Conservative Thai actress accuses Redshirt of sabotaging her image

webfact

As Jayboy said, she has all the legal rights to seek legal redress, but doubt that would save her image especially from the Reds, Thaksin supporters and those who support democracy. She is big PDRC supporter, notable for her anti-Thaksin views and recently lashed out at the 3 fingered salute. Even if she win the case, her image will be etched by the actions she took.

"Even if she win the case, her image will be etched by the actions she took."

Yep. Make yer bed, lie in it.

If what you wrote is true, she doesn't seem to be a towering intellect.

As Jayboy said, she has all the legal rights to seek legal redress, but doubt that would save her image especially from the Reds, Thaksin supporters and those who support democracy. She is big PDRC supporter, notable for her anti-Thaksin views and recently lashed out at the 3 fingered salute. Even if she win the case, her image will be etched by the actions she took.

So you agree, making something up to deliberately tarnish someone's image is acceptable if they happen to hold a different political opinion to you?

"Even if she win the case, her image will be etched by the actions she took."

Yep. Make yer bed, lie in it.

If what you wrote is true, she doesn't seem to be a towering intellect.

That's right Jon, make a comment to imply she can't be clever, even though you have no idea, because she doesn't support Thaksin.

We see your unique qualification now.

Very interesting. It seems she is indeed a yellow-shirt - but she admitted that already.

So I take it that in your clumsy attempt to slander her image with unrelated bumf, you too think it is OK that some red-shirt posted lies in her name do you ?.

You people are a class act.

Opinion of red shirts = unchanged.

Not to worry, I'm sure that if pressed many, not just "red shirts" would take an equally jaundiced view of your opinions!

Very interesting. It seems she is indeed a yellow-shirt - but she admitted that already.

So I take it that in your clumsy attempt to slander her image with unrelated bumf, you too think it is OK that some red-shirt posted lies in her name do you ?.

You people are a class act.

Opinion of red shirts = unchanged.

Not at all. These are all articles containing her name directly. She went on stage with the yellow shirt.

Doesn't mean she's the devil, but provides some context at least. Yingluk govt banned one of her soap operas. Adds a bit more context.

It's not as though some weirdo red shirt guy just slandered a random actress.

Of course you might know who she is, but alas I don't follow Thai soap operas since reality is so much more entertaining....

Well, to be frank, if she's been on Thai soaps then she's probably a shrieking, caterwauling bimbo anyway. Her husband should consider straightening her out. Foot up the Jaxxie or something.

Still, EnglishJohn seems to like her...

So let's see Jon. You have never met this lady, or her husband, but think, based on her political views, which differ somewhat from yours, she must be a "bimbo"

You also advocate marital violence, and suggest a husband should physically abuse his wife to control her. Perhaps he doesn't support matrimonial violence as you advocate and happens to respect her views?

Calm down, Stop getting all worked up and lashing out inappropriate comments and insults when desperately trying to defend Thaksin, the Shins and their political vehicle. You show your unique qualifications every time you do.

And, this style, of attacking and reviling anyone who doesn't love and accept the Shin BS. So reminiscent.

Now actors/esses are jumping on the defamation band wagon.

Just waiting for the bimbo actress who ran into a parked police car killing him, refusing to be interviewed and sh#@ing herself at the accident scene to sue the deceased for parking in a position where her reputation has been harmed because she ran into him.

She has every right to sue for defamation if what is being attributed to her is a falsification.

The above is attached to the first sentence in your post. The second paragraph left me scratching my head.

Indeed, she has every right. Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative.

I suspect she's making a play for the sympathy vote and a bit of free publicity. The latter seems to have worked already. Good luck with the former it you've ever been in a Thai production.

I see, so according to your logic she has to prove she didn't say it???

I'd think it should be the other way around, the accuser has to prove that she said what he is attributing to her.

Just waiting for the bimbo actress who ran into a parked police car killing him, refusing to be interviewed and sh#@ing herself at the accident scene to sue the deceased for parking in a position where her reputation has been harmed because she ran into him.

She has every right to sue for defamation if what is being attributed to her is a falsification.

The above is attached to the first sentence in your post. The second paragraph left me scratching my head.

Indeed, she has every right. Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative.

I suspect she's making a play for the sympathy vote and a bit of free publicity. The latter seems to have worked already. Good luck with the former it you've ever been in a Thai production.

I'd think it should be the other way around, the accuser has to prove that she said what he is attributing to her.

"I see, so according to your logic she has to prove she didn't say it??? "

Non-sequitur diversion - ignored.

"I'd think it should be the other way around, the accuser has to prove that she said what he is attributing to her."

Check out the libel law in Thailand, it should be good entertainment, but yes, that would be the usual thing in civilised countries or countries where the law actually works.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Posts of a trolling nature have been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

"I'd think it should be the other way around, the accuser has to prove that she said what he is attributing to her."

Check out the libel law in Thailand, it should be good entertainment, but yes, that would be the usual thing in civilised countries or countries where the law actually works.

If you're so smart how come you get it so wrong, completely backwards? You wrote:

"Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative."

The libel laws of Thailand makes it possible for her to sue him for defamation, even if she said what he's claiming!

If you're so smart how come you get it so wrong, completely backwards? You wrote:

"Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative."

The libel laws of Thailand makes it possible for her to sue him for defamation, even if she said what he's claiming!

Well, the fist comment I could decipher from this mess of a post - the one about can't prove a negative, is correct, you can't. The second comment wasn't one of mine.

Was there something else?

Edited by Jon Wetherall

"The movie that I make is for educated people with class," it said. "Its not for low class people, especially northeasterners and the Redshirts. From a celebrity who supports PCAD and NCPO, Sinjai.

I think the sentence says everything and she is just another elite that loves to divide the country of course she mentioned the people of Isaan but not the Northern Thais. I remember her from Air America but she has nothing to do with a conservative actor accept for one movie "The Legend of Suriyothai".

Her hubby seems to be very successful as an actor in Thailand.

Ha ha Read the Op again

She never said that. That is what the Moron that posted her pic said that she said. That is why she is going to sue him.

Gosh some people

Even if she did say it she can still have him for defamation, this is Thailand and therefore ridiculous.

Thai laws dealing with libel and slander aren't concerned with truth and falsehood... it is the intent to defame that must be proven.

It's proving damage which is the issue. Truth that causes damage is still damage....

I can't help thinking that whatever the rights and wrongs of this . she would have been better just holding a press conference and simply saying she did not say what was alleged (if indeed she didn't) or that it was taken out of context.

I think she would have got a lot more sympathy and support, and the alleged defamer would have been at least partially on the back foot.

Of course it would only work if what was said was untrue. Unhappily, too many people use the libel laws to silence others, whether or not they spoke the truth..

Edited by Jon Wetherall

"The movie that I make is for educated people with class," it said. "Its not for low class people, especially northeasterners and the Redshirts. From a celebrity who supports PCAD and NCPO, Sinjai.

I think the sentence says everything and she is just another elite that loves to divide the country of course she mentioned the people of Isaan but not the Northern Thais. I remember her from Air America but she has nothing to do with a conservative actor accept for one movie "The Legend of Suriyothai".

Her hubby seems to be very successful as an actor in Thailand.

Politics and religion should be kept private when ur a celeb or you loose fans.