Bangkok blast: Arrested man 'may be bomber'

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is the bomber. Seems a very big IF to me.

Hair shorter and not as thick (possibly could have been cut)

Sunglasses versus prescription glasses (could be contact lenses)

BUT... the build is certainly slighter and he is taller.

I am confused about one thing. The Bangkok Post reported that the Cambodian government arrested him inside Cambodia and turned him over to the Thai police at the border. While the Thai police only say they arrested him at the border crossing. So which is true? Some how I see this guy made it pass Thai immigrations into Cambodia and now they are trying to save face and not mention him being in Cambodia.

Right , according to BK Post, and other media, he was arrested by the Cambodians walking 500 metres away from the border attempting to go to Phnom Phen.

He was handed over to Thai authorities at the border and arrested then flown by helicopter to BK.

Both Cambodian and Thai authoriteis worked together after he slipped through the border into Cambodia, hence transfer of immigration officials.

Does this mean that the reward should be reallocated???

From this guys side profile and the CCTV footage I have seen I would bet he is the bomber and I think they got the guy who placed the bomb.

Whether Thai authority like it or not this was a terrorist attack, Uighurs revenge these are a people smuggling gang with Turkish connections.

I would bet you that the Thai women- (Miss innocent goodie goodie two shoes) ,wanted! and who is in Turkey knows more than she is letting on,and the weak excuse that her husband can not come back because of work commitments is suspect in itself, My money is on her husband being part of this gang.

I would bet that it is Uighurs and grey wolf as they are related and were present at the Thai embassy protest in Turkey.

My money is on a positive ID by the Taxi drivers, however I would retract that if wrong.

Wait and see, more will be revealed in the coming hours.

Right , according to BK Post, and other media, he was arrested by the Cambodians walking 500 metres away from the border attempting to go to Phnom Phen.

He was handed over to Thai authorities at the border and arrested then flown by helicopter to BK.

Both Cambodian and Thai authoriteis worked together after he slipped through the border into Cambodia, hence transfer of immigration officials.

According to this just release story in the Phnom Penh Post, the Cambodian police official’s version of events, corroborated by a Thai police source quoted by the Bangkok Post, he was actually arrested at Phnom Penh airport while trying to depart for Turkey. This contradicts the official narrative of the Thai authorities – including statements by Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha.

The immigration officials were transferred because the first guy arrested claimed to have bribed them 18,000 baht to let him enter Thailand with his false passport.

It's disgusting to see that the police need some incentive like a multimillion reward just to make them do their job.

That's their daily routine. No tea money = no interest in doing their job.

So did Thaksin cough up the reward money he promised?

I am confused about one thing. The Bangkok Post reported that the Cambodian government arrested him inside Cambodia and turned him over to the Thai police at the border. While the Thai police only say they arrested him at the border crossing. So which is true? Some how I see this guy made it pass Thai immigrations into Cambodia and now they are trying to save face and not mention him being in Cambodia.

From this guys side profile and the CCTV footage I have seen I would bet he is the bomber and I think they got the guy who placed the bomb.

Whether Thai authority like it or not this was a terrorist attack, Uighurs revenge these are a people smuggling gang with Turkish connections.

I would bet you that the Thai women- (Miss innocent goodie goodie two shoes) ,wanted! and who is in Turkey knows more than she is letting on,and the weak excuse that her husband can not come back because of work commitments is suspect in itself, My money is on her husband being part of this gang.

I would bet that it is Uighurs and grey wolf as they are related and were present at the Thai embassy protest in Turkey.

My money is on a positive ID by the Taxi drivers, however I would retract that if wrong.

Except didn't the woman offer to come back to Thailand to clear her name? If she was in any way guilty she would not. Even if innocent she would surely hesitate knowing she could be stitched up. Brave woman may risk getting her fingernails ripped out with pliers.......with some help from TV members

They flew from Poipet, to Bangkok? facepalm.gif

You think the police or army doesn't have helicopters?

I also thought they had all crashed ... Ups, no that was "only" 5 helicopters :

July 2011 : 3 (three) helicopters down in 8 (eight) days, 17 killed

Nov 2014 : Helicopter down, 9 killed

April 2015 : Helicopter down, 3 injured

Damn helicopters, brakes failed ...

According to this just release story in the Phnom Penh Post, the Cambodian police official’s version of events, corroborated by a Thai police source quoted by the Bangkok Post, he was actually arrested at Phnom Penh airport while trying to depart for Turkey. This contradicts the official narrative of the Thai authorities – including statements by Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha.

The immigration officials were transferred because the first guy arrested claimed to have bribed them 18,000 baht to let him enter Thailand with his false passport.

