Man arrested at border is involved in two bombings in Bangkok

webfact

Police: Fingerprints of second suspect match those on bomb-making materials

BANGKOK, 2 September 2015 (NNT) - According to the Royal Thai Police, fingerprints found on bomb-making materials match the fingerprints of the second Ratchaprasong suspect who was arrested on Tuesday while trying to cross the border in Sa Kaeo’s Aranyaprathet.

Spokesperson of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Col Winthai Suvaree said the recent NCPO meeting had agreed to provide additional compensation to victims of the deadly Ratchaprasong explosion that killed 20 and injured scores of people. He added that Prime Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office M.L. Panadda Diskul would be presiding over the compensation-presenting ceremony.

In addition to that, a sum of money under the “Together We Can” campaign initiated by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) will be given to families of the deceased and the injured.

In the meantime, Police Spokesman Pol Gen Prawut Thavornsiri disclosed that fingerprints of a foreign man arrested at Thailand's border with Cambodia matched those found on a bottle containing bomb-making materials.

The bottle was among many items seized during a Saturday raid of an apartment in Nong Chok District of Bangkok where another suspect was arrested as part of the investigation into the deadly bombing at Erawan Shrine.

At this initial stage of the investigation, Pol Gen Prawut refused to confirm the nationalities of the two suspects, but said believed both of them had been using forged documents.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-02 footer_n.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not quite sure that the police would get any reward money. That offer was for turning information over to police that would lead to an arrest and conviction. The reward simply does not have to be paid now. I suppose some folks thought the police were only doing these arrests to collect a reward for doing their jobs...which is ridiculous. Even with no reward..the same outcome.

I would not be surprised if the police received many phone calls with new information, leading to these arrests, from reward seekers. Might possibly have panned out for someone..but I am quite sure it would be kept quiet...and that there would have to be actual convictions.

Edited by slipperylobster

Doubt if anyone really gives a toss what one of TV's miserable Scooby Doo gang thinks. Good job coppers

I personally would like every "fact" verified by an independent foreign body, until then I will take all these "facts" with a pinch of salt.

Well, you seem to care enough to reply.

After looking at the artist,s sketch of the actual bomber against the photograph of the suspected bomber captured at the border in today,s Bangkok Post front page, I find the likeness absolutely amazing smile.png Having personally witnessed Thai interrogation techniques I do believe much more information will be forthcoming, and hope that the suspect is closely guarded at all times lest he be eliminated by the higher-ups.

Edited by phantomfiddler

So he says that the suspect arrested at the border "resembled the yellow shirted bomb suspect"? I don't think so, the face was very different, I would say that in that case the first suspect looked more like yellow shirt

I'm no facial recognition expert, but I see a similarity:

attachicon.gifBangkok-338972.jpg

Yeah, it could be....but this is an indetikit, so it could be thousands of other people too.

If I was associated with a bombing, I would have cut my hair by now...shaven head. Even if this guy never sees the news, simple common sense would be to change his appearance IF he was one of the people in public planting a bomb.

With 200 passports, I still think these Uighurs are people smugglers, not bombers. They are two very diverse occupations.

Have Uighurs ever done bombings in China? Self-immolation is more their style of protest, isn't it?

So he says that the suspect arrested at the border "resembled the yellow shirted bomb suspect"? I don't think so, the face was very different, I would say that in that case the first suspect looked more like yellow shirt

Apparently you changed your mind since you (and your buddy green job) ridiculed the post (with passport photo) stating a resemblance yesterday? Oh, I get it, "similarity" not "resemblance"....now a nose, eyes and ears is enough? ..brilliant clap2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852712-police-to-announce-arrest-of-bangkok-bomber/?p=9804087

Police say suspect speaks Turkish

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's national deputy police chief, Chakthip Chaijinda, says the suspect arrested at the border speaks Turkish, which requires a translator.

He did not say whether a translator has been brought in or if the Turkish Embassy has been approached.

Speculation has grown that the suspect might be part of a group seeking to avenge Thailand's forced repatriation of ethnic Uighurs to China in July. Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Monday linked the two theories, suggesting the bombers might have been involved in smuggling Uighurs out of China.

Uighurs (pronounced WEE-gurs) are related to Turks, and Turkey is home to a large Uighur community. The Erawan shrine is especially popular with Chinese tourists, feeding the idea that it could be a target for people who believe the Uighurs are oppressed by China's government.

aplogo.jpg

-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-02

I'm sure they can find a doner kebab stall operator who understands almost no Thai to do the translating of his confession, while torturing and beating the @#*! out of him.

Edited by zaphod reborn

Sooooo..... I'm confused. Is this the guy who was arrested by Thai police near the border, or is the guy the Cambodian police arrested at the PP airport?

This is the man arrested at phnom phen airport, also he was apparently wanted by China.

After his arrest he was beamed over to Sa kaet then re-arrested .

Phnom Phet Press is worth reading today.

This is even more confusing.

blink.png

The Thai government yesterday announced that the man believed to be the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of Bangkok’s Erawan shrine had been arrested in Thailand’s Sa Kaeo province, though well-placed officials in both Cambodia and Thailand said that the man was actually arrested at Phnom Penh International Airport.

The Cambodian police official’s version of events, corroborated by a Thai police source quoted by the Bangkok Post, contradicts the official narrative of the Thai authorities – including statements by Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha – and has been denied by a Cambodian official.

