Thai->english talking dictionary (cdrom)

danbo

Dear All

A couple of months ago a Thai English Talking Dictionary (CDROM) by Domnern-Sathienpong (Amarin Printing and Publishing) received a very good review in the Bangkok Post.  Does anyone know where this can be purchased in Bangkok ?

The review states that it is possible to look up words in Thai script and be able to here them pronounced "flawlessly".

T.I.A

Dan.

I have not seen that dictionary on disc, but I have seen another one around town, by So Setabut.  

I bought a copy of that dictionary in disc form when I bought a computer about a month ago, here In Bangkok. I bought it from a department store, so you could start there. I have also seen the Setabut software in book shops.

You can reach ThaiSoftware, which put it together, at [email protected] . They are also on the Net at thaisoftware.co.th .

The dictionary seems to ''speak'' only when you are on-line, by the way.

Incidentally, the people at thai-language.com have been putting together their own spoken dictionary. It is not a finished work, if you like, so some of the words you want may not be there, but it might be handy to have until you manage to find a dictionary on disc.