Dogs Roaming The Soi

Goosethai

OK

I LIVE IN A LOVELY WIDE SOI WITH DETACHED HOUSES WHICH IS PREDOMINATELY FARRANG.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YES WE HAVE DOGS RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE SOI, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT.

How or what is the best way to get rid of these noisey unwanted dogs????????

Yes this is a problem caused by irresponsible dog owners.

People like Davethai obviously take there dogs for walks on a lead, so are controlled, but for the majority (Thais) they just let them out and do whatever they want.

I am a cyclist so the problem is even greater for me, I know other cylists that have pepper spray.

Its a real problem in Thailand, education is needed but that is long term. The short term, perhaps a cattle prod, its what I am after, so if anyone knows of a place to purchase please let me know.

The poison, not sure.

The King has opened a dog rescue center not far from the center of Hua Hin maybe you could contact them.

The problem of the dogs is a destressing one especially for animal lovers. Before you go poising them remember they were there before most ferang and certainly have more right to be so. Personally I don't like the prostitutes but wouldn't advocate poising them.

There is also a small ferang dog rescue in Hua Hin (see Observer Magazine for no.) run by Dawn she might be able to offer some advice.

Failing that vet bills are cheap in Thailand and if everyonegave a few hundred barht the local vet could castrate and spay a few of the offending dogs and thus lessen any future problems.

Chaamman, I have noticed that the dogs tend to leave ferang alone as they don't tend to try and kick them from their motor bikes. I'm on the dogs side on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

If you ride a bike just aim for the dog and hey presto he runs away from you instead of chasing you. Works everytime ! & never hit one yet in 4 years. :o

Seriously though, the dogs on the street here in LOS is a problem. I doubt that anything will change though.

If you ride a bike just aim for the dog and hey presto he runs away from you instead of chasing you. Works everytime ! & never hit one yet in 4 years. :o

Seriously though, the dogs on the street here in LOS is a problem. I doubt that anything will change though.

The buggers won't even get out of the way for vehicles. Brave or stupid soi dogs ?

Hi

Sorry, when I said bike I meant Bicycle, as I excersise everyday.

You can indeed aim for them and it does work but when they run alongside or actually run at you from the side, can get hairy.

The pepper spray almost kills them, my mate used it once and he was mortified, the dogs eyes were literaly on stalks.