Hooters Bangkok to open this month

Jonathan Fairfield

bangkokjulia

"The high food prices are more than likely required to cover the cost of augmentations."

"I'm sure you're trying to hide your disapproval of attractive Thai women under a cloak of (very weak) humour but that comment really makes you sound like the type of bitter, envious western woman we know and love so much. Have you been there?"

It certainly was tongue in cheek-to a point. I have been there, and I can speak with some authority on the subject-my sister in law works there as does three of my thai female friends. Nothing to do with attractiveness, and all to do with facts, unlike the dribble that has poured out of your mouth.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality of the food is fair to mediocre, although I had a blackened shark burger and a clam chowder and they were surprisingly pretty damn good... the curly fries, although sucked. That plus 3 absolut sodas cost me THB1200 which included 7% GST and 10% service charge

The girls must be making good money there as presumably the 10% service charge is shared amongst them. A service charge saves the awkwardness of wondering if they consider the tip you've left is enough in their eyes.

bangkokjulia

"The high food prices are more than likely required to cover the cost of augmentations."

"I'm sure you're trying to hide your disapproval of attractive Thai women under a cloak of (very weak) humour but that comment really makes you sound like the type of bitter, envious western woman we know and love so much. Have you been there?"

It certainly was tongue in cheek-to a point. I have been there, and I can speak with some authority on the subject-my sister in law works there as does three of my thai female friends. Nothing to do with attractiveness, and all to do with facts, unlike the dribble that has poured out of your mouth.

Color me confused. I saw only your comment that was tongue in cheek to a point, though I don't know what point. Of what facts are you speaking?

The category is called fast casual dining in the US. Nothing special. Average grub not really worth a premium price. You are basically paying for the atmosphere ala the Hard Rock Cafe chain.

SL

This thread is about Bangkok Hooters, not US dining for god's sake.

Geez! People were asking for a comparison and Hard Rock is a worldwide chain. Would pub grub have been better for you?

SL

Most of us Europeans haven't so kindly enlighten us.

Most of the food on the menu is of average quality at best, including their wings. The wings are prepared with a thick breading - best to order them "naked" so that only the wing itself is deep fried, sans breading. In the US, the salads are okay but tough to know if they'd be prepared with the same ingredients in Thailand (likely not).

In all instances, the food is priced at what I'd describe as "above market average", as are prices at most of the other establishments in the breastaurant category. (Google "Twin Peaks restaurant")

So you don't know anything about the price/quality in Bangkok Hooters then, right?

a. Wasn't talking to you.

b. Don't need to know about the price/quality of Bangkok Hooters just like I don't need to know about the price/quality of Bangkok McDonald's.

c. Congratulations on your self-appointment to assclown moderator status.

Hooters is one of the only American chains not to do well in Europe.
Whether this makes Europeans stupid or clever depends on your point of view.

Personally, its not a place I'd chose to spend time in - but I know others enjoy it so good luck to them and their wonderfuly enhanced girls.​​

Edited by t8769

bangkokjulia

"It certainly was tongue in cheek-to a point. I have been there, and I can speak with some authority on the subject-my sister in law works there as does three of my thai female friends. Nothing to do with attractiveness, and all to do with facts, unlike the dribble that has poured out of your mouth."

Facts? So the prices are high in Hooters, Soi 15, to cover the cost of the staff breast enhancements, that's what you're saying is a fact?

According to your logic then it follows that Hooters must pay for the girls enhancements as the money that customers pay for their food with does not go to the girls. Is that a fact, the company pays for breast enhancements for the staff? I don't think so, I'd say that it's you that was talking drivel, or if you prefer "dribble".

Edited by Alration

The category is called fast casual dining in the US. Nothing special. Average grub not really worth a premium price. You are basically paying for the atmosphere ala the Hard Rock Cafe chain.

SL

Geez! People were asking for a comparison and Hard Rock is a worldwide chain. Would pub grub have been better for you?

SL

No-one was asking for a comparison, the latter part of this thread has been about trying to find out what the actual drinks prices in Hooters, Bangkok, are. What's pub grub got to do with anything?

Most of us Europeans haven't so kindly enlighten us.

Most of the food on the menu is of average quality at best, including their wings. The wings are prepared with a thick breading - best to order them "naked" so that only the wing itself is deep fried, sans breading. In the US, the salads are okay but tough to know if they'd be prepared with the same ingredients in Thailand (likely not).

In all instances, the food is priced at what I'd describe as "above market average", as are prices at most of the other establishments in the breastaurant category. (Google "Twin Peaks restaurant")

So you don't know anything about the price/quality in Bangkok Hooters then, right?

a. Wasn't talking to you.

b. Don't need to know about the price/quality of Bangkok Hooters just like I don't need to know about the price/quality of Bangkok McDonald's.

c. Congratulations on your self-appointment to assclown moderator status.

a Don't care, but I was asking a question and you responded.

b This is about Hooters, Bangkok, so why did you post?

c I relinquish the assclown title to you, you appear to be much more deserving of it.

Edited by Alration

SL

SL

No-one was asking for a comparison, the latter part of this thread has been about trying to find out what the actual drinks prices in Hooters, Bangkok, are. What's pub grub got to do with anything?

Have you achieved the elusive happy happy with your replies yet? I know the dry days can be a bear for some, but today is back to normal so please resume to same same. biggrin.png

SL

Have you achieved the elusive happy happy with your replies yet? I know the dry days can be a bear for some, but today is back to normal so please resume to same same. biggrin.png

SL

Re-post that in English and I'll respond, maybe.

Blame gentrification. Prime real estate locations are far too dear these days.

One of the long time employees of the Nana Hotel told me Hooters signed a lease worth 20 million baht. He was not in favor of the change and described Hooters as "not special." I asked him about the future of the hotel given the recent ownership change and he replied "no one knows."

SL