Return to Australia, will i be able to use my Thai sim card still?

fitnesspm

If you are in Oz for a visit, when you come out of arrivals (at Sydney airport anyway) there are a few phone companies . Look for Lebara ,although i would not recommend it over the others and get a free sim and drop a few dollars into the account. I use them a lot as their calls to back to Thailand are about 1 cent per minute - probably cheaper than roaming. You will of course have a different phone number which may not be what you want .

Edited by xen

Depend whether you insist on using your True number in Oz or not. If so then as others say, you need to get roaming enabled before you leave Thailand.

Roaming will cost you far more than buying a local Oz SIM and replacing your True one with it. Just depends how vital maintaining your Thai number is to you.

It will "work" - if "work" means working your bank account, as well as the phone.

Something I would do ...

Use the True sim in a dual sim-card phone, together with a cheap aussie one, such as already mentioned. If someone in Thailand calls me on True, I could see who's calling and then call them back using the AU sim.

Save a fortune.

I am with AIS, and have been for 6 years, I have duel sim card phone.my wife texts me on that because it's cheaper than Telstra and she gives me 30 or 40 days so my time does not expire.and I just top up with 200 baht.every 3 or 4 months.. I just turn off data and it's been fine.