Multi-coloured group wants Thai election put off at least two years

webfact

Multi-coloured group wants election put off at least two years

43-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The so-called multi-coloured political group has proposed the National Legislative Assembly to find ways to defer the next general election by at least two years.

The group leader, Dr Tul Sitthisomwong, on Friday morning handed a letter to NLA vice president Surachai Liangboonlertchai for consideration.

In the letter, the group claimed that the current political situation was not conducive to the holding of an election because of deep-seated political divide.

It suggested that the election should be put off at least two years and that the NLA set up a panel to find out the causes of the political conflicts and to recommend the solutions to the National Council for Peace and Order.

Mr Surachai said he would accept the group’s proposal for consideration.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/multi-coloured-group-wants-election-put-off-at-least-two-years

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-04

the group claimed that the current political situation was not conducive to the holding of an election because of deep-seated political divide.

As if that political divide will cede to exist in 2 years or even 20 years.

Mr Surachai said he would accept the group’s proposal for consideration.

Of course Mr Surachai will consider, in fact he was waiting quite some time already for this proposal.

Edited by Anthony5

This thing casts aspersions on everyone from that side of the political divide. The aspersions are correct, but they are too thick to realize it. Comes with the elitist, ivory tower, blindingly arrogant territory.

That territory consists of identical political persuasions, trying to imply diversity of thought. Segmentation has been a favorite tactic of theirs...Different groups - same faces. This multi-coloured thing being one of them, the Democrat Party another, the PDRC another and the most recent one I saw was the grandiose title Suthep gave to one, of which he is President no less.

This guys musings reek of anti-democracy, thereby implicating all of them...It is why some pundits I have read, simply refer to the Democrat Party as the anti-Democrat Party.

One reason I can think of why this segmenting mentality exists...Everyone wants to be a leader - big titles and status...The more groups, the more opportunity for such a thing. The fact they all sing off the same song-sheet doesn't matter.

Edited by Blackfalds

Oh shit!!! Dr Tul is back. For those who don't know this freak, here is one of his classics;

"Tul went on to say that, speaking as a doctor, love for the country and the king was embedded only in Thais’ DNA, not that of other peoples. It was a pity that many Thais had mutated and did not have the love for the king in their DNA and should not be called Thai, he said."

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1739

Oh shit!!! Dr Tul is back. For those who don't know this freak, here is one of his classics;

"Tul went on to say that, speaking as a doctor, love for the country and the king was embedded only in Thais’ DNA, not that of other peoples. It was a pity that many Thais had mutated and did not have the love for the king in their DNA and should not be called Thai, he said."

Oh strewth.

I like this very much

Their banners and placards read ‘Pok [Army Chief Gen Anupong] get out!’, ‘Abhisit, continue fighting for the country. Don’t give up’, ‘We’re the ammat’, ‘We’re Thai, not phrai’, ‘Arrest Thaksin, and put him in jail in 15 days’, ‘Silent but not red’, etc.

Of course I despair on here when people ask the dumb question. "who are the ammat? Since no one really knows they don't exist........

Edited by Thai at Heart

I doubt 2 years will be enough...better 5 at minimum.

Who knows IF elections will ever really happen.

You can answer the question yourself....

how many coups did Thailand have?

Obviously always elections happened again. So it will this time.

"Tul went on to say that, speaking as a doctor, love for the country and the king was embedded only in Thais DNA, not that of other peoples. It was a pity that many Thais had mutated and did not have the love for the king in their DNA and should not be called Thai, he said."

Thailand's version of English John?

"Tul went on to say that, speaking as a doctor, love for the country and the king was embedded only in Thais DNA, not that of other peoples. It was a pity that many Thais had mutated and did not have the love for the king in their DNA and should not be called Thai, he said."

Thailand's version of English John?

Scary stuff with people like this lecturing at a major university ......Faculty of Medecine no less and believing that Thais have a unique DNA!.....He's a real quack!

I support the current regime. In the past "democratic" regimes lead to the most corrupt rising to the top. Thailand deserves more than being robbed of its history and culture by money grabbing western style corruption and more. The current regime is slowly asserting its influence to reduce corruption. The lottery price scandal is one example. All this is being done to suit Thailands' non aggression attitude. I was invited to speak to students recently at an ASEAN day demonstration. The children do not understand democracy, they only understand the structure they live in. To see these children prostrate themselves down every time I enter a class is moving but worrying to me. These kids do not deserve a so called democracy that involves western style corruption and lobbyists, they deserve to be taught good citizenship, taught English, (the international language) and taught sustainability, mathematics, free thinking and questioning. Not an easy task, but I hope no lobbyist supported "democratic" government comes to power in the short term.