Where to buy a cheap motorbike?

Hal65

Pawn shops sell them. There's one on Pattaya Klang around soi 9 that has 2 for sale right now. Ones a nouvoe for 32,000 baht and another is a Suzuki for 19,000 baht. Condition unknown and buyer beware. Also the is a bike repair and sales shop on 3rd road near the corner of soi Sophon Cable (opposite Dominoes) They sell second hand bikes and will put in your name and do registration for you as well.

Ask around at motorcycle repair shops. I bought a used Nuevo last month for 6,000 baht and spent about 2000 baht for repairs (break, battery and rear wheel).

It had all the paperwork including green motorbike book.

Runs great!

Kaidee.com

Thanks for the tip, seems there are some good prices on here.

8000: https://www.kaidee.com/product-109488258/

7900: https://www.kaidee.com/product-109342793/

9000: https://www.kaidee.com/product-109397937/

9000: https://www.kaidee.com/product-109491298/

Only issue is all Thai so the sellers may not speak English

There's a shop inside Jomtien Complex, under the parking garage they never finished.

He rents out motorbikes but you can also buy decent second hands for approx. 20-25k baht, just have to ask him as he doesn't have a sign 'for sale' or anything on them.

In fact I think most motorbike rental shops are willing to sell some, to avoid buying a dud you could also just rent it for a few days first.

There's a shop inside Jomtien Complex, under the parking garage they never finished.

He rents out motorbikes but you can also buy decent second hands for approx. 20-25k baht, just have to ask him as he doesn't have a sign 'for sale' or anything on them.

In fact I think most motorbike rental shops are willing to sell some, to avoid buying a dud you could also just rent it for a few days first.

That's a good idea. thumbsup.gif

You wont know the history of the bike, but still a very good idea.

I still rent btw, the guy who rents it asked me a few times if I wasn't interested in buying it, always reclined, for the simple reason that it's little money per month, no hazard about getting it insured and if the motorbike stops working some day I just change it for another one so why bother buying one when I can rent for peanuts.

I did buy a car though as renting a car can easily cost 20k/month, which is a bit much.

Edited by dennis123

I still rent btw, the guy who rents it asked me a few times if I wasn't interested in buying it, always reclined, for the simple reason that it's little money per month, no hazard about getting it insured and if the motorbike stops working some day I just change it for another one so why bother buying one when I can rent for peanuts.

I did buy a car though as renting a car can easily cost 20k/month, which is a bit much.

That's your choice.

Motor bikes are pea nuts to buy.

Yes you can get a perfectly reasonable second hand bike for around town ( ie not a big bike or something over 150cc )

for 10,000 - 20,000 baht.

Spare parts are normally cheap and so is labour....finding a good mechanic is a bit of a challenge.

If your here long term I would still advise to buy new if you have the money.

there's a place down the road from that makes motors bikes.

three bike cannibalized to make one.

They even do it in the shop, whilst working on customers bikes.

the end result is out front with the for sale sign on it a few days latter.

Not all are like that , but buy off a Falang for number 2 bikes if you can

Not Noi and Ping Pings chop shop.

Good luck

I've bought and sold many motorcycles over the years.If you are mechanically minded buying and checking over a secondhand motorcycle is a reasonably safe bet,but otherwise new is the way to go.

Secondhand try Baht and sold, thaivisa classifieds, and the several FB pages for secondhand items and stuff in Pattaya.