Chanthaburi advising

Piifo

Hello,

My Thai girlfriend and I wish to move from Pattaya. We have been together for a year and a half here, and we have been looking about all around Thailand for a place for normal people to stay without result. As I like to stay not to far from the sea and her family is from Sa kaeo, and we are visiting them quite often, Chantaburi seems like a good compromise for me. We won't live in sakaeo for some reasons. We want to stay far from the farang crowds as we are just a normal couple, I think some of you can understand that. I had an inheritance and live from it (1500 euros per month), I am 30, she is 23. I start to be able to speak my mind in Thai as she didn't speak a word of english when we met.

We are heading to Chantaburi after tomorrow for a quick 3 days look.

My questions are,

What neighborhoods should we look at as we don't want to be too far from a local market with a budget of 5000B per month unfurnished (house if possible).

Are there in Chantaburi any beer bars? They make we sick.

Will I have to come back to Pattaya to buy sometimes some farang food ( Potatoes , cheese, olives, italian ham for exemple) ?

Is Chantaburi safe ? I mean, as I would be one of the rare falang there would it be wise to look for a condo with security guard, or a normal detached house would fit ?

Any extra piece of advice welcome.

• 1 year later...

Archived