Hunt on for prime suspect

Lite Beer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

backwards and forwards - press release after press release - they are keeping the public informed? Yes on how incompetent they are.........they don't even seem to grasp some of the most basic conventions for dealing with serious crimes and every time they are called upon, whether it is this bombing Koh Tao or any other incident they seem to have learned NOTHING form previous experiences......

Whoever handles the media for the police is doing a disastrous job of getting credible facts to the public. These people are simply pitiful!

When you're the press spokesman for a government organization in a country where critizicing the boss is taboo and the boss has not exactly been chosen for his abilities then it makes for a pretty frustrating work day.

Whoever handles the media for the police is doing a disastrous job of getting credible facts to the public. These people are simply pitiful!

WRONG, they're being internally terrorized by the ruling authorities AND the influential RTP chiefs to force feed the public with quick-fix sugar coated information. If the media refuses, they would make those people in power lose face, and could face serious defamation accusation against them....

If the media refuses to comment on a topic, how is that grounds for defamation charges, even in this backwater swamp?

If I got prosecuted for the thoughts that I never voiced, I'd need a time machine to make the parole date.

RTP - put the three million Baht back on the table! The whole world is disgusted by a police force that divides a reward amongst themselves while the culprit, who killed more than 20 people and injured over a hundred, has not even been caught.

What a disgraceful and shameful display of disrespect and lack of honor for any other policeman in this world who believes in serving the people for a greater good. Anyone who took a part of the 3m should be released from the police force without pay and stripped of all ranks.

Edited by Shermanator

There is little doubt the enthusiasm of the foot soldiers and senior police will diminish until the reward tin is replenished. It has been demonstrated that success at solving the crime and the availability of generous reward money is inextricably linked.

In light of the fact that 20 police officers who took part in the investigation have been transferred for doing something not right, leads me to think the following about the DNA and why they can't match it to any of the suspects: The DNA the police are trying to match is from parts of the bombs found at the bomb sites. It could be due to mishandling of evidence that the DNA the police are trying to find a match for is actually DNA from one of the officers who may have contaminated the crime scene by being careless in the handling of the evidence. Thus it is possible the DNA they are trying to match is actually that of one of their own police officers.

I've not read any evidence of dna collected fro explosive materials at the bombing sites. They are trying to match dna from the taxi/bank notes with those they have already caught. The accused are obviously remaining silent / denying involvement in the bombings. They can only be changed with having tools and explosive material in their possession. There is no published factual link to the bombings so far.

"he said it was premature to make any conclusion on the motives behind the blasts, as there were several possible factors, including cross-border human trafficking and domestic politics."

chinese, turkish suspects, thai muslim woman living in turkey, human trafficking from china - still, for the police, it's a domestic politics

Yes, they say 'it is premature...." However the reward of 3 million TBH was already paid .... cheesy.gifclap2.gif

When you're the press spokesman for a government organization in a country where critizicing the boss is taboo and the boss has not exactly been chosen for his abilities then it makes for a pretty frustrating work day.

You CAN criticize the boss, as long as you don't criticize how he came to power.

And who in power is chosen for their abilities in this country? Look at the previous PM laugh.png

less russian tourists, hence to make up the difference the tat is going on a promotion spree towards hala tourismus etc... thus any

public annoucement as to the bombings being carried out by religious motivation, would thwart the tat's efforts to attract the tourismus

target grroup concerned.

wbr

roobaa01

On the up side. at least the arrests tell us that the BiB are actually doing something and not just sitting around. It's not an easy job if you want to be sure of a conviction in court. Personally, I'm glad they're taking their time and doing a thorough job.

All the RTP is doing is arresting every sacrificial lamb or pseudo suspect, making it look good in the international community, as if we were born yesterday...

In other words they don't ever bother to catch the real mastermind, who has already left the country.

The mastermind most probvably was not in Thailand so not easy to catch ,without International help.

And how, pray tell, can they be so sure the taxi and 20 baht note ARE from the bomber? Both of those are not exactly pristine.... besides wasn't it a week after the fact that taxi driver came forward with his "evidence'? Could be from anyone.....

Exactly! the Dna of a bank note stuffed into a motirbike taxis wod, then a week later after buying whyskey and shopping at the markets the Taxi bike driver goes to police with a 20 bht note that he had the presence of mind to place into a seprate plastic bag as he was suspicious and might get a reward for this.

Then the green and yellow cab after haveing a heap of passengers through it after the suspect is forensicly examined and bingo we have DNA of the bomber.

I wonder if the 20 BHt and the Taxi cab are the same DNA.

Maybe they collected two different samples and the suspect does not match either.

I dont think they know who's DNA they have from both Taxis and the whole thing is Keystone cops face saving exercise to cover up a revenge UIghur attack and blame it as something else.