Lots of mincie pies being told here by authority, so he probably was arrested in Cambodia but where actually ? airport sounds more plausible now after viewing his luggage that police proudly took selfies of, maybe they have shared some reward with cambodia and it's hush hush, and they are waiting to catch the second bomber suposed to be in cambodia according to your link

The plot thickenswai2.gif

The only sensible and realistic post in the thread!

Those medias tell stories that can catch attentions but we don't know until they can prove that this arrested man is the bomber.

If this man is the bomber, I am amazed that he is still in Thailand. I would not stay in Thailand if I were him. I would rather leave the country immediately after the bombing. Good luck Thailand.

Last time it was that 'Thais aren't capable of killing Thais in such horrific ways' (despite that Thais regularly threw grenades into crowds of people, fellow Thais, last time out on the streets!!).. this time it's 'The suspect arrested for the bombing 'may be the bomber'.. mmm... isn't that why they arrested him in the first place? Some of these soundbites they put out there to appease and assure the general public, must clearly be said without any aforethought whatsover!!.. or perhaps they're just used to 'reassuring' folks who actually need this sort of patronising treatment.. worse, that they simply disrespect their own people - and basically everyone else!! - assuming us all as actually capable of understanding, even remembering, absolutely nothing without it being spelled-out and 'spoon-fed' to us by the all-wise and clever 'powers that bewai.gif

'The suspect arrested for the bombing 'may be the bomber'.. mmm... thanks for that, but isn't that why they arrested him in the first place? And why is the case itself 'controversial'? There WAS a bomb. Someone DID plant it and detonate it, and many, many people WERE killed or maimed. Now someone NEEDS to be caught, and if case proved, brought to justice. Anything else, given as throwaway quotes, are just irrelevant soundbites!... wai.gif

I don't believe the Thai police have any jurisdiction in Cambodia, but then again maybe they were in hot pursuit and never lost sight of the suspect.

Edited by silent

I read in the other paper that the police chief has offered to pay for the women suspect's flight ticket from Turkey, after she said she would return but needed a ticket.

Lets see If she accepts the offer.smile.png

You would think she'd be promptly 'assisted' to the airport also.......

According to AP the fingerprints of the arrested guy they got match what they found on the bomb making equipment.

They didn't say which of the 2 guys.

So now let's have the usual "it's planted bla bla".

Edited by pmugghc

I read in the other paper that the police chief has offered to pay for the women suspect's flight ticket from Turkey, after she said she would return but needed a ticket.

Lets see If she accepts the offer.smile.png

Good of him. Mind you he has got 3 million to play with!

There's nothing quite like a good ole TV lynch mob to hand out justice is there?

Can there really be anyone who believes that the RTP managed to earn their reward and catch two of those actually involved with the bombing? Or is it more likely they "stumbled" literally onto an unrelated gang smuggling people through Thailand?

Are any of the photos of bomb making equipment shown by RTP legit?

Can we believe that the bomber conveniently kept his phone that he used on CCTV at Erawan shrine so police could confirm it was the one used?

At what point are statements of "fact" by the RTP enough for you all to have already convicted these two guys?

There's nothing quite like a good ole TV lynch mob to hand out justice is there?

Can there really be anyone who believes that the RTP managed to earn their reward and catch two of those actually involved with the bombing? Or is it more likely they "stumbled" literally onto an unrelated gang smuggling people through Thailand?

Are any of the photos of bomb making equipment shown by RTP legit?

Can we believe that the bomber conveniently kept his phone that he used on CCTV at Erawan shrine so police could confirm it was the one used?

At what point are statements of "fact" by the RTP enough for you all to have already convicted these two guys?

They aren't, but that won't stop the ignorant hang 'em high brigade, who are everything wrong with this world.

Thai authorities can't share the reward if the Cambodians got him, silly!

Oh no not another round of monetary rewards for the RTPF. Love the gotta look on the Major Generals face in the picture. He is already savoring the promotion and raise he envisions. Maybe these guys are aliens as nobody wants to lay claim to them. Each and every day this whole thing seems to take a turn towards the unknown. The trials should be interesting. The way this whole thing is playing out Thaksin may never have to pay out his promised reward.

Edited by elgordo38

About 3 months ago at the same shrine in Bangkok where the bombing occurred, there were 8 men seen using electronic equipment apparently trying to trace cell phone usage at it near the main Thai police HQ's that is located adjacent to that shrine. The eight were detained by the Thai military and were Israeli IDF soldiers in plain clothes. There was very little discussion about this in any news, and later they were sent back to Israel quickly. Turkey and Israel are very close and many Israeli's occupy high positions in the Turkisk government. The USA embassy denied any connection. Strange