How to find a Thai Girlfriend and just random questions

Phunkism

i'm 4 ft 10 and 400 lbs and my friend is 6 ft 2 and 190. girls love him, but then i flash 100,000 baht and tell them, in Thai, he is poor.

chics dig me big time!!!

once i got this super hot girl, but she walked super fast the first 2 blocks and i passed out from exhaustion

Perhaps she was doing that for a reason, ever thought of that? ;-)
Perhaps his whole post was just a humorous fantasy. Ever thought of that?

It did cross my mind yes, but I see all sorts of things so nothing would surprise me.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phunkism try an app called Skout as well, very good, Ive had a many date from that app. If you are really that desperate private message me, I know a few single thai girls that you would like.

Gave it a try didn't really like the layout and stupid ads everywhere. A lot of the pretty girls on skout kinda gave off that bar girl vibe though.

So umm again update i guess i have another date tonight but I'm kinda weary about going on this one.. She's clearly more attractive than i am. She's the one pestering me for a date, but she can speak almost perfect english. She's 18 and she's very flirty and messing with me saying she's a ladyboy then later saying she isn't...Telling me i would have to find out.. I also asked her whats their to do thats fun in Chiang Mai and her response was "I'm fun too do haha" Umm ya I'm way too shy for this :X:X:X:X:X

Edited by Phunkism

Phunkism try an app called Skout as well, very good, Ive had a many date from that app. If you are really that desperate private message me, I know a few single thai girls that you would like.

Gave it a try didn't really like the layout and stupid ads everywhere. A lot of the pretty girls on skout kinda gave off that bar girl vibe though.

So umm again update i guess i have another date tonight but I'm kinda weary about going on this one.. She's clearly more attractive than i am. She's the one pestering me for a date, but she can speak almost perfect english. She's 18 and she's very flirty and messing with me saying she's a ladyboy then later saying she isn't...Telling me i would have to find out.. I also asked her whats their to do thats fun in Chiang Mai and her response was "I'm fun too do haha" Umm ya I'm way too shy for this :X:X:X:X:X

Try Wechat .

Since you are American I will say it like this...

in Baseball if you hit 3 out of 10 you are a hero , batting 300 is great

But if you just stand there and let the ball wizz past you you bat ZERO !

You are going to make lots of mistakes , but if you do not get out there you are not going to learn how to be better.... take a chance ,

ohh and take pictures for us too smile.png

Where is the picture of OP that everyone is referring to?

Anyway, well done for trying and getting out there, the reality is; learning to pick up women is a skill that needs to be learned and cultivated over time. You will learn so much by just getting out there and doing it. There are so many books, resources online etc that teach about these kind of topics that really you have no excuses.

Learn some basic Thai phrases like "my name is", "what is your name", "how old are you", "you are beautiful/cute", "I love you", "I only speak a little bit of thai", "I am from America/Korea" etc.

Also it really does help to have wingmen to go out with so try and find some dudes at meetups. Whether you end up finding wingmen or not, just get out there and approach man! I appreciate it's not easy doing it without alcohol as I have gone through phases of picking up women with and without alcohol but if you are not use to drinking anyway then I guess it shouldn't be affecting you either way.

Also the guy who suggested learning to dance was also giving good advice. Go join a dance class somewhere here, there are heaps of teachers out here teaching multiple styles. Try and learn a dance style more geared towards a younger demographic (i.e. hiphop dancing).

The suspicious girl who is joking about being a ladyboy etc on that dating app, ignore her as she probably is a ladyboy!

Well it doesn't much matter how shy you are, if you cant speak the language your limited to the Thai ladies that speak

PERFECT English..well...ahem, you know what that means.

Maybe One question: "Any honey for a little bit of money?"

that will sort em out, but i don't think you'll get many takers.555

Update..

Went out on a date with a girl i met on Badoo(someone recommended it too me here).

She brought a friend which i thought was weird but she left after 5 minutes(umm getting her approval? Not sure).

I thought it was going well till i noticed i had a allergic reaction and my face was covered with red dots which she mentioned and kinda made me feel

more embrassed... I thought we had a good time and i try to go in for the kiss... rejected.. hug.. rejected... ummm what gives? Went home and she texted me twice asking if

i got home safe, etc and tell me to goto bed(since i told her i had a cold)... felt like my mom lol.

