How to find a Thai Girlfriend and just random questions

Phunkism

why be picky ? You are just meeting them to marry them.....

you need to loosen up, not care , you are always going to be an outsider who is being looked at , live with it and enjoy it ,

and you do not have to have a full mouth smile painted on all the time , a grin and

raised eyebrows will do the trick too.....

Thailand is not the USA , you are not going to get slapped for smiling at a girl and saying she looks good ,

And like i said before be a goof ball , for a week change your photos to something fun and try not to be so serious ,

and so we know are you studying in CM , planning on staying long term or ????

have fun....... smile.png

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are young and good looking, you should have no problems at all, meeting university gals in CM. Just get out there and talk to them. Look fear in the eyes and it will cease to haunt you. Step up to the plate 20 times, you will be choosing which one you prefer. Between your Korean and your American background, you should have no problems. CM is loaded with perspective babes.

And the Thai guys are probably just trying to figure you out, as you probably do not conform to the tiny box they are living within. Who cares anyway? Not really relevant to your current challenge.

Edited by spidermike007

Smile a lot, I mean smile all the time and when a girl smiles back just say Hi I'm name. I know many Korean guys and if it was not for them having money they would also never have a woman because they never smile. Don't be too serious when you meet someone, be friendly and Smile !

Yes smile a lot your pic looks to serious. Do something with that birds nest on your head. Tone it down a bit. I was 72 when I arrived here went onto Thai Love Links all kinds of girls there of course they like us older more stable guys that intend to stay here. Women think long term so they will wonder if you have any money and at 27 years old are your intentions to stay here. Men think short term so you have to kind of meet in the middle. If none of this works I know a doctor who can transfer my mind into your body what a heck of a combination. Sex all take place in the brain anyways. You know the old saying when they look at you they may think if its to good to be true there must be something wrong.

Edited by elgordo38

To the OP.I can't believe all the negative answers on here.Your asking for some help and most of these answers are far from it.

If I was you I would definitely get into A Thai learning class as soon as possible.You'll pick the language up quickly.

I believe after that you'll be A little less shy.And many of the ladies talking to A foreigner are A little shy also.I'm not talking bar girls.

Be patient you'll be fine.

Thai women, even working girls, won't approach.

Best advice is to make some other foreigner friends who speak english and hang with them as a group in bars, restaurants, live music whatever. Chances at least one will have a girl, she brings her friends and your in.

Talk to other foreigner dudes in your age group about where u from? And get invited to a house party, there the ladies will be who will talk and make eye contact. Bring a phone and ask for ladies chat id, then message and set up dates. Thats the most painless route if your really shy.

There are some good live music bars by the river with non paedo's. Try the one named riverside for your age group. The university scene nightlife is probably too cliquey on your own. The sexpat bars others are probably too old or down n out and you'll be listening to people whine from the bottom of their beer glass.

Going stag ie bond style also rarely works here. That kind of confidence is not respected like in the west. Thais distrust lone wolves and need to be in a group situation. It's all about "friends" "chirping" and "grouping".

Lived in cm several years so i know the scene.

Would recommend avoiding most thai males, esp younger. Bad news. Very unlikely to find real thai male friends in this age group without an agenda unless they are university students or westernized.

The staring thing is usually homosexual, esp if it involved giggling at feet size. I'm talking about switch hitters, men doing things with other men, and low bat sizes, that sort of thing...

Edited by fey

Actually you should have no problems, if being young and handsome does not work, try this,.......drink shitloads of beer, get a beer gut as fast as you can, wear your pants so people can see the crack in your arse, wear a Chang beer wife beater shirt, do not shave,

Do not use deodorant, spill food all over your clothes and wear the same underpants for one month or until they rot off, do not brush your teeth and try to develop bad breath, be as rude and ignorant as you possibly can and treat the girls like shit, remember...you are the master....tell them when they meet you that you do not care to learn the language and you do not care about their culture and they should be grateful they are with a handsome man, be angry that they can not speak perfect English......wear long socks up to your knees with sandals and sweat like a pig....this seems to work....otherwise just be who you are, do not try too hard, smile,

You have no problems.......and good luck to you.

I reckon you are quite a good looking guy

You dont really look thai. Id say look korean. Plus being tall you shouldnt have a problem overall

Just remember only a certain type of girl goes for farang, especially ones double their age

Overall in my experience. Koreans are generally well looked upon by decent normal thai girls

Smile a lot, I mean smile all the time and when a girl smiles back just say Hi I'm name. I know many Korean guys and if it was not for them having money they would also never have a woman because they never smile. Don't be too serious when you meet someone, be friendly and Smile !

+1. Works for a faded looks 64 year old around Thailand so it's defo gonna work for you! Girls really do fall for a big smile.

I am so sorry you have received so many stupid answers from Thai visa members.One way is to look at www.thaifriendly.com .There are many decent ladies on this web site and most have jobs and are not just looking for money.Please give a go and you will be surprised who you can meet.

Good luck.

