Thai police chief asks PM Prayut to clean up the immigration police bureau

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait....isn't it HIS job?

Doesn't matter, a crack down or two, a few moves to inactive posts then everything will be back to back handkng normal.

^^^

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

[aloud]

Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

First stop Chiang Mai I hope,thought it would be an improvement

when they opened the new office,but its a right mess,with everything

pushing you to use agents.

regards worgeordie

On the surface it may look like an inept move but pause and think. The agent besides the immigration office is now raising prices. Its time to round up us little doggies.

First stop Chiang Mai I hope,thought it would be an improvement

when they opened the new office,but its a right mess,with everything

pushing you to use agents.

regards worgeordie

Maybe things are not as inept as they appear on the surface. I heard that the visa office beside immigration is upping their rates. Maybe its time to round up all those little confused upset discouraged expat doggies.

I think a llot of the faux outrage is a category error,

I understand folks in other countries assume the guys with badges medals etc are the white hats,Americans and other violent sewers like RSA , Colobmia Mexico know otherwise.

In a country where you can drag folks down the main street to their death with impunity there is no justice

The Immigrant Department is directly run under the police. Sorry to say but this is a farce and a blame game.

The Thai Immigration Bureau is under the command of the Royal Thai Police with the head of it been Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuang. I just wonder how Somyot got that rich but for the moment he is well protected. Somyot accuses the Sakda Choenpakdee that the immigration officials are taking in daily bribes of around 1.8 million Baht.

This amount might be high to some but it is peanuts compared to what the Police chiefs of each station are taking in such as Thonglor (Soi Cowboy) and Lumpini (Soi Nana and Patpong) and lets not even talk about Pattaya. Every day a delivery of 10 million Baht is send from Pattaya police to Bangkok police HQ not far from the Erawan bombing. They now use GPS tracking as two cops decided 1 1/2 years ago to run with the money to Cambodia. I know the American guy that sold them the GPS devices.

I think it is high time for Somyot to show where his wealth came from and how much did be bribed himself up. For the time he is on the save side but once a new government is installed he will ahve to do some explaining to do.

Insane a public servant in a third world country can have over 700m thb in his bank account

Same goes for the general, take an audit if your money is legit.... Will never happen

Surprising if any do not recoup their investment, position leverage is a career.Players in slow countries do not understand Thai way yet happy to live here in unregulated lawless slum rather than PC nanny states with their taxes ,crash helmets land taxes etc

Is it remotely possible that one day someone in authority will take responsibility for there actions or department they control.

Really how hard is it for people that are in charge are just that. A joke and nothing will change till someone puts there balls on the line and preferably the guy at the top to set the example. I'm not holding my breath! In most of the world you get rewarded for your competence in Thailand it seems you get rewarded for your position !! Earn it you jerks! If I was not retiring I would sort it out. Yeah right like how long as it taken you good sir to revoke Thaksins police position ! And you still haven't done it ..

I know its a small point, but , recently I was obtaining a non o based on retirement. Anyway because I exit so often I needed a non o and a multi reentry and then apply bkk for extension 50 days later (,early because of travel)

I was planning ahead and approached manager of my condo for the "proof of where you live"

She gave me a cell number ....UK guy turned out to be a visa agent. It was weekend and I was flying out Tuesday.

I was to meet his rep bkk imm and I would get the non o and cop this ...also the extension and multi reentry. 15000baht.

It wasn't such a bad deal because I had to go to Vientiane non o and get a multi permit then down track bkk imm for extension and another multi. Funds ain't short so ripper deal.

I decided follow the rules and went to Vientiane myself.

What's with "agents" being able to facilitate this?

I acknowledge vast improvements in Immigration, but I wish that Thai Immigration officers would have more respect for those of us who abide by the Thai immigration laws.I know their job is tedious but we are the ones respecting their laws.

The Immigrant Department is directly run under the police. Sorry to say but this is a farce and a blame game.

The Thai Immigration Bureau is under the command of the Royal Thai Police with the head of it been Pol Gen Somyot Poompanmuang. I just wonder how Somyot got that rich but for the moment he is well protected. Somyot accuses the Sakda Choenpakdee that the immigration officials are taking in daily bribes of around 1.8 million Baht.

