Hiring A Non-thai Maid

chanchao

I'm in the process of finally getting a full time live in maid to do absolutely everything for me, like cook food, wash the car, do the garden, clean the house, walk the dog, wash my socks, etc, etc. However she's not Thai; not even a yellow ID card. I guess that means she's pretty much in the country illegally..? But she's been here all her life and speaks perfect Thai and Muang. And Shan of course (She's Shan (Thai Yai))

Can this get me into lots of trouble? Or just manageable trouble? She's not expensive, just 2500 baht a month. She's also very beautiful!!! Think "Beyonce", but then a bit shorter & cuter. :o I'm amazed my girlfriend was ok with her. So I really want to get this done, but preferably in a (semi) legal way.

Advice?

Cheers,

Chanchao

I'm in the process of finally getting a full time live in maid to do absolutely everything for me, like cook food, wash the car, do the garden, clean the house, walk the dog, wash my socks, etc, etc. However she's not Thai; not even a yellow ID card. I guess that means she's pretty much in the country illegally..? But she's been here all her life and speaks perfect Thai and Muang. And Shan of course (She's Shan (Thai Yai))

Can this get me into lots of trouble? Or just manageable trouble? She's not expensive, just 2500 baht a month. She's also very beautiful!!! Think "Beyonce", but then a bit shorter & cuter. :o I'm amazed my girlfriend was ok with her. So I really want to get this done, but preferably in a (semi) legal way.

Advice?

Cheers,

Chanchao

It won't even be close to being a semi legal situation unless she is eligible to apply for Thai citizenship. As an illegal, she runs the risk of deportation, but that situation prevails whether she works for you or not.

I am advised that you could also be taken to task for harbouring and also for employing an illegal alien.

Beware one other possible problem. If she turns out to be less than honest, you have a ###### of a problem because, if she runs off with the family jewels you can never expect to find her, and you can not contact the police because you were previously harbouring and helping her in her illegal activities, vis. as an illegal alien.

Been there & now wear the Tee shirt!!

Good luck...

If the girl is living in and has any accident or is catching attention to the local police otherwise as an illegal, you might be in big troubles....

A solution is maybe that the girl is living outside your home, just coming morning for work, going home in the evening......

Then you can argue, that you did not know, that she is an illegal one, and she just came to your home for some occasional work.

You should be careful, never let her alone in your rooms and she should not have a key for entering your house.

Otherwise you might find your furniture and other belongings on the other side of the border within some days....

I know personally such a case, where only the walls of the house were the only leftover....even the entrance door was gone...

Johann

I had many non Thai maids in the past (Burmese) without any problem.

One of them, by the way, was killed in a car accident and, surprise, the Thai police did not care,...

My two Thai neighbours have Myanmar maids without any problem.

I had a few Thai maids with many, many problems.

Does it answer your question?

I know personally such a case, where only the walls of the house were the only leftover....even the entrance door was gone...

Johann

Johann, you are absolutely correct, but than Basher got a point too:

"how good looking she is and whether she is up for much dunnit!'

I used to have a stunning leggy maid, my next door neighbour used to look at her doing my gardening from his 3rd floor - oh :o the single days - then I got married :D

If you would of seen her shoes before seeing her, you might of thought she was a he - (no eric a real lady :D - 6ft tall, 22 - ok that will do :D

A lot of the maids in Phuket are Burmese, not sure of the legality etc, but in my experience not as good.

> I had many non Thai maids in the past (Burmese) without any problem.

> One of them, by the way, was killed in a car accident and, surprise, the Thai police

> did not care,... My two Thai neighbours have Myanmar maids without any problem.

> I had a few Thai maids with many, many problems.

> Does it answer your question?

In a strange, warped kind of sense, actually yes it does. :D Combination of "Your mileage may vary", "Sh!t happens" and "This is Thailand" all rolled into one. Nice job. :o

Thanks everyone!!! I'm looking into if registering as a foreign worker is possible. Will keep everyone posted if it turns out to be a viable option.

Cheers,

Chanchao

> I had many non Thai maids in the past (Burmese) without any problem.

> One of them, by the way, was killed in a car accident and, surprise, the Thai police

> did not care,... My two Thai neighbours have Myanmar maids without any problem.

> I had a few Thai maids with many, many problems.

> Does it answer your question?

In a strange, warped kind of sense, actually yes it does. :D Combination of "Your mileage may vary", "Sh!t happens" and "This is Thailand" all rolled into one. Nice job. :o

Thanks everyone!!! I'm looking into if registering as a foreign worker is possible. Will keep everyone posted if it turns out to be a viable option.

Cheers,

Chanchao

an illegal alien being registered as a foreign worker ... is it April 1 again ?

\

> an illegal alien being registered as a foreign worker ... is it April 1 again ?

My girlfriend claims this is possible.. She should know as her parents used to employ pretty much every color in the South East Asian Chocolate Box of Tribes & Nationalities. :o

\

> an illegal alien being registered as a foreign worker ... is it April 1 again ?

My girlfriend claims this is possible.. She should know as her parents used to employ pretty much every color in the South East Asian Chocolate Box of Nationalities. :o

or get her deported.

I'm amazed my girlfriend was ok with her. So I really want to get this done, but preferably in a (semi) legal way.

Advice?

Don't! Or you may be writing about providing food rather than eating it. :o

Believe legal ramifications have recently increased also with fines in 10-20k range and being foreigner it could have even more serious consequences. The laws are being enforced.

All bring quality Australian red wine.

Penfold Grange good enough Doc? Should qualify me for twins at least? :o

I'd be more than happy to take the Grange value in Bin 389's. Bloody good drop and more fights to the case. Settle up, any have my vote for twins, and Cutey wants to watch, :D

\

My girlfriend claims this is possible.. She should know as her parents used to employ pretty much every color in the South East Asian Chocolate Box of Nationalities. :o

or get her deported.

You had no such confidence in your first posting, and your girlfriend only thought it was a good idea. What changed in such a short time ? Added a bit of lust maybe ?