Alternative to Thailand for medical matters.

loppylugs1

Heart ,hip,prostate...capital of the world as for all these procedures. Anyway apart from being two hours away I'd add this one,the seasoned medical tourist seems to admire,the Danish woman stated earlier ended up in this one to complete her recovery This is the favourite,another hour added to journey,but got one hell of a good reputation and £100 cheaper(£500) than the £600 quoted in Calcutta and £5000 cheaper than quoted in Thailand for prostate

KLES just on Goa border,about 3 hours from airport ,(they send limo to collect) but get those glasses another poster was complain g about at 30.000 baht,get them near there for less than two thousand baht (Danguish).. replacement knee plus prostate saving £11.000 having it done in India over Thailand

Near neighbour was going under the knife here in Pattaya for hernia at 200,000 baht,rang that hospital in Calcutta and quoted 60.000 baht, guess where he is going now probably cheaper at KLES,anyway give the surgeons a ring can call them direct on listed numbers.

Interesting note,few weeks ago I did inquire at the supposed no1 ranking for Thai hospitals in medical tourism,its a bluff, Thailand counts the hospital visits or enquirers as a statistic,not so India,the operation is counted as the statistic

About 4 or 5 different air routes for Goa,holiday season almost on them anyway ,best wait until March or so Im going in January,but I know my way around there slightly.

Radiance Imaging suite Donna Paula ,just outside Panjim Goa capital for MRIs ,independent or in house.Prescription medicine a slight fraction in price over Thailand too. Like Topsy the medical bills here keep rising,so do the insurance premiums

whilst there get Indian smart phone,a notch or two down from Apple but a quarter of the price,likewise shirts made to measure and get a shave from a roadside barber about 30 cents US nothing like it

Ill be writing to a few hospitals there to advertise their wares over in Thailand,even on this site even,a few flyers left in BHP left in reception might raise a few eyebrows too,get the medical mafia startled

post-208811-0-86388500-1444881582_thumb.

Edited by loppylugs1

loppylugs1 , since you seem to know a lot about India health services , can you give us a few websites that might have prices and top notch hospitals ?

and is there a city with cheap airfare from Thailand that is not as crazy at New Delhi or Mumbai ,

thanks

East side of India (cheapest to get to) Chennai,or Calcutta, look for hospitals,the state ones are good,as I stated earlier look for a GP give him a few bucks for advice that you want good service without buying the hospital it will be in the region of one tenth at least of Thailand's prices.

Other side KLES or Visionmultispeciality, Goa just go ,can call using Skype,but better if you walk in Just Google clinics/hospitals in whatever city you want air Asia do some good deals in monsoon season there

Want that up the ass test too,bowel cancer, took 3 lumps out last time,doc said as I drifted off two for the price of one,did the two (down the throat) for around $50 both,hope it went down the throat first

I believe India to be cheaper than Thailand but "at least ten times cheaper" I think is a bit of a stretch.... :)

loppylugs1 , since you seem to know a lot about India health services , can you give us a few websites that might have prices and top notch hospitals ?

and is there a city with cheap airfare from Thailand that is not as crazy at New Delhi or Mumbai ,

thanks

East side of India (cheapest to get to) Chennai,or Calcutta, look for hospitals,the state ones are good,as I stated earlier look for a GP give him a few bucks for advice that you want good service without buying the hospital it will be in the region of one tenth at least of Thailand's prices.

Other side KLES or Visionmultispeciality, Goa just go ,can call using Skype,but better if you walk in Just Google clinics/hospitals in whatever city you want air Asia do some good deals in monsoon season there

Want that up the ass test too,bowel cancer, took 3 lumps out last time,doc said as I drifted off two for the price of one,did the two (down the throat) for around $50 both,hope it went down the throat first

I believe India to be cheaper than Thailand but "at least ten times cheaper" I think is a bit of a stretch.... smile.png

Get a quote or two,you already know the Indian quote,get one especially from the BH chain,could be one fifteenth

thanks

I believe India to be cheaper than Thailand but "at least ten times cheaper" I think is a bit of a stretch.... smile.png

Get a quote or two,you already know the Indian quote,get one especially from the BH chain,could be one fifteenth

Are you comparing sure you are comparing like with like? Govt to govt, private th private etc

I've been to Thai govt hospitals that were ridiculously cheap as well as those that are ridiculously expensive and some in between..... Although sometimes flying to India wouldn't have been an option anyway in the case of emergencies

Are you comparing sure you are comparing like with like? Govt to govt, private th private etc

I've been to Thai govt hospitals that were ridiculously cheap as well as those that are ridiculously expensive and some in between..... Although sometimes flying to India wouldn't have been an option anyway in the case of emergencies

" near neighbour was going under the knife here in Pattaya for hernia at 200,000 baht,rang that hospital in Calcutta and quoted 60.000 baht, guess where he is going now probably cheaper at KLES,anyway give the surgeons a ring can call them direct on listed numbers."

Should read 60,000 rupees,not baht... about £600 #31

Here are options,and Ive not included cheap govt.Thai hospitals.Cheap Thai hospitals to farangs generally where surgery was concerned would be "no can" Already dealt with incapacitation

Ive seen some of the prices banded around here for cataracts too here in Thailand the prices are in orbit compared to India,try Visionmultispeciality,Mapusa Goa

Edited by loppylugs1