This amount might be high to some but it is peanuts compared to what the Police chiefs of each station are taking in such as Thonglor (Soi Cowboy) and Lumpini (Soi Nana and Patpong) and lets not even talk about Pattaya. Every day a delivery of 10 million Baht is send from Pattaya police to Bangkok police HQ not far from the Erawan bombing. They now use GPS tracking as two cops decided 1 1/2 years ago to run with the money to Cambodia. I know the American guy that sold them the GPS devices.

I think it is high time for Somyot to show where his wealth came from and how much did be bribed himself up. For the time he is on the save side but once a new government is installed he will ahve to do some explaining to do.

Somyot was "installed" under prayut,

They both are extremely wealthy, coincidence I know

Some counts place their 'declared" assets to be not far from a billion thb

Upwards of 700,000,000+ thb anyway

Police and army starting salary is 8500-12,000

Unlikely they are in the same league as mr T and his billions fortune but does it really matter?

Of course Thaksin corruption is on a Completely different level but the way I see it we should hang all crooked officials... people like Thaksin who have only "stolen" several billion $ are as guilty as anyone else who takes 10. 50,100k bribes..

"Of course Thaksin corruption is on a Completely different level but the way I see it we should hang all crooked officials..."

Oh no, you got it all wrong!! Original sin, corruption and nepotism all originated with Thaksin, so as soon as the Shins are pacified everything will be roses!! Don't listen to those who say that this is just the old snouts wanting back in the trough, they're just paid by the bogeyman in Dubai!

I know I am a bit of a cynic, so I wonder if the headline is in fact 'Police chief ordered to ask the prime minister to clean up the immigration police bureau'...

Can't see how or who could order him to do this, it is a fact they do need a good clean up/out.

I know its a small point, but , recently I was obtaining a non o based on retirement. Anyway because I exit so often I needed a non o and a multi reentry and then apply bkk for extension 50 days later (,early because of travel)

I was planning ahead and approached manager of my condo for the "proof of where you live"

She gave me a cell number ....UK guy turned out to be a visa agent. It was weekend and I was flying out Tuesday.

I was to meet his rep bkk imm and I would get the non o and cop this ...also the extension and multi reentry. 15000baht.

It wasn't such a bad deal because I had to go to Vientiane non o and get a multi permit then down track bkk imm for extension and another multi. Funds ain't short so ripper deal.

"What's with "agents" being able to facilitate this?"

post-9891-0-21488300-1441937318_thumb.jp

They have always been able to do this

I can remember an old scam where we gave our passports and some cash to a guy

Who went to Cambodia and he would call us at night time to pick up the passports with the new visa stamp, without having to waste a day in a minivan

Another time we were asked if we want "express service" because there was a lot of people waiting in the line at the border, everyone said YES and paid extra 1000 and the bus driver went up to the front of the line and we got all of our passports stamped out and then back in

Very convenient indeed

They have always been able to do this

I can remember an old scam where we gave our passports and some cash to a guy

Who went to Cambodia and he would call us at night time to pick up the passports with the new visa stamp, without having to waste a day in a minivan

Another time we were asked if we want "express service" because there was a lot of people waiting in the line at the border, everyone said YES and paid extra 1000 and the bus driver went up to the front of the line and we got all of our passports stamped out and then back in

Very convenient indeed

Did not they completely reform the entire police forced when Prayuth came to power anyway?

The cut and few heads to make headlines, but bottom line is nothing has changed.

"Did not they completely reform the entire police forced when Prayuth came to power anyway?"

No, he graciously decided to leave that to the "next government" and wisely decided to concentrate on worthier causes like the lottery reform

To compensate the loss the new improvement from Immigration department might be as follows

1. Change 90 days reporting to 7 days reporting to all foreigners. Fine 500 baht per day if miss.

2. Raise the fee of the extensions from 1900b to 19000b

Pays all the mess they did. You can thank me in advance if this is going to happen. :D

Sorry, are you one of the delivery guys? Otherwise, how would you know how much money is transferred?

best one yet, the POLICE CHIEF asking the PRIME MINISTER to do his job for him, my first job as P.M. would be to sack him for incompitance, why is it left up to the PM, that is why you delegate, well perhaps not. just get on and do your dam job properly