As others have said, that behaviour is actually a great sign. Her behaviour on the face of it is very traditional.

It's not especially easy to pick up decent Thai women at all, particularly if they are well educated and relatively wealthy - it is only easy to pick up prostitutes, either ones that do it full time or on occasion (this does not necessarily mean that you'd be required to pay, as a young bloke quite possible that you'd be a bit on the side - quite a few of them gain a bit of a sex addiction). There are growing numbers of educated and wealthy young women that take a more westernised approach to dating, but in general 'easy' means 'prostitute'.

Date number two certainly falls into the non traditional category.

The way to approach it really depends what you are looking for, if it's not a long term relationship it's probably better to take the easy option and 'date' easier girls. If you find a 'traditional' girl that takes a chaperone to the first date and refuses physical contact, and over time you convince her to be your 'girlfriend' bet then proceed screw around / treat her badly you may well live to regret it. Just be up front about what you are looking for.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

My opinion

Especislly in todays "shallow" world unless you look like brad pitt or are donald trump rich. You arent going to have ladies queuing up for you.

You need to filter out the gold diggers, the visa hunters, the attention whores, the desperate ones and the crazy ones

So not every date is going to go well or turn out to be a raging success. Its unfortunately a numbers game

Dont put too much pressure on yourself or appear too desperate.

Also. Take with a grain of salt advice from old multiple divorced expats here who think they are gods gift to women because their measly pension impresses the local bar girls in thaialnd, who couldnt get a girl back home who now think they are some sex god with their beer gut out

Btw

Im no casanova nor old deviant

Why do you give her a curt reply "live alone" and then not reply. You could have carried the conversation on or told her you would talk tomorrow. And then telling her to relax lol. I don't think she's being clingy, she wants someone who will make some effort for her. And even if you are dating other girls at least make her feel like she's special and that you're actually interested in her. Just my opinion :).

Why do you give her a curt reply "live alone" and then not reply. You could have carried the conversation on or told her you would talk tomorrow. And then telling her to relax lol. I don't think she's being clingy, she wants someone who will make some effort for her. And even if you are dating other girls at least make her feel like she's special and that you're actually interested in her. Just my opinion :).

I get what you are saying but there is more then a higher chance she is stringing along 50 other guys too.

Shed do the exact same thing if the roles are reversed.

No need to make her feel special unlesss you are super super keen or she is a genuinely nice thoughtful girl

Hello Phunkism,

I am a 24-year-old Taiwanese American guy studying in Chiang Mai, and was wondering the same thing. I was born and raised in California too.

Right now I'm a masters' degree student at a university in Chiang Mai. My Thai skills are fluent but beginner - intermediate. I'm fluent in Chinese as well and don't speak Thai or Chinese with an American accent. I have many foreigner friends here and have some, but not that many, Thai friends at the moment. I have to dress neatly with a collared shirt and long pants every weekday, and sometimes people even think I'm an ajarn (teacher) based on my look.

As for my looks, I'm just over 180 cm with an athletic build. Because of my southern Chinese descent, everyone here talks to me in Thai and assumes I'm Thai. Sometimes locals even ask me for directions. wink.png

There are tons of cute girls here in Chiang Mai, but I find that they're much more reserved than even the light-skinned Isan and Laotian girls. They don't tend to flirt as much.

Two years ago in Bangkok I dated a really dark-skinned Isaan girl, and locals would sometimes give me W-T-F looks. They would all assume that a guy like me should be dating some light-skinned university student hottie. But I haven't and didn't because those types simply don't throw themselves at you.

As for the girls: I've been here for nearly two months, but I haven't pulled any girls since I don't know how to. I'm surrounded by hot ladies here but don't know how to turn one of them into a girlfriend. The girls here are mostly upper-middle class and very light-skinned, and in every way they are the total polar opposites of Pattaya bar girls.

It's totally different in the Philippines though, where there were lots of girls going ga-ga over me and being really flirty. I've also had light-skinned Isaan girls flirt with me, but Chiang Mai people are a totally different breed, since they don't tend to give off signals so easily. A white Aussie expat told me that he could never figure out the girls in northern Thailand and never got a girl here, but it was a totally different story in Bangkok and Isaan.

