Two foreign men taken for questioning over Bangkok blasts

webfact

Two foreign men taken for questioning over Bangkok blasts
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two Indians have been taken into custody by police and troops from an apartment in Minburi after they were seen on CCTVs talking to a foreign suspect, police source said.

The two Indians, whose names were withheld, were taken away for questioning after Assistant Police Commissioner General Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thawornsiri led some 20 police and troops to search the Maimuna Garden Home apartment in Minburi at 9 pm Sunday.

The two Indians are staying in the room next to the one where police found bomb making materials. A foreigner who lived at the room and a Thai woman who rented the room for him are now wanted under arrest warrants.

The source said the two Indians were taken to a military camp for questioning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-foreign-men-taken-for-questioning-over-Bangkok-30268312.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-07

I have a feeling this military interrogation is going to be brutal..

I'd want to ask a few questions of anyone living in the same building as the bombers, too. And I'd be very pleased to offer up any information I had if I had any knowledge at all about the comings and goings of the suspects and their associates had they lived in my building. Fortunately, they didn't.

Probably going to be very polite, with smiles all around when they leave.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by impulse

The nationality of these two suspects doesn't seem to be in question - they're citizens of India. Their arrest follows the detention of an alleged Turk.

They are being detained incognito and interrogated at a military camp for alleged acts of "personal revenge" resulting in murder and injury.

Yet neither the police nor the military seem to be following any diplomatic protocol with foreign governments over detention of their citizens. Prayut's pursuit is almost vigilante-like in its haste to solve the crimes. Normal prosecutorial procedures are not being followed.

If mistaken accusations are ultimately admitted, Prayut may find himself in unnecessary G2G confrontations that could endanger the military and economic security of the nation. Prayut needs to start behaving like the leader of a nation and not like the sheriff of a posse.