Drink Drive campaign ,now getting serious

loppylugs1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The checkpoint on Sukhumvit is not a new thing. They have a checkpoint in and out of town there from time to time. The Bang Lamung police station is right there.

It would seem that a checkpoint going into town where you mentioned would not be an ideal place to catch drunk drivers.

Drink driving is not the real problem on the roads of Thailand.

its very very far deeper problem. bah.gif

Is Drinking while Driving then .

Please explain what your on about ?

Not positive what he means, but I think he is maybe asking for clarification on your statement. What exactly do you think is the far deeper problem?

Is Drinking while Driving then .

Please explain what your on about ?

Not positive what he means, but I think he is maybe asking for clarification on your statement. What exactly do you think is the far deeper problem?

Cant say to-much, but if you drive a lot in Thailand

there are bigger issues. its not just the guy who is pissed up and takes someone out on the roads, that's not the big problem.

You don't need to be drunk to kill on the roads of Thailand you just need to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a think about it, look what you see on the roads.

behaviour, attitude, actions, none actions, and many more.

Its not so good,

lots of very selfish people, and no respect for others.

been to many BBQ at the temple, for bad drivers and there victims

Crazy roads

Easy to stop drink driving. You have a national press release across the Country with a 3 month lead in time. After the amnesty period straight forward 3 month jail term no messing, no pay offs, no sick grannies, straight to the Jail.

I guarantee 90% of the current drink drivers including the idiots on Bikes in Pattaya would cease their activity overnight

Easy to stop drink driving. You have a national press release across the Country with a 3 month lead in time. After the amnesty period straight forward 3 month jail term no messing, no pay offs, no sick grannies, straight to the Jail.

I guarantee 90% of the current drink drivers including the idiots on Bikes in Pattaya would cease their activity overnight

Good in theory. Impossible in practice. The campaign would collapse and result in its promoters being jailed for stupidity. There is not enough jail resource to deliver the campaign.

Now build in army boot camps, properly planned and resourced alongside the campaign and I agree you've got a great idea. Lots of PR to publicise the travails of 'persons of influence' whilst in the camps would also be a great idea and send positive social messages to the populace.

You think so?

18 years ago they announced that helmets on a motorbike are now mandatory. They announced it with newspapers adverts, huge billboards, and whatever other means.

Same they did with the law about phone usage on bikes and in cars.

Have you looked around yet?

The threat of Jail time and deportation should certainly take care of the countless Farangs that drink and drive, need tougher penalties to at least get the Farangs to think twice.

Any suggestions for the non-farang offenders?

The threat of Jail time and deportation should certainly take care of the countless Farangs that drink and drive, need tougher penalties to at least get the Farangs to think twice.

As Thais can't be deported, mandatory Jail time ?

How many Farangs drink and drive, c'mon guys it's an anonymous forum, you can admit it ?

I don't drink Alcohol but I know many that do and most think nothing of getting on their bike or in their car after having too much to drink, draconian penalties should put a stop to most offenders.

Edited by Broken Record

How many Farangs drink and drive, c'mon guys it's an anonymous forum, you can admit it ?

I don't drink Alcohol but I know many that do and most think nothing of getting on their bike or in their car after having too much to drink, draconian penalties should put a stop to most offenders.

Who drives like a total <deleted> with or with out alcohol ?

Yeah right! ..but you would think drink would dilute Thais basic instinct,....but perhaps not

For sure it doesn't dilute their conscience nor consciousness..

Edited by Anthony5

Who drives like a total <deleted> with or with out alcohol ?

Some drivers ?

You think so?

18 years ago they announced that helmets on a motorbike are now mandatory. They announced it with newspapers adverts, huge billboards, and whatever other means.

Same they did with the law about phone usage on bikes and in cars.

Have you looked around yet?

What on earth are you talking about !!

I was certainly here 18 years ago and no one suggested mandatory jail terms for failing to wear a helmet

You're comparing apples and oranges. What I suggested is a savage jail term. Totally different. The earlier poster who quoted me refined my suggestion go and read it again.

Anyone who dissents clearly drink and drive themselves

Even if they made a new rule that foreigners would be jailed and/or deported you can always work your way out through bribes, which would only make drunk driving more expensive.

I live in Thailand so I drink & drive obviously, however if I make it real late I do take a taxi.

Edited by dennis123

Some drivers ?

No

Most male drivers

Most male drivers ? I disagree, then again I have been driving in Thailand for nearly 25 years.

Many English people go to Mainland Europe with their cars and go back to The UK moaning about how terrible the French, Italians etc drive, it's because they haven't adapted, if they had been driving there for 25 years, they would think it was normal, they would have adapted to the difference.

I know adapting to Thai driving is difficult for many people, but if you choose to live in a developing country you have to put up with things that are different to your own country, after all, differences to your own country is what made you leave your country in the first place isn't it ?

The older you get it is more difficult to adapt to situations that are different, so I can understand why many expat pensioners would feel the way you do.