extension of stay expried - options?

Hello.

I am working in Thailand. I have a US passport. My work permit has been renewed, but my extension of stay expired a few days ago. The company is waiting on getting various documents (tax, etc) that is required to renew the extension of stay. It in unclear how long it will take to receive the documents. I would guess upwards of more 10 days. I'd like to know what are my options and implications and relative ease?

1- continue to wait in Bangkok and pay a fine to immigration while the extension of stay is being process? i think the fine is 500 baht per day? at what point will this be viewed negatively on my passport.

2- leave Bangkok, pay the overstay fine and re-enter with a tourist visa. change the tourist visa into a B visa and then get an extension of stay. I understand if i arrive via land i will get only 15 days while via air 30 days? Is Burma (Htee Khee) the closest or Poipet?

3- leave Bangkok, pay the overstay and go to a Thai Consulate to apply for a B visa. Reenter with a B visa and get an extension of stay. What is the current closest and least hassle place to do this?

4- not sure if there's another option?

Any advice, opinions, recommendations appreciated.

Thank you

Perhaps you're confusing getting a visa with entering visa exempt which is 30 days if you fly in. You could actually repeat that if you choose to.

Wait for someone who knows more about options than I do. I posted only so that you know that you can just fly out and back (after paying the overstay) and get 30 days visa exempt with that US passport.

Cheers.

Seems the "company " has let you down .

Will they pay the overstay which is racking up at 500 Bht a day ?

You have limited options

A .Applying for a new B visa is dependent on the company providing a full set of documentation.

B. Converting a tourist visa to a B visa also requires that the company provide documentation and evidence that an extension can be successfully applied for.

A serious discussion with the "Company" is perhaps needed.

It seems you have probably reached the point where immigration might refuse to accept an application for an extension now.

Your best option now would be to leave the country, pay the overstay fine on the way out and then go to an embassy or consulate to get a single entry non-b visa.

Hello,

2 You can get 30 days if you enter Thailand by land because you have a US passport

(one of the G7 countries)

http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa%20on%20Arrival/VOA_25_08_58.pdf

3. You should go to the Thai Embassy in Vientiane or the Consulate in Savannakhet

(both in Laos) for your visa. Savannakhet should be easier and better than Vientiane.

Can I ask you one question now?

Why don't your Nob-B extension and WP expire on the same day? Mine do, though.

It seems you have probably reached the point where immigration might refuse to accept an application for an extension now.

Your best option now would be to leave the country, pay the overstay fine on the way out and then go to an embassy or consulate to get a single entry non-b visa.

No his best option is for his employer to get all the required documents ASAP to apply for an extension and present these at immigration.

It's likely immigration will just fine him the overstay with a mark in his passport and then issue the extension of stay. This is typically what the BOI one stop center do.

Edited by Time Traveller