A member of the Thai police investigative team also told the Bangkok Post the suspect was arrested at Phnom Penh airport while trying to depart for Turkey. A Cambodian police spokesman yesterday denied this, while several other officials denied earlier reports that Thailand had requested Cambodia’s assistance to find two suspects who had fled across the border.

and so on...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/bangkok-bombing-suspect-arrested

Edited by alocacoc

Sooooo..... I'm confused. Is this the guy who was arrested by Thai police near the border, or is the guy the Cambodian police arrested at the PP airport?

Gift of ubiquity

Nice word .....ubiquity.... ever since I have learned to read, I have studied a word every Day from the Dictionary, Haven"t got to the letter U yet.

Slainte

Strange, no footage of the two other bomb found on the site ?... but perfect filming on the backpack being deposited. Real luck I would say, to capture that on film with no people in front

Exactly,, and as I said,, no "real" reporting of it from the Thai side of things we're getting,,, The construction, materials, and again,, most like finger prints?... Why have they been so quite about this???

It looks to me that the Thai/Chinese decision to return the Uighurs to China rather than sending them on to Turkey was the correct one. Obviously they were connected to terrorist groups that are now showing there displeasure. In the future Thailand should send back all Uighurs found in Thailand on principle alone. It looks to me as if they are terrorists, or family of terrorists.

Enough with political correctness. Using Thailand and Malaysia as transit points to get to Turkey and join Isis must be stopped. Not sure how easy it is to forge Turkish passports but Thailand should look closely at visa restrictions on Turkish passports if they do not have the latest anti-counterfeiting measures. Just my opinion. coffee1.gif

"Latest forensic examination conducted on this man showed that his finger prints matched the fingers that forensic police discovered from inside the rented room at Poon Anant apartment in Nong Chok district."

The mind boggles!

Apparently you changed your mind since you (and your buddy green job) ridiculed the post (with passport photo) stating a resemblance yesterday? Oh, I get it, "similarity" not "resemblance"....now a nose, eyes and ears is enough? ..brilliant clap2.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/852712-police-to-announce-arrest-of-bangkok-bomber/?p=9804087

Yes, it was brilliant; but no, TV Einstein... I waited until I had a full view of the face than a guy covered with a hat and dark glasses before I started squawking like rubber ducky

Bring back inspector Clouseau!

Surely no need for this. Whenever a crime occured here in Thailand heaps of Clouseaus appear instantly in the virtual social networks and swamp them with their astounding "wisdom". Of course this includes also this forum.

Wadda ya reckon, Messieurs? The baguette died under unnatural circumstances but else...?

Just give it a break with your conclusions and just let the competent parties do their jobs, dudes. whistling.gif

When are the competent parties arriving? Did they finally ask another country for help?

I might have missed something, he's wanted in China for something else, that is, before the bombing?

Just google Phnom Phen Press and read about arrest claimed to be made by Cambodian police at airport.

Says he was wanted in China, apparently Cambodia did not want to peev China off and Thailand wanted this guy bad.

So a bit of miss-information being spread around here by Thai authorities.

My money is on the cambodians arresting him and handing back at the Sa Kaet border.

He is more than likely an Uighur his Chinese passport states he comes from the Uighur area of China.

As for motive to bombing , Uighurs peeved off about being deported and some executed by Chinese.

Part A, a message to China about that.

Part B a message to Thailand about that

This can be blamed on both, Chinese for executing Uighurs and Thailand for deporting them, however Thai police don,t want to admit this neither do Chinese want to claim any responsibility.

I would like to know if this guy arrested at the border who's name is Yussuf is the same Yussuf who had been held by Cambodian authorities and deported to China in 2009 illegally.

Sooner or later the Nationalities will surface and the Uighur picture will be very clear as will be the Turkish connection with Uighurs and people trafficking through the port of Sa Kaet.

Thai police transferred from this port for letting Uighurs through into Thailand on bogus paperwork.

Perhaps Cambodia doesn't want to upset its buddy China. He is a Chinese citizen if the passport is correct. So a "convenient" solution for Cambodia and Thailand is to just ship him over, then claim he wasn't in Cambodia.

This is the man arrested at phnom phen airport, also he was apparently wanted by China.

After his arrest he was beamed over to Sa kaet then re-arrested .

Phnom Phet Press is worth reading today.

This is even more confusing.

blink.png

The Thai government yesterday announced that the man believed to be the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of Bangkok’s Erawan shrine had been arrested in Thailand’s Sa Kaeo province, though well-placed officials in both Cambodia and Thailand said that the man was actually arrested at Phnom Penh International Airport.

The Cambodian police official’s version of events, corroborated by a Thai police source quoted by the Bangkok Post, contradicts the official narrative of the Thai authorities – including statements by Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha – and has been denied by a Cambodian official.

A member of the Thai police investigative team also told the Bangkok Post the suspect was arrested at Phnom Penh airport while trying to depart for Turkey. A Cambodian police spokesman yesterday denied this, while several other officials denied earlier reports that Thailand had requested Cambodia’s assistance to find two suspects who had fled across the border.

and so on...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/bangkok-bombing-suspect-arrested

So his finger prints were found inside the apartment which held the material. That does not automatically confirm that he is the one who planted the IED. I think they need a bit more than what they have revealed to state that he is the one who planted the bomb.

Edited by gandalf12

Bring back inspector Clouseau!

Surely no need for this. Whenever a crime occured here in Thailand heaps of Clouseaus appear instantly in the virtual social networks and swamp them with their astounding "wisdom". Of course this includes also this forum.

Wadda ya reckon, Messieurs? The baguette died under unnatural circumstances but else...?

Just give it a break with your conclusions and just let the competent parties do their jobs, dudes. whistling.gif

Competent parties - trying for the joke of the week by the sounds of that comment.