Maybe we can work this out together.smile.png

Edited by Falconator

Why do you give her a curt reply "live alone" and then not reply. You could have carried the conversation on or told her you would talk tomorrow. And then telling her to relax lol. I don't think she's being clingy, she wants someone who will make some effort for her. And even if you are dating other girls at least make her feel like she's special and that you're actually interested in her. Just my opinion smile.png.

The OP is confusing "shyness," with being a socially inept ignoramus.

Among other things - who does he think he is posting an identifiable photo of a young lady, and private convo on this forum?

Edited by phrodan

"your you're limited to the Thai ladies that speak PERFECT English..well...ahem, you know what that means."

Does it mean only ladies who work in banks, estate agents, receptionists, nurses, flight attendants? Like that?

I'd suggest a lot of it depends on the location. In the tourist locations its a given, but you would be suprised how many of those professions can't speak English in rural areas or suburban areas of big cities.

Also worth noting, in my experience anyway, a girl does not have to be "in the trade" for her to start costing you a small fortune.

Think, expensive holidays, expensive restaurants, loans (that of course never get paid back) fuel money (whenever you get in the car the tank is empty) throw a thousand baht worth of whitening cream in your trolley ect ect

what the big-noters on thaivisa dont tell you..their university degree, white, Thai-Chin, rich family girl..

they expect a certain standard of living when its farang money.

this with power of the p-ssy, turn a lot of reasonably comfortable guys broke very quickly in Thailand!!

who does he think he is posting an identifiable photo of a young lady, and private convo on this forum?

who cares…when you go online you waive all rights to your 'privacy'.

No you don't - and it's against forum rules to post photos of people without their permission.

That girl has been slated by members here - it constitutes defamation.

Get up to speed with Thai law.

who does he think he is posting an identifiable photo of a young lady, and private convo on this forum?

who cares…when you go online you waive all rights to your 'privacy'.

No you don't - and it's against forum rules to post photos of people without their permission.

That girl has been slated by members here - it constitutes defamation.

Get up to speed with Thai law.

Thai Law…is that some sort of oxymoron?

Just kidding hehehehehehehe……anyway how do you know that is her real picture…a lot of these girls use fake names and pictures….let us wait to see if she comes forward to complain.

Only then can the law take its course…unless you're making a citizen's (expat's) arrest.

As for your comments about the OP telling Thai girls he's a boy band guy - Well he's very Americanized and looks and acts absolutely nothing like a boy band guy, but rather like a typical suburban California youth. The only thing Korean about him is his ancestry.

We're talking about a young Farang stuck in an Asian body.

The question would be more like, How would a young Farang who can pass for an Asian but has Farang mannerisms and attitudes get a Thai girlfriend?

And the OP and I both don't mind dating girls with dark skin, which to Thais would be preposterous.laugh.pngtongue.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by Falconator

I just PM'ed the OP, and found out that OP and I are both used to date Latinas, and neither of us had ever had Asian girlfriends when we were in the US. As you know, California is already practically a mini-Mexico. And in fact, it's now getting more common for Asian guys in the US to date Latinas.

As you know, Latinas are a totally different breed from Asian women. So naturally if you're used to Latinas, learning how to date normal Asian women would involve a learning curve. You just don't walk up to regular Asian girls and say, "Hola mami, eres muy bonita mi amor." Not like I'd actually do that with Asian women, but you find that you would have to be a totally different person around Asian women. Getting a regular Asian girlfriend can take a lot more time and patience, and mutual attraction is generally less instant.

Like i said im a very shy guy but i didn't have problems getting girlfriends in the states but ill admit it was in pathetic ways they usually would come talk too me.

Regular Latinas and some white women would come up and talk to guys, as well as Asian bar girls. But regular Asian girls don't do that, maybe except for Filipinas and some Isan and Lao women.

It's one thing to be a talkative, sociable, and likable guy, but another thing to actually approach Asian girls and move them out of the friend zone.

Thai women, even working girls, won't approach.

Go to Thermae Bar on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok, and you'll see. The girls there, many from northern Thailand (including Chiang Mai), are freelancers catering mostly to Japanese clients and they don't even approach guys that they should like. I walked around there in circles and the girls do nothing but smile, and they don't even say anything when I make eye contact. I have to choose and walk up to one of them, talk to them, and they just reply "kha." As a result, white guys tend to avoid that place. On Soi Nana, the girls will take the initiative to hunt you down and grab your arm, but that would be unthinkable in Thermae.