Why cant they check the chinese passport at the Chinese embassy?? maybe chinese embassy cant recieve the passport same as BBC forensic evidence as no-one there to handle this job.

The failure to just do that is diabolical, and they have also not done a personal ID from the cab drivers which is a suspect worry.

Imagine putting the suspect on trial and defense asks him where were you arrested ?, and he says Phnom Phen Airport.

How did you pay motorbike Taxi, ? I gave him 100 Bht and said keep the change.whistling.gif

"he said it was premature to make any conclusion on the motives behind the blasts, as there were several possible factors, including cross-border human trafficking and domestic politics."

chinese, turkish suspects, thai muslim woman living in turkey, human trafficking from china - still, for the police, it's a domestic politics

not a fan of the muslim faith , that being said i notice the use of the word "trafficking"being dropped like it was fact . was it trafficking when millions tried to escape pol pot , hitler , stalin ? the chi coms treat chinese muslims like a red headed step-child . jobs ,edu , food , medical , and the possibilty of a good life are all denied . they are born into a chast system and there they will die . chinese enslaving their own , and make no mistake they are slaves to the Han . . no wonder many flee to turkey , nam , laos ,cambodia , ect............the religious persecution in china is relentless ,and never ending . thailand dropped the ball on this by sending the chinese muslims back and allowed the politics of terrorism a place to call home . this is what happens when uneducated people are in a position of power . and for all you bar stool commandos slapping your head and screaming "trafficking" , well ...stop eating seafood .... over half comes from thai slave ships. i am certain the slave labor did not ask for this . dudes and dudettes ya need to start thinking about what you say and its relationship to the truth ....just saying ..

In light of the fact that 20 police officers who took part in the investigation have been transferred for doing something not right, leads me to think the following about the DNA and why they can't match it to any of the suspects: The DNA the police are trying to match is from parts of the bombs found at the bomb sites. It could be due to mishandling of evidence that the DNA the police are trying to find a match for is actually DNA from one of the officers who may have contaminated the crime scene by being careless in the handling of the evidence. Thus it is possible the DNA they are trying to match is actually that of one of their own police officers.

I've not read any evidence of dna collected fro explosive materials at the bombing sites. They are trying to match dna from the taxi/bank notes with those they have already caught. The accused are obviously remaining silent / denying involvement in the bombings. They can only be changed with having tools and explosive material in their possession. There is no published factual link to the bombings so far.

As if on cue, just today the other paper reported Police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri (and I'm paraphrasing) as saying DNA samples from the Cambodia guy did not match samples from the taxi, the banknote, or shreds from a backpack recovered at the scene of the bombing.

And how, pray tell, can they be so sure the taxi and 20 baht note ARE from the bomber? Both of those are not exactly pristine.... besides wasn't it a week after the fact that taxi driver came forward with his "evidence'? Could be from anyone.....

No worries, it is all safely in the hands of the BIB and they know what they are doing, well I think they know but then I'm not sure, maybe they do but possibly they don't - anyway it keeps everyone occupied during the day with lots of laughs and you can look forward to the next days revelations in the ongoing soapie series airing daily on your computer - and it comes free.

It would be a wonderful thing to invent a soft drink that magically, when drunk, makes Thais aware of how and why the rest of the world laughs at them. Because right now, I seriously think they don't know.

God, I'd make a fortune with that. Of course the Thailand suicide rate would go up a bit...

As if on cue, just today the other paper reported Police spokesman Prawut Thavornsiri (and I'm paraphrasing) as saying DNA samples from the Cambodia guy did not match samples from the taxi, the banknote, or shreds from a backpack recovered at the scene of the bombing.

Right. DNA from shreds of a backpack that's been blown to smithereens by TNT or C4 and inundated by body parts and fluids from victims of the explosion. Seriously? He wasn't joking? Straight face?

OK.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Neighbours told police they saw Wanna come to the house with her child about a year ago.

It is written somewhere that her child is 8 months old. Anyway, the whole story is a big mess. I've seen the phone interview with Wanna on thai TV. I don't think she will come back. She also says she needs protection, lawyers etc. but her husband won't come back. He has to work. What is interpol doing? Why don't they arrest them and bring them back facepalm.gif

Neighbours told police they saw Wanna come to the house with her child about a year ago.

It is written somewhere that her child is 8 months old. Anyway, the whole story is a big mess. I've seen the phone interview with Wanna on thai TV. I don't think she will come back. She also says she needs protection, lawyers etc. but her husband won't come back. He has to work. What is interpol doing? Why don't they arrest them and bring them back facepalm.gif

I don't think Interpol have powers of arrest do they? I thought they were only advisory and it is the national police that must arrest.

Might be wrong...

London to a brick she's never coming home if she was involved (and maybe now if she wasn't). London to a brick she knew that before she left.

Bugger all chance of Turkey extraditing him/her too. Absolutely bugger all.