Thai police chief asks PM Prayut to clean up the immigration police bureau

webfact

Here he is the most corrupt division of Thailand playing super hero LOL... My tongue must stay tight here but we all know the truth in regards to these breed of people.

RTP what a rep they have made worldwide you only need to get a Embassy report from your country " Say no more "

Now his playing superman in BKK city.. Everything they acquired was work of local citizens and even then they kept bthe reward money

I have no regard at all of thought for thiskind of Khun

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still the chief , isn't he... well he should sure get punishment if all what he accused the officers of is true .......

If not, its a precedent and also prime ministers can not be held responsible for happened behind their back.

So bring him in, after all he's responsible.

lordy are you simple ? responsibility must be held by the ministers , fire there ass for not their job . that's what they get the bigger bucks for , scheeeeese .....

To paraphrase William Shakespeare ..." What do you call 2000

Thai politicians, police, PM, other High Officials at the bottom

Of the ocean"?.... A good start!!

I think Mr Shakespeare, were he alive today, would take offense at that comment.

Danny De Vito is credited with that "lawyers" joke in War of the Roses, which is a very tenuous link with Henry VI and Richard III

Complains about extortions of billions of Baht in the last years of tourist and expats and no one cared. Congratulation clap2.gif But now they want to clean up. But anyway these people entered with false passports... I dont think that it was really Immigration blame if someone entered with good forged passport. Happens daily around the globe....

That's not what happened. Uighur militants entered Thailand without any passport, by paying a bribe of about 18,000 baht for each entry. While in Thailand, they were able to obtain fake Turkish passports which had been provided by ISIL. It is estimated that 50,000 Uihgurs have passed through Thailand in this manner. Thailand was both a safe haven for terrorists, and a hub for ISIL's trafficking of its militants.

And your source for this knowledge is ...? Why couldn't the passports have come from ISI, the Pakistani intelligence service, or MIT, the Turkish Intelligence Service? The Turks support ISIL. Heck, the Saudi government used to support them and many rich Saudis still do. You think Prince Bandar could have got his hands on some poor quality fake Turkish passports? The number 50,000 seems impossible. I could credit maybe 500 a year. ISIL first appeared in April 2013 in Syria. I see the Uighur are Sunni, so it's not impossible they could accept the extreme salafist Wahhabi Islam demanded by ISIL, but haven't heard that it's particularly attractive to them. Are they hoping for assistance in their struggle against the Han? Seems very unlikely. I can''t say you're completely wrong, but your story isn't very convincing.

Edited by Acharn

It's too early to say who supplied the passports... That would be an investigation in itself...

If it was the mit or isi or another secret agency the passports should have been Hi quality but it seems they were amateur mistakes in the date of birth on one of them...

It will take time to cross reference the witness statements vs the evidence I imagine and if the witness doesn't admit where he got them... The truth might never be confirmed 100%

Complains about extortions of billions of Baht in the last years of tourist and expats and no one cared. Congratulation clap2.gif But now they want to clean up. But anyway these people entered with false passports... I dont think that it was really Immigration blame if someone entered with good forged passport. Happens daily around the globe....

That's not what happened. Uighur militants entered Thailand without any passport, by paying a bribe of about 18,000 baht for each entry. While in Thailand, they were able to obtain fake Turkish passports which had been provided by ISIL. It is estimated that 50,000 Uihgurs have passed through Thailand in this manner. Thailand was both a safe haven for terrorists, and a hub for ISIL's trafficking of its militants.

And the source of this information please?

Police chief: Ratchaprasong bomber bribed immigration officials

BANGKOK, 10 September 2015 (NNT) – Royal Thai Police Commissioner-General Somyot Poompunmuang said on Wednesday Ratchaprasong bombing suspect Yusufu Mieraili was able to pass through the immigration point at the border in Sa Kaeo province 4-5 times by bribing the immigration police officials there.

According to Police General Somyot, he will be submitting a report about the officials' wrongdoing directly to Prime Minister and NCPO chief Prayut Chan-o-cha so the latter can proceed with 'overhauling' immigration points throughout the country. The outgoing police chief noted that he would be tackling the matter himself if his term was not coming to an end due to his reaching retirement age.

Pol. Gen. Somyot said officials at the Immigration Police Bureau have been warned to make improvements on many occasions but no changes have come about resulting in the Ratchaprasong bombing incident, which has made drastic measures necessary.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2015-09-10 footer_n.gif

A bullet to the back of the head Chinese-style would slow that crap down - but never happen.

ps - I've just reviewed this thread and who's posting on it. Two people who have used the grease system are crying foul. That's two that I know of - I don't know you all.

Hypocritical and hilarious in equal measure.

Well none of them are me as I do my own retirement extensions down at Nakhon Sawan where (Ripleys) believe it or not the front off ice is staffed entirely by Thai ladies and they are all farang friendly.