Learn to dance. You don't have to drink or smoke to go to a nightclub. Thai women (heck, all women) like guys who can move. You are young, tall, thin and fit - perfect for dancing.

Yes, you'll probably feel like an idiot the first few times if you aren't used to dancing on a floor. And you'll probably actually look like one too. But do not be shy. Just let yourself go and give a rat's ass to what people think or say. You'll get better. And better. And better. Till the babes are hitting on you and following you around and the only way you have any me time is by hiding in the men's room.

And when you go dance do not try to copy a particular style. Let your body loose with the music and see where it goes. What you do well (trust me you will do something well) depends on your body type, muscle/bone weight distribution etc. And the only way you're going to find out is by trying.

Good luck. And if you get really good do not come down to Bkk because I will kick your ass. Just kidding:-)

A word of advice, OP.

Avoid 98% of the Thai men.

Avoid 90% of the Thai women.

Learn some of the language, so you at least know when they are calling you a mofo, or are plotting against you.

Get a quiet university 'sideline' girl you can see regularly, so you can take the edge and don't come across as desperate to potential GF's.

Be worth more alive than you would be dead. Even the girls here run the long con.

Forget about tinder try baddo. Don't play the swipe thing instead just browse the girls in your area. start a chat with the ones u like drop in the first sentence that u are from the USA. And also put it on your profile. And u will be fighting them off. But watch out for the lady boys. And avoid any girls who are in a bar or a massage shop. Instead try 4 the girls who siting in a office or something.

You look ok, though you sound a bit paranoid… just try and hang out where people your age hang out. Not sure what you are doing here at that age, but people often meet people through work. Being shy and picky is not a good combination but I think 27 can just be an awkward age… a bit too old for first love and not yet into the realm of divorcees…

Good luck and hang with it… you will meet someone..

I used to live in Chang mai when I was your sort of age. There is loads of nice girls there. I also just remembered I use to have a friend from the USA who was from a loas background. As soon as they do that they was all over him . it was like the best of both worlds for them. Belive me mate I used 2 get well jealous. And that was before dating apps. Just try baddo I recken they will all be over you like a tramp on chips.

Just saw the OPs pic.....lol.....u look thai dude, not korean.....that might explain why the girls are giving u blank stares....make sure they hear ur awesome usa accent and that will clear up the confusion....talk to them.

Do you know that most thais are actually of the darker skinned variety.

he mentioned he's of korean descent which means he might not speak korean and yes i know it has nothing to do with anything.

I reckon you are quite a good looking guy

You dont really look thai. Id say look korean. Plus being tall you shouldnt have a problem overall

Just remember only a certain type of girl goes for farang, especially ones double their age

Overall in my experience. Koreans are generally well looked upon by decent normal thai girls

oh this post isn't going to garner much likes.

Thai girls love Koreans, they also love Americans, so you have double advantages to most of us.

You can go to bars and have a soft drink. Asking directions, like someone mentioned, is another way. Dress well, and get yourself out there. Make friends with fellow Americans and double up, and the shyness should ebb away.

me i am a cider drinking TAFF and i had no trouble,but us taffs are not shy are we.

here,s the answer the op is looking for.

just found my old pulling guide booklet available at any good book store on walking street."HOW TO PULL A THAI BIRD"

dress casual,bermuda shorts,

white sleevless vest,

black socks

slip-on shoe's

dark mirror sun glasses,

then as you stroll around you will the call of the mate-ing bird HANSUM MAN I LOVE YOU.

easy aint it.

Actually you should have no problems, if being young and handsome does not work, try this,.......drink shitloads of beer, get a beer gut as fast as you can, wear your pants so people can see the crack in your arse, wear a Chang beer wife beater shirt, do not shave,

Do not use deodorant, spill food all over your clothes and wear the same underpants for one month or until they rot off, do not brush your teeth and try to develop bad breath, be as rude and ignorant as you possibly can and treat the girls like shit, remember...you are the master....tell them when they meet you that you do not care to learn the language and you do not care about their culture and they should be grateful they are with a handsome man, be angry that they can not speak perfect English......wear long socks up to your knees with sandals and sweat like a pig....this seems to work....otherwise just be who you are, do not try too hard, smile,

You have no problems.......and good luck to you.

Thats sound like a Farang .giggle.gif

Op, why don't you address the things you see as your shortcomings instead of trying to work around them?

I don't recommend actively hunting for a gf, rather than letting it happen. One thing that helps in Thailand is for someone to vouch for you. You have to get to know people that can say "ya, he is a good guy."

Thanks for all your support & advice guys.. even the trolls!

I set up a date the other day and she just flaked on me today. *Shrugs*

Met another girl yesterday and we really hit it off and shes very attractive kinda making me self guess myself even more. hopefully it goes well...

Edited by Phunkism

Op, why don't you address the things you see as your shortcomings instead of trying to work around them?

I don't recommend actively hunting for a gf, rather than letting it happen. One thing that helps in Thailand is for someone to vouch for you. You have to get to know people that can say "ya, he is a good guy."

deep stuff Larr !!