This is what it's like with regular women in Chiang Mai. They're nice and friendly, but you're gonna have to get out of your shell, and do some *appropriate* approaching on your own initiative.

Edited by Falconator

Go to Thermae Bar on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok, and you'll see. The girls there, many from northern Thailand (including Chiang Mai), are freelancers catering mostly to Japanese clients and they don't even approach guys that they should like. I walked around there in circles and the girls do nothing but smile, and they don't even say anything when I make eye contact. I have to choose and walk up to one of them, talk to them, and they just reply "kha." As a result, white guys tend to avoid that place. On Soi Nana, the girls will take the initiative to hunt you down and grab your arm, but that would be unthinkable in Thermae.

I popped in there not long ago and asked a few lasses if this was true….apparently while it did hold true a while back (and there are still a few who are exclusively into japanese), many are open to other guys.

Like i said im a very shy guy but i didn't have problems getting girlfriends in the states but ill admit it was in pathetic ways they usually would come talk too me.

Regular Latinas and some white women would come up and talk to guys, as well as Asian bar girls. But regular Asian girls don't do that, maybe except for Filipinas and some Isan and Lao women.

It's one thing to be a talkative, sociable, and likable guy, but another thing to actually approach Asian girls and move them out of the friend zone.

Thai women, even working girls, won't approach.

This is what it's like with regular women in Chiang Mai. They're nice and friendly, but you're gonna have to get out of your shell, and do some *appropriate* approaching on your own initiative.

Have never been to a jp place in bkk yet.

Are these hookers looking for jp clients?

Do they like them becauze they pay better/are nicer bla blah or is it because they personally prefer jp people for whatevee reason

Thermae girls would definitely take guys like me, and any East Asian client that isn't a total slob. They are hookers but they are more like higher-class escorts. But I was a bit dumbfounded that they would not approach even the best-looking clients. A few of them would keep making eye contact with me to express interest in me, but that's the furthest they get with taking the initiative. You could tell that many of them must be sideliners since they're so reserved and seem like such "good girls." Maybe some of them really wanted me but just didn't have the guts to say anything first.

Many Thermae girls will outright reject Farang clients, and will take them only as a last resort. The polite, soft-spoken Japanese men are also preferred over the loud, arrogant mainland Chinese men, who tend to frequent KTV's instead of bars like Thermae anyways.

Elsewhere I on Sukhumvit I would get chased down aggressively by freelancers, from dark Isan women to dolled-up light-skinned Thai women, to African and Middle Eastern streetwalkers.

The point is normal Chiang Mai girls are like this. They don't approach guys and can often be shy even after you talk to them.

Edited by Falconator

You're 27 years old....if you have to ask on a forum how to meet a Thai woman....well ....you had better look forward to staying single

Thx you :) What a nice welcome.

This is my favorite vid series on 'picking up women in bars and clubs'. There's some great info in there.

youtu.be/k7O585t10Bc

Edited by fey

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you give her a curt reply "live alone" and then not reply. You could have carried the conversation on or told her you would talk tomorrow. And then telling her to relax lol. I don't think she's being clingy, she wants someone who will make some effort for her. And even if you are dating other girls at least make her feel like she's special and that you're actually interested in her. Just my opinion smile.png.

Making an effort via text is pointless and useless. You can't connect with someone on a emotional level through that. I like doing that in person.

The OP is confusing "shyness," with being a socially inept ignoramus.

Among other things - who does he think he is posting an identifiable photo of a young lady, and private convo on this forum?

And who do you think you are insulting me? Why not just say that too my face. Oh wait you won't since this is the internet.

Quick update while I'm laying in bed feeling frustrated.

-Still using dating apps but barely kinda gave up since the limited pool of girls and low response rate.

-Have 2 clingy girls on me but I'm not really interested (1 girl called me 21 times and waited in my lobby for 2 hours).

-Cold approached 11 girls since i last posted. Got 8 numbers. 3 dates. Only talking too 1 girl after all that shit.

-Still hate clubs/bars and all the type of ppl associated with that scene. Sorry.

So basically talking too 4 girls atm. Don't feel any of them are worth it. Not sure where to go to meet girls. Maybe i should sign up for a language program or something jesus.

It feels like most of the girls are super conservative out here so the only way to date these girls are to be in their inner circle of friends. Which is not easy since i barely have any here lol.

Edited by Phunkism