IOS 9 Release Date?

tominbkk

Apple have an "event" on Wednesday evening 9th Sptember, where they are expected to announce the launch date of several new products: iPhone 6S, 6S+, new iPad Mini, maybe new iPad Pro 12", and new Apple TV.

They will probably all launch all these new products sometime in October. iOS 9 will probably be released around the same time.

Edited by phetphet

Find it hard to get excited over any more apple stuff….the magic is gone.

Fair enough, but my preordered 6S Plus will be delivered on 25 September and looking forward to receiving another great upgrade from Apple along with iOS 9. I'm testing iOS 9.1 at present and quite certain it will rock on the 6S.

Where did you order your 6S Plus? I know it's not available yet on the Thailand store. I was thinking of HKG, but pre-orders for all 6S models have already been sold out and they are not taking orders. According to Fortune, both China and HKG sold out within 12 hours of opening. Just had a look at the US Apple Store and they are now saying 4 - 6 weeks. I guess demand was stronger than expected, and you got in early!

Checked the UK Apple Store just now, and they are stating 3 - 4 weeks delivery time. So you are lucky you got in early!

I was just watching CNBC and they are saying that Apple have already sold more than 10 million iPhone 6S already, beating last year's record. I am sort of surprised, with this being a mid-cycle update. Looks like it has sort of surprised Apple as well.