Beer Lao

likite

I've read a few glowing reports about beer Lao. Checked all the usual suspects but have not found a place which sells this stuff.

Any beer lovers out there who know a shop/watering hole that stocks this amber nectar.

:o

Where are you living?

With this enforcement of the Visa Law, one might consider three month in Laos, that way you could have all the Beer Lao you like and return to the Land of Smile, with a BIG smile on your face.

A friend bought a case on one of his visa run a few years ago, not bad not great :D:D:D:D:D:D:o:D

Beer Lao tastes best in Laos, overlooking the Mekong.

maybe i'm confused. happens often.

are you, as the brits say, having us on?

go to a local '7'. look in the cooler.

geez.

Geez, you are confused.

They don't sell Beer Lao in 7-11! :o

there is leo and there is lao.

one too many changs last night. sorry.

In the Bangkok forum recently there are details of an outfit that does sell it and deliver but maybe will take a dozen cases or so to move it this far North? 900baht a case quoted.

Just checked that and distribution is within Bangkok. But did say that Chiang Mai was on the list to get a supply, so I wonder has it arrived yet? mmmmmmmmmmmm :o

Below is an email from Beer lao:-

Yes Beerlao will be in Chinagmai soon.

We are a dealer of Beerlao Thailand. Now Beerlao is available in

Bangkok,

Pattaya, Samui & Phangan and will be soon in Phuket and Krabi.

We plan to distribute Beerlao especially in tourist destinations. It is

not available in Chiangmai or any province in northern part yet but

we

are discussing with local agents to stock and distribute Beerlao there

especially in Chiangmai. it may take about 2-3 months for Beerlao to

get

there but in the beginning it will be in some pubs and bars for

foreigners

only. I will let you know any more update.

If you have any more question, just send me an email.

Will update as and when. Cheers

:o:D

Fresh bottled Beer Lao is delicious. The problem the importers are having with the product being shipped to Bangkok is that they are bringing in too much at a time The 1st shipment came in May and had a made on date of March 18 (tastes fresh to about 100 days). They got the 2nd shipment in the end of July. This shipment had a June 13 date on it and this is the product still around. I was drinking the stuff religiously everyday and really enjoying it. However I have recently had to switch to UG's Heineken as the Beer Lao is tasting mighty stale and harsh cause it is out of code. This will hurt the potential of this great product as newbies to it will try it and it will taste lousy and they'll never buy it again. I hope they clear this up by shipping a month's supply at a time instead of 2 or 3

Fresh bottled Beer Lao is delicious.

I have recently had to switch to UG's Heineken as the Beer Lao is tasting mighty stale and harsh cause it is out of code. This will hurt the potential of this great product as newbies to it will try it and it will taste lousy and they'll never buy it again. I hope they clear this up by shipping a month's supply at a time instead of 2 or 3

Ah-hah. That makes sense!

The first time I tried Beer Lao a few months ago in Bangkok, I thought it was amazing, but I tried it again a few weeks ago and it was nothing special. No wonder.

Thanks Beavis AND Butthead! :o

• 11 months later...

Kurt here from Mon and Kurt's Restaurant in Chiang Dao. If anyone knows a wholesale outlet in Chiang Mai Province for Beer Lao, please let me know. We are looking for about 10 cases at a time to start with, so it doesn't get old.

I noticed that they sell it in Chiang Mai Saloon, but forgot to ask Ron where to get it.

It's by far the best beer I've tasted in Asia. I even prefer it to the German beers we sell.

Kurt here from Mon and Kurt's Restaurant in Chiang Dao. If anyone knows a wholesale outlet in Chiang Mai Province for Beer Lao, please let me know. We are looking for about 10 cases at a time to start with, so it doesn't get old.

I noticed that they sell it in Chiang Mai Saloon, but forgot to ask Ron where to get it.

It's by far the best beer I've tasted in Asia. I even prefer it to the German beers we sell.

PM this bloke http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showuser=25838

He should be able to help you. :o

A couple of places in Chiang Mai serve Beer Lao. The only one I remember offhand is Drunken Flower, Soi 1, Nimanhemin Road.

sabaijai - that was the case, it's a bit like a plague now though :o it seems to be getting everywhere, the last CM based agent did a good job of getting it set up only to lose the agency through some daft moves (rumour, gossip and heresay so apologies if incorrect but heard from several bar owners).

Good beer when fresh, hope it stays in abundance.

JxP

A couple of places in Chiang Mai serve Beer Lao. The only one I remember offhand is Drunken Flower, Soi 1, Nimanhemin Road.

sabaijai - that was the case, it's a bit like a plague now though :o it seems to be getting everywhere, the last CM based agent did a good job of getting it set up only to lose the agency through some daft moves (rumour, gossip and heresay so apologies if incorrect but heard from several bar owners).

Good beer when fresh, hope it stays in abundance.

JxP

i had a couple of them lao beer at donxua island off the golden triangle, served by a lao lady too :D they had dark beer as well.

Last walkabout few months ago I tried one in the Old Bell..L.K.rd....tasted OK ....but prefer the Heine....although seem to be getting back into Sing after a long long ... time...maybe they have dumped the Formalda..hyde..... :o