Directions/access Via Bang Na-trat Road

lomatopo

I've actually driven past there as recently as 2 weeks ago. I didn't pay that much attention so was wondering if that entrance is open to the public currently, and are you allowed to go all the way to the main terminal building?

Do you go north on King Kao Road or take the next left after that?

Reference map

I was hoping someone here had actually gone to the airport recently via that route.

I've actually driven past there as recently as 2 weeks ago. I didn't pay that much attention so was wondering if that entrance is open to the public currently, and are you allowed to go all the way to the main terminal building?

Do you go north on King Kao Road or take the next left after that?

Reference map

I was hoping someone here had actually gone to the airport recently via that route.

You can get there from King Kao, but that road is often full of large trucks. The next exit is the main airport exit. It is called the Suvarnabhumi airport exit so really is hard to miss. If you are playing golf at Thana city, this is also the exit you would take.

At the weekend I entered from the main airport entrance (north entrance) as explained above, and I left by the Bangna-Trat (south Entrance to the airport) about 15 kms away. To do that is worth while, as the 2-lane highway winds its way around the east and south perimeter of the runways (you can in theory park on the road, at the end of the runway, and re-enact that scene from “Wayne’s World” but with the planes taking off right above your head) and you get fantastic uninterrupted views of the runways and terminal along the 6 km straight highway [Thai’s might like to avoid this road as ‘spirits’ have been reported along this road and there have been lots of car crashes (drivers gawking at the new airport most likely)].

It was very well signposted on the way to the airport and around the airport.

All in all, very impressed with what I saw and I think we will all be raving about it in time.

PS. For anybody, like myself, who will be using the Bangna-Trat (South Entrance to the airport) to go to the airport:

1. Drive past Central Bang-Na / BITEC on the Bangna-Trat Highway in the direction of Chonburi / Pattaya. Pass the Outer Ring road (East). Pass KingKaew Road. At about Km 15 follow the signs on to the frontage road (in front of Thana City) and there’s a two lane highway in to the airport passing along the east perimeter of the runways (allow 15 -20 minutes from Bangna-Trat highway to airport terminal such is the size of the airport complex), or,

2. Drive past Central Bang-Na / BITEC on the elevated highway above the Bangna-Trat Highway in the direction of Chonburi / Pattaya. Here’s a tip - You are best to exit at the exit one kilometre past the elevated toll way at KM 7 in front of The Nation Building, go down on to the frontage road, pass Tesco Lotus and get in to the Bangna-Trat Highway in the direction of Chonburi / Pattaya. And as above, pass the Outer Ring road (East). Pass KingKaew Road. At about Km 15 follow the signs on to the frontage road in front of Thana City and there’s a two lane highway in to the airport along the around the east perimeter of the runways. Note that the road signs on the elevated highway will take you off at the next exit past the exit I mention at KM 7, at KingKaew Road, but if you follow the signs as intended you will get stuck in the KingKaew Road and regret it!

The Bangna-Trat entrance has been open for use for a long long time people, its also sure to be used as a short cut for locals from one side of the airport to the other.