More Beach Crime

kurgen

Monday 24th September 2006

Late Night Pattaya Beach Crime continues despite regular police patrols.

Two cases of violence now against foreigners from Pattaya Beach on the same night which demonstrates that efforts to improve the security for tourists on Pattaya Beach must be reviewed.

The first case involves Mr. Abraham Amsee aged 70 from Israel. He sustained serious facial injuries after a late night attack by three Thai men who robbed him of his possessions which included 2,500 Euro’s and a gold necklace with Diamond locket worth 50,000 Baht according to his Police report.

Nearby were metal poles which according to Mr. Amsee were used by the three men during the attack.

The second case comes from the Central Pattaya Section of Pattaya Beach Road and led to the arrest of a suspected necklace thief.

In this case, the victim is Mr. Carl Heinze Leckmans aged 51 from Germany who was walking along the beach when a Thai man later named as Khun Anon aged 18 ran towards the victim and grabbed a gold necklace worth 7,500 Baht from around the neck of Mr. Leckmans.

Luckily the attempted theft was seen by others on the beach who managed to detain the young suspect who was arrested by Police and charged with theft. The necklace which was thrown away by the suspect as soon as he realized he was going to be caught, was recovered and returned to the victim.

PCN

Whatever happened to all the CCTV camera's they were installing on the beach road ? ?

They are there and appear ready and installed but are they switched on, is anyone watching them? There is a guy called Howard who comments about Policing issues here, maybe he can tell us if these cameras are in use.

By the way the Israelie was walking around with the equivalent of 167,000 baht plus a gold chain on his person. I don't know, I would never walk around with that kind of money on me, I go out with 3,000 baht tops.

The beautiful city of Prague is mainly crime free in the tourist dominated old city, and bloody dangerous outside the old walls. Why ? In the main it is because of patrols of black shirted large lads funded by the major tourist bodies who shall we say " encourage " the scum to stay away. Our MIB in Patters are not up to the job period. Is it not time the major players in the tourist industry did something to help themselves ?

The beautiful city of Prague is mainly crime free in the tourist dominated old city, and bloody dangerous outside the old walls. Why ? In the main it is because of patrols of black shirted large lads funded by the major tourist bodies who shall we say " encourage " the scum to stay away. Our MIB in Patters are not up to the job period. Is it not time the major players in the tourist industry did something to help themselves ?

The beautiful city of Prague (for me, the most beautiful city there is), Wenceslas Boulevard is filled with thiefs, bulgarian hookers (very dangerous to deal with, you become a victim at the first dark corner). Actually, about 2 years ago, the police was going 50/50 with the thiefs, trust me.

The beautiful city of Prague (for me, the most beautiful city there is), Wenceslas Boulevard is filled with thiefs, bulgarian hookers (very dangerous to deal with, you become a victim at the first dark corner). Actually, about 2 years ago, the police was going 50/50 with the thiefs, trust me.

They should talk to the police in Pattaya, im sure that with a few tips from them that they could at least get 60/40 :o

Edited by lordsux

The Beach road issue and the attraction to thiefs late at night has alwasy been a problem, to solve this problem just close the beach side pavement after 24.00hrs, removable steel 6ft wire mesh barriers should do it.

or

Push the problem up to the Hilton hotel end and all the other hotels and I am sure that there will soon be a solving of the problem.

or

Security with big dogs usually helps.

or

don't get so drunk that you cannot stand up

They should talk to the police in Pattaya, im sure that with a few tips from them that they could at least get 60/40 :o

I Agree, lordsux. About 2-3 years ago .. so long time :D

Edited by Scouse - Please do not drop links to advertisements.

Whatever happened to all the CCTV camera's they were installing on the beach road ? ?

By the way the Israelie was walking around with the equivalent of 167,000 baht plus a gold chain on his person. I don't know, I would never walk around with that kind of money on me, I go out with 3,000 baht tops.

I am sorry to hear of victims of violent crime and theft in Pattaya, yet the victim's alleged losses are often inflated (in my opinion and not proven), which is, in itself dishonest and equally despicable to the original crime committed (upon them).

I have Jewish friends, and I can assure you that they rarely walk around with 167,000 baht and a priceless gold and diamond chain in the early hours in a foreign land. Most likely their money lies in a reputable bank, earning interest and their valuables are safely stowed under lock and key.

Just a thought; insurance fraud is costing honest citizens higher premiums.

Monday 25th September 2006

:o

About as good as it gets at PCN..... :D

Regards the first attack.........what is the old codger doing on beach road with that much loot on him. Its about time the hotels put leaflets in the rooms specifically stating not to go out with valuables anytime of day, or would that be asking too much? :D