French tourist arrested at Phuket money exchange with fake Euro bank notes

webfact

Yeah, and what if he is just telling the truth? His being charged with a crime he did not commit and the BiB just could not care less about contacting the branch he got the money from for further investigation.

I would sue the clothes off their back if I was him......that's if he is innocent !!

What do you mean, 'charged with a crime he did not commit'.

Did it ever crossed your mind that just maybe he did by mistake got fake money from the bank like he said and is just a ordinary person. It happened to me once...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and what if he is just telling the truth? His being charged with a crime he did not commit and the BiB just could not care less about contacting the branch he got the money from for further investigation.

I would sue the clothes off their back if I was him......that's if he is innocent !!

What do you mean, 'charged with a crime he did not commit'.

Did it ever crossed your mind that just maybe he did by mistake got fake money from the bank like he said and is just a ordinary person. It happened to me once...

Multiple notes? Doubtful, but I'm not ruling it out, like I said earlier.

But that does not answer the question. Let's go more basic first: what crime is he being charged with? And if he got the fake money from a bank, where was that bank located?

His excuse could be real i mean he only had 5 notes ,!!!! This could be you one day.There are many fakes out there only recently i was told to be alert with USD 5$ 10$, and in thailand recently there was an alert for 100 baht notes all you need is a lazy bank teller and that could be what your withdrawing from a local ATM.

His excuse could be real i mean he only had 5 notes ,!!!! This could be you one day.There are many fakes out there only recently i was told to be alert with USD 5$ 10$, and in thailand recently there was an alert for 100 baht notes all you need is a lazy bank teller and that could be what your withdrawing from a local ATM.

If his excuse is real why not just tell the police which bank he used in France to withdraw the money from? Very simple really. I would even phone the bank if I was innocent. I would say there's a pretty good chance he knew they were fake.

No way hé got them From bank

Nevers saw an atm handling 100 € bills

Where does it say he got them from an ATM ?

"withdrew from a Bank" he might have marched up to the teller ?

But then, I have my doubts........................

Well,..look at it this way, If he was passing on counterfeit bank notes knowingly, this is the only explanation that could be believed and would make sense. !

A friend of me was offered counterfeit Euro bank notes at 50 % of it's nominal value by a Taxi driver in Europe once and this was the explanation the taxi driver said to give to the police if caught ? and never have more than one bill in possession...at the place to exchange it.....having more than one bill would make the excuse less believable....!

Best regards.

His body language says it all, arms crossed and the slanted look away = Guilty, they have me bangs to right and the I drawn them from a French bank chestnut BS aint gonna make any differance - I am in the Doo Doo!

Also if you gonna pass of fake notes you drip feed them as he was attempting to do not walk around with bundles of duds on you. Lower denominations normally 20s in UK and passed off by hand in markets - where there is no Ultra Violet checks etc. 100 percent he was at it and now collered

The worrying thing about this is that his explanation is possible...

Can it be guaranteed the the money we withdraw from an ATM (either in Thailand or Overseas) is 100% real 100% of the time?

I carry about $1000 (10x$100 bills - kept separately from my Wallet) with me when I travel as additional security against lost wallet etc

Obviously I've checked them visually, and while I believe they are real, I can never be 100% certain.

Having done similar for many years all over the world, I suggest you also carry 5 or so $20 bills for greater flexibility in case of a money emergency.

The worrying thing about this is that his explanation is possible...

Can it be guaranteed the the money we withdraw from an ATM (either in Thailand or Overseas) is 100% real 100% of the time?

I carry about $1000 (10x$100 bills - kept separately from my Wallet) with me when I travel as additional security against lost wallet etc

Obviously I've checked them visually, and while I believe they are real, I can never be 100% certain.

Having done similar for many years all over the world, I suggest you also carry 5 or so $20 bills for greater flexibility in case of a money emergency.

Yes - Thats also covered... (with $100 in $5's $10's and $20's) - Good advice though.