Jailed clerk vows not to back down; no resolution in sight

Lite Beer

Despite the subject of the OP... Seems to be resolved to me..

The subordinates are issuing marriage licenses and she is sitting in Jail...

Te now to just let everyone ignore her and happily go on with life...

Just ignore her and let her rot in Jail forever if she likes...

The office is now issuing marriage licenses and the rest of the world can move on

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the subject of the OP... Seems to be resolved to me..

The subordinates are issuing marriage licenses and she is sitting in Jail...

Te now to just let everyone ignore her and happily go on with life...

Just ignore her and let her rot in Jail forever if she likes...

The office is now issuing marriage licenses and the rest of the world can move on

Nobody wanted her to go to jail. She chose that drama. What is wanted is that she either does her job or if not, resign, and open it up to someone willing to do the job.

Good for her for standing up for what is right.

Good for you for knowing what is God's will. Since you are obviously entrusted with knowledge that is not endowed to us mere mortals, would you mind telling me if a short call option on AAPL expiring Jan 2017 at 100 USD would be a worthwhile trade. I will invest my life savings on your advice.

Ask the old lady (man/transgender/?) in your prayers and get back to me...

And by the way, is it safe to fly to america, or will I fall off the edge of the world...

Hahaha…..too funny. Old lady in my prayers?? America??

That's some *^$^*) up )(*& right there.

Why bother about her. She is standing up for what she believes in, the court is following the law.

She was given a choice to let others in the office to legally do what they are employed to do but she refused. She is forcing her subordinates to follow her religious views. I hope they sue her.

She is where she belongs until she agrees to let others follow their legal obligations.

Spot on. It sounds more like a big publicity stunt, American style IMO.

It could have been easily solved by either her quitting, or them sacking her.

I'm starting to like her. Her lawyer brought up the fact that the president, his administration and certain cities often ignore laws that they do not like and he is absolutely right.

Dude. She's a clerk that processes paperwork. If she doesn't do that simple job, she is USELESS. What if you went into a government office and for some illegal reason a clerk refused to process your paperwork? You would be raving mad! I know you would.

I'm starting to like her. Her lawyer brought up the fact that the president, his administration and certain cities often ignore laws that they do not like and he is absolutely right.

Dude. She's a clerk that processes paperwork. If she doesn't do that simple job, she is USELESS. What if you went into a government office and for some illegal reason a clerk refused to process your paperwork? You would be raving mad! I know you would.

Just askin'.

Have you ever visited a Thai Immigration office?

Just askin'.

Have you ever visited a Thai Immigration office?

Irrelevant, dude.

If you came in for a marriage extension here based on a legal gay marriage (done abroad) the application would be rejected here legitimately on the basis that Thailand does not recognize gay marriages from anywhere. If Thailand changes their laws, then the immigration office would be required to process such applications and they would do so.

Yes, I can understand your point that immigration officers give applicants the run around often and the specific paperwork requirements seem to change too often. But your implication is that it would OK for them to systemically discriminate against people based on some kind of identification such as sexual orientation and while that might happen silently sometimes, it would not happen that an officer would make a big public show about discriminating against one class of people that they were legally required to serve as all others.

That is indeed what DID happen with this bigoted clerk in the U.S.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

I'm not a twitter tweeter, but of course the FreeKimDavis hashtag has been hijacked with an abundance of humor

Enjoy!

#FreeKimDavis is probably the sign her first three husbands put on the front lawn.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeKimDavis?src=hash

Some pretty funny stuff in there. I thought this pic was particularly amusing...and quite a resemblance!

post-54788-0-59603400-1441614363_thumb.p

Yes she is being personally mocked but she did bring this all on herself. How many such clerks in all the USA have misbehaved as she has? One or two perhaps? I wouldn't shed tears for her either as she is setting herself for a lifetime payday as a right wing symbol plus assuming she'll be leaving her job sooner or later, she'll keep a fat pension too.

So she is gonna suck on the sweet teets of the state just for denying basic civil rights to her fellow citizens who like a different gender of teets than her "God" thinks is OK.

Edited by Jingthing

Good for this life long Democratic clerk for standing up for her moral and religious beliefs. The only people mocking her are individuals who suffer from gender confusion. I believe the judge who jailed this lady is going to regret his hasty decision. There are a lot of people who are feed up with all this liberal nonsense of same sex couples wanting to be married, and the countless issues that offend these people. God bless this clerk and the people who support her.

Good for this life long Democratic clerk for standing up for her moral and religious beliefs. The only people mocking her are individuals who suffer from gender confusion. I believe the judge who jailed this lady is going to regret his hasty decision. There are a lot of people who are feed up with all this liberal nonsense of same sex couples wanting to be married, and the countless issues that offend these people. God bless this clerk and the people who support her.

You are very wrong about the people mocking her. Most do not suffer from gender confusion, or any kind of confusion for that matter.

You are very wrong about the people mocking her. Most do not suffer from gender confusion, or any kind of confusion for that matter.

Absolutely. Gay people generally don't have any "confusion" at all about the gender that foats their bloat.

Yes, how dare people insist those in public office follow the law.

So you support people who stand up for their religious beliefs. Bravo. Then surely, you must support this woman:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/05/travel/muslim-flight-attendant-feat/index.html

So you support people who stand up for their religious beliefs. Bravo. Then surely, you must support this woman:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/05/travel/muslim-flight-attendant-feat/index.html

Nice try but no cigar. Islam isn't a valid religion. Islam functions in the opposite manner from all other religions. Rather than producing peace and social harmony, it sows violence and social distruption.

Of course Islam is a valid religion. And it seems American Christian fundamentalists are wishing for Christian version of the Islamic State of Iran in the USA. Prepare for a fight about that. A theocracy like that is un-American.

Like it or not, the three major Abrahamic religions have a lot in common. The trick is to reform these religions for the modern era.

Edited by Jingthing

You must be referring to Obama. This article is about the Kentucky clerk that was jailed for not wanting her name on same sex marriage licenses because of her moral and religious beliefs. Good for her. I wouldn't want my name on these licenses either.

You must be referring to Obama. This article is about the Kentucky clerk that was jailed for not wanting her name on same sex marriage licenses because of her moral and religious beliefs. Good for her. I wouldn't want my name on these licenses either.

Be sure to tell the voters when you run for such an office that you don't intend to actually do the job you're running for.

Nice try but no cigar. Islam isn't a valid religion. Islam functions in the opposite manner from all other religions. Rather than producing peace and social harmony, it sows violence and social distruption.

Wow. "Islam isn't a valid religion." Ok, so now that we've established that this has nothing to do with protecting religious beliefs, please continue with your unabashedly bigoted view of the world.