Example of Oz State Dec for Income verification pls

Just tryng to get some infor for a friend who is going the income verification stat dec route for a retirement visa ( I am a bank balance guy so out of my depth).

Consular staff were not clear to him so in filling out the stat dec besides names, dob, passport, and Thai address type stuff as I gather they do not want to commit/advise contents and thereby give rise to an expectancy that Thai Immigration will waltz that wording through every time:

For example should he simply indicate that he is in receipt of penison in excess of minimum monthly requirement or the exact figure received with a reference to value in Baht based on prevailing exchange rate?

Do you need to confirm that you are actually retired?

Do you need to advise the source of the funds (I ask this as he has just turned 50 and this is the first visa attempt and although 50 is the minimum it is generally not the norm for retirement just to head of any issues Thai Immigration may have).

IS "more" better than "less" on the basis that volume equals substance or should you go the small target route and provide the very basics in a few lines..

I have seen sample "letters: for US cases but not sample Stat Dec for Oz cases.

Can anybody point me or pm me wording for Oz citizens for a Stat Dec that has been generally accepted by Thai immigration please.

Really need the Oz Stat Dec type example not other nationality/ letter wording.

Thanks.

In making a Statutory Declaration/Affidavit the person is bound , by law , to state the truth.

I realize that !!!!!!!!!

But what information is required for example do you state exactly hw much you receive or state that you receive more that 65000 Baht per month, do you state the source of funds, .do you state in Oz Dollars and convert or the Baht figure on the day, do you state gross or net......

What I want to know is what is the best TRUE (if that helps you) wording to satisfy Thai Immigration.....

Sorry I cannot answer that question ............I have no idea what the "best True" is .

If it helps I obtain a statement of income from my Embassy every year by stating the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Immigration have the right to demand evidence which will support what is stated in a statutory declaration.

It does not help. You are not Oz. You do not complete a Stat Dec. You are unable to comprehend what is being asked. You are however a master of the bleeding obvious with your unhelpful irrelevent replies. Please get your post count up elsewhere.

I will await informed and relevant replies.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

The reason Embassy staff are reluctant to give advice, apart from the basic name and address

stuff, is because if there is a problem, the person in question can then try and blame the embassy

for giving them what they perceive to be incorrect advice. Bottom line is they (Embassy) can do without the grief.

IMO, best is less.

The one's I've witnessed basically just said "I earn xx xx (dollars or Baht) per month". Net or gross

is up to the individual as long as if asked for bank statements they can meet the financial requirements.

Some people mention the source, others don't, I'm not sure that it makes a great deal of difference

as Immigration can always ask for more.

Saying you're retired, again is up to the person but IMO has no relevence.

OP. I was going down this path year or two back. I was at AU consulate in bkk on another matter. Took opportunity and asked about what proof I should bring with me when I come back and make stat dec. The reply.....its a STAT DEC we don't need to see anything. It is legally binding.

Since that time, while that is still the case.....Thai immigration may and possibly will ask for some back up docs. In my opinion they should.

This is not directed at you but the stat DEC needs to be honest and most of it supported by paperwork for the application to Thai immigration.

I would just state what my sources of income are. Very bluntly. In my case it would have been super stream and several rental statements from various properties. I also intended to bring along my last tax return to back up these facts.

Note this is INCOME PATH. Some people, me included have super fund. This is not regarded as income even though for some it can be accessed at any time.

Income steam is seen by SOME as a way around financial requirements. It aint

1. State the amount of income in the currency in which you receive it.

2. You do not need confirmation that you are actually retired.

3. You do not need to state the source of your income on the Statutory Declaration but you are free to do so.

4. If you have only one source of income, state the full amount of as it appears on the document evidencing the income. If you have more than one source, you are free to state an amount of income that is the total of only some of these sources, as long as this total equals or exceeds the regulatory requirement.

• Like 1