply died (gekko ingress). New PSU cost nearly 1/2 the cost of a new telly :(

A year on the PSU died again (no gekko this time), this time the quote was 1000 Baht less than a new TCL TV.

It got replaced by a Sharp 32" with built in digital tuner (we now have 3 of the same model).

In short, no issues with the TCL TV itself, but if it does fail you're likely going to be in replace rather than repair mode.