Yamaha MT-03

oval

10 hours ago, macknife said:

The MT 03 isn't made in Japan.

i think Cynical was trying to say that when the tax dropped in 2017 then there will be a lot of other bikes (such as the MT07) that will good value compared to the current price of the MT03. Though of course, the tax drop is 5.45% not 55.4% so that isn't gonna happen.

8 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

i think Cynical was trying to say that when the tax dropped in 2017 then there will be a lot of other bikes (such as the MT07) that will good value compared to the current price of the MT03. Though of course, the tax drop is 5.45% not 55.4% so that isn't gonna happen.

I only know this because while I was taking a rider training course at Honda, one of the financial mangers there told me to wait until 2017 because all the bikes imported from Japan will drop in price dramatically

15 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Yes my bad, but I don't think we will see Japanese imported bikes anytime soon, at least for a cheap price.

8 hours ago, macknife said:

Yes my bad, but I don't think we will see Japanese imported bikes anytime soon, at least for a cheap price.

This doesn't make sense. I got a Japanese imported bike and 399,000 is not too expensive. Compared to Europe it is only a little bit more expensive.

On 3/8/2016 at 4:40 PM, Cynical said:

I only know this because while I was taking a rider training course at Honda, one of the financial mangers there told me to wait until 2017 because all the bikes imported from Japan will drop in price dramatically

Yes...I heard that everybody will have diary Quetteao Soup free for 3 months Today know we match perfectly The nickname Tin Tong Farangs...55555

On 8/4/2016 at 7:45 AM, bramds said:

And the MT-03 is built in Indonesia, not Japan.

Again, he was talking about other bikes that could see a good reduction in price, that could then tempt those interested in the 03 series. Not the 03 series itself. 

• 11 months later...

I agree with what TaichiPlanet said..... it will be surprising if the dealers pass on the savings.  It would be good to see but somehow I doubt it will materialize. 

Would love to see the MT-07 in the new year lineup.  Honda really needs to up its end game.  The did well with the Africa Twin and to a lesser degree the CRF250 Rally but I feel the rest of their line up is lacking some uuumph.

Yamaha and Kawasaki seem to be outpacing them in that regard.  The PCX is starting to look its age (old) style wise and the Forza is more like a pregnant PCX (IMHO).  I also prefer the look/style of the new Kawasakis and Yamahas.