Police to announce arrest of 'Bangkok bomber'

webfact

BREAKING: Police to Announce Arrest of 'Bangkok Bomber'

By Khaosod English

14410948421441094937l.jpg

CCTV photos of alleged Bangkok bomber at the Erawan Shrine.

BANGKOK — Police will soon announce the arrest of the “yellow shirted man,” the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month, according to a reporter from the Bangkok Post.

In a message posted to Twitter, Wassana Nanuam said the arrest happened in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia, citing Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha as her source.

According to Wassana, Gen. Prayuth said the suspect is a foreigner.

Meanwhile TNN news reports that a televised adress will be given by police spokesman Prawuth Tharownsiri at 3:30pm.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441094842

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2015-09-01

great, now I want a finger pointing photo please

I reckon that this is Nomsod in a yellow T shirt. biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having read all the fanciful and the not so fanciful theories from every private eye in this thread I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe he is a just a Chinese tourist with a legitimate passport on his way to Pattaya to go to the Floating Market and check out Soi 8. Not every Chinese tourist has to come to Thailand in group led by a flag waving leader. So what has he got in his bag apart from his undies and a spare shirt. Does he have a yellow shirt with writing on it. He doesn't even look like the man it is supposed to be and the whole process looks too relaxed. The authorities have produced nothing in the way of evidence that he is the bomber. All they say is that they have "got him" and that "he is the man". Where have we heard that before.

Are you serious? This must be some sarcasm. So we have this guy, somehow getting bounced in Cambodia (there are variations in the reports), being pushed back into Thailand and arrested. Does that sound like a normal Chinese tourist? I think not!

The man was detained around noon trying to cross into Cambodia from the Thai countryside, away from towns or roads. Quoted from many news articles on the net.

Who saw him crossing and captured him? Why was he transfered by helicopter to Bangkok so quickly? Was he on a wanted list? I suspect he must have had something to connect him to the other suspects arrested recently.

Now turns out this guy was actually arrested in Cambodia on Monday

and only handed over at border today

So where does this put those crawlers who are congratulating the RTP. Looks like the congrats have to go to the Cambodians.
There is one paper that says that they heard from a source that the guy was sent back from Cambodia. That is The BP indeed. All other Thai papers (including Cambodian) and the RTP and army say he was caught in Thailand.

CNN said he was caught in Thailand.

Having read all the fanciful and the not so fanciful theories from every private eye in this thread I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe he is a just a Chinese tourist with a legitimate passport on his way to Pattaya to go to the Floating Market and check out Soi 8. Not every Chinese tourist has to come to Thailand in group led by a flag waving leader. So what has he got in his bag apart from his undies and a spare shirt. Does he have a yellow shirt with writing on it. He doesn't even look like the man it is supposed to be and the whole process looks too relaxed. The authorities have produced nothing in the way of evidence that he is the bomber. All they say is that they have "got him" and that "he is the man". Where have we heard that before.

Here is one version:

"Soldiers spotted the man while patrolling near the border in Aranyaprathet. He was walking alone through the brush in Ban Dong Ngu village of Pa Rai sub-district headed toward Cambodia. "

Well yeah, "I was just on my way to the Floating Market in Pattaya", right?

What is the true story behind the report of this Chinese citizen having to bribe immigration officials to gain entry to Thailand ?

Chinese citizens are entitled to a 15 day tourism visa-on-arrival.

Right or wrong ?

I think that was the guy in the apartment (with a fake Turkey passport), not the guy the got today.

OK. I didn't realise that. So, the immigration people recognised it as a fake Turkish document ?

If so, he's unlikely to be anything to do with the bombing gang. Those sorts of people are usually too smart to take a risk with obviously dodgy documents.

Turkish citizens with a valid passport (or a 1st class fake!) can have a 30 day tourism visa-on-arrival, so what was this guy's motive for trying it on with a dodgy document?

Notwithstanding the headline of this thread proclaiming this guy IS the Erawan bomber, the transcript of the police spokesman's televised announcement around dinner time today has Thavornsiri claiming the arrested guy is a key member of the bombing network, but pointedly stopping short of claiming he's the actual Erawan bomber.

So it would seem, we've kind of got the PM saying one thing, and the police spokesman going in a different direction -- at least for now.

Kind of similar to the initial reports about the original arrest over the weekend, the very initial reports suggesting they had THE bomber, and later backing off to just say they had one of the group.

What is the true story behind the report of this Chinese citizen having to bribe immigration officials to gain entry to Thailand ?

Right or wrong ?

I think that was the guy in the apartment (with a fake Turkey passport), not the guy the got today.

OK. I didn't realise that. So, the immigration people recognised it as a fake Turkish document ?

If so, he's unlikely to be anything to do with the bombing gang. Those sorts of people are usually too smart to take a risk with obviously dodgy documents.

Turkish citizens with a valid passport (or a 1st class fake!) can have a 30 day tourism visa-on-arrival, so what was this guy's motive for trying it on with a dodgy document?

To be honest they (the suspects) don't strike me as the brightest shining stars in the sky. Like the guy they got today, walking through the jungle:

"Soldiers spotted the man while patrolling near the border in Aranyaprathet. He was walking alone through the brush in Ban Dong Ngu village of Pa Rai sub-district headed toward Cambodia. "

All our resident TVF experts had predicted he'd be out of Thailand right after the bombing. Why did the guy in the apartments still have bomb-making equipment?

My take is that they aren't very smart!

Right or wrong ?

To be honest they (the suspects) don't strike me as the brightest shining stars in the sky. Like the guy they got today, walking through the jungle:

All our resident TVF experts had predicted he'd be out of Thailand right after the bombing. Why did the guy in the apartments still have bomb-making equipment?

Coz they reckoned either the cops were two dumb to find them, they didn't care or they thought some group somewhere was looking out for them inside the bureaucracy.

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

No, not always. For a few hours they were saying he was the bomber; even Reuters reported then as saying he "matched the description of a man who left a bag at the site of a Bangkok blast that killed 20 people nearly two weeks ago."

This new guy was carrying a Chinese passport - lends weight to the Uighur theory...

attachicon.gifCNzemFJVAAAHr0J.jpg

His passport is from Xinjiang , also known as the 'Xinjiang-Uyghur Autonomous Region'

From Wiki -

Demographics • Ethnic

composition

Languages

and dialects

ISO 3166 code CN-65

But of course - he could have been walking to Pattaya and a little bit lost ,,,,

Edited by zaZa9

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy...

attachicon.gifCNzdNPjVAAA9X_F.jpg

Thailands most wanted man why is he not in handcuffs?

My thoughts also...Why no handcuffs????

Maybe ankle cuffs.

But even if unrestrained don't think he can outrun bullets.

Definitely a shoddy operation. Theory is that the blue shirt guy at the pier was on his way to plant the bomb at Asiatique, but got stuck in the traffic and got there late (as you do). Obviously there was no conginency plan for that, and with the bomb at Erawan already gone off, he had to abort and desperately ditch the second bomb in the river. Presumably that bomb wasn't detonated but went off accidentally.

Both bombers managed to get caught in the act on camera - you would think they would have surveyed where the cameras are to avoid that.

Now there's this guy scrambing about conspicuously near the border (in broad daylight?).

Bunch of amateurs.