I do admit to a little bribery as after the extension was granted I gave all the ladies 2 x3 packs of Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

This will be a big mess to clean up......took months for the lottery, but the value of fraudulent money that changes hands in Immigration is massive........... can't see any quick fix for this lot!

References Sources ??? please....

This news is a bit worrying for folks over 50 who use an agent to get a non imm. visa. It's a well known fact that if you pay 20000 baht to the agent you'll get the visa without having 800k in the bank. If they start a crack down on agents a lot of retired people on low pensions could face some serious problems.

Correct.

This is a sickening thread for many people to read this morning.

You mean the law-breaking farang enablers of Thai corruption.

Yes, I really feel sorry for those guys...

This will be a big mess to clean up......took months for the lottery, but the value of fraudulent money that changes hands in Immigration is massive........... can't see any quick fix for this lot!

References Sources ??? please....

Every fake language school and visa " help agency" is paying big bucks to the immigration authorities to get the passports stamped without hassle...

The police chief says its around 2 million a day, it's probably more in reality if undocumented people are paying 21k to cross over Thai borders..

This is a huge industry... It will not easily be stopped overnight and the officials will not accept there meagre official salaries as they pay their way in which is a large investment to even get the position in the first place...

I'm sure they drive expensive cars and nice luxury houses or condos which they won't be able to upkeep the lifestyle if the river of dirty money stops flowing etc..

DISGUSTING.

So basically Immigration has blood on its hands.

20 dead from the direct result of corruption!!

Utterly, utterly disgusting.

There should be a complete overhaul of Immigration from the chief right on down.

Jail time for the lot of them.

Be careful for what you wish for. It may come back to bite you in the butt assuming you aren't Thai.

First stop Chiang Mai I hope,thought it would be an improvement

when they opened the new office,but its a right mess,with everything

pushing you to use agents.

regards worgeordie

Yep, this is very necessary indeed.

Come again? The police chief accusing other departments of corruption and abuse of authority? You just can't make this crap up!

Old saying. "People should not throw stones in glass houses" Clean up your own shit as well. Not having a go at the poster but Police in general.

Edited by duckmandon

First stop Chiang Mai I hope,thought it would be an improvement

when they opened the new office,but its a right mess,with everything

pushing you to use agents.

regards worgeordie

Yep, this is very necessary indeed.

Extremely necessary and priority #1

BANGKOK, 10 September 2015 (NNT) – Royal Thai Police Commissioner-General Somyot Poompunmuang said on Wednesday Ratchaprasong bombing suspect Yusufu Mieraili was able to pass through the immigration point at the border in Sa Kaeo province 4-5 times by bribing the immigration police officials there.

According to Police General Somyot, he will be submitting a report about the officials' wrongdoing directly to Prime Minister and NCPO chief Prayut Chan-o-cha so the latter can proceed with 'overhauling' immigration points throughout the country. The outgoing police chief noted that he would be tackling the matter himself if his term was not coming to an end due to his reaching retirement age.

Pol. Gen. Somyot said officials at the Immigration Police Bureau have been warned to make improvements on many occasions but no changes have come about resulting in the Ratchaprasong bombing incident, which has made drastic measures necessary.

nntlogo.jpg

A bullet to the back of the head Chinese-style would slow that crap down - but never happen.

Oh, I'm sure it happens on a regular basis but not to those who deserve it.

Me thinks the Chief of Police should worry about the corruption within his own durisdition as it is damaging Thailand easily a thousand times more than any corruption at the Immigration Police.... at least when someone pays the Immigration Police they have a choice and they get something for their money.... more than can be said for his lot.

The problem is that people that don't pay bribes have to suffer with longer waiting times or being inconvenienced to the point where they have no choice but to pay a bribe

He is still the chief , isn't he... well he should sure get punishment if all what he accused the officers of is true .......

If not, its a precedent and also prime ministers can not be held responsible for happened behind their back.

So bring him in, after all he's responsible.

The way it usually works (at least in pathum thani) , is the bottom ladder guys will be be transferred or if anyone higher than mediocre it will be because someone is pissed off at them...

This is a complete damage limitation exercises as they know the fact the terrorists bribed their way through immigration will be thoroughly examined by everyone so a few heads should roll asap...

As if this doesn't happen everyday anyway... But this time the whole world is watching so they have to pretend they're not knuckle heads...... Good luck :)

And it is known as "NOT moving the nation forward".

nntlogo.jpg

Typical warning.

If you are caught behaving badly you will he faced with the following:

1. If you are low enough on the totem pole, you could lose your job, as we like to use underlings to set an example.

2. More than likely you may face a 1,000 baht fine.

3. You may be transferred to another post with fill salary and benefits.

4. Your wrist may be slapped and you may be given a stern lecture.

5. In the extreme event of helping a terrorist, you may be prosecuted, to set an example. But, more than likely you will only face a suspended sentence, as it is very easy for the officials to find a weak judge. There are thousands of them.