Good LED TV Repair man in Pattaya

Oink

We have a high end Samsung 55' 3D TV. The screen has gone dark in the top left hand corner. From researching the internet it would appear that it is probably a backlight problem.

Had Samsung service out this afternoon. Told us we need to replace the screen at a cost of Baht 32,000

So as they say in the medical profession, we would like to get a second opinion as there are many comments on the net about just having to replace capacitors or LED controllers.

Attached shows blank screen as it is clearer to see than with a picture.

Thanks

Oink

post-112523-0-73583300-1441884738_thumb.

About half way between Sukhumvit and Thappraya roads on Thepprasit road is a TV repair shop. It is almost right across the street from the 7/11 that has a gas station. It is a small shop, so you really have to look for the “TV Repair” sign.

I have used him twice, and he has done a good job both times. The owner speaks a little English and will even pickup your TV, of course that depends on where you live.

We had one black line across the screen on our old TV. A nice high end Samsung. Then another showed up, then a few more. Took it into Numchai and they said best to just buy a new one. Hated to do it, but it was 3 years old and prices had fallen dramatically. So...bit the bullet and bought a new one...for not much more than the repair would have cost.

Sucks, but what can you do.

We also have problems on our Samsung plasma TV, vertical lines on the left side.

Less than 2 years old, disappointing.

Thankfully it was fairly cheap at 25k baht but I would have expected more from a Samsung so never again that brand for us.

It seems problems can quick develop on an expensive model as on a cheaper one.

So as craigt3365 said, replace it when it goes bad.

I will also never buy the expensive models as it's eye watering to shell out big money each 2-5 years on a TV and also the ever ongoing developments make them obsolete 1-2 year after purchasing.

• 2 years later...

I am making a painful experience with Samsung, again after aircon troubles, now with TV.

15 months ago bought a Top TV, and now it shows only coloured stripes.

Calling Samsung service, first question is about warranty, as usual.

Then quick remote diagnosis "new screen - expensive". The tone on the phone was much suggesting to buy a new unit.

After insisting, they came to the house, quick diagnosis: "new screen, will send quotation". Suggestion of probably a pc board  problem was dismissed, as the sound is still working (?????).

I have the strong feeling they simply suggest the most expensive item. They will make enough profit to cover any other cheaper item, in case that turns up to be the real culprit.

Real troubleshooting is not their thing, does not make enough money.

And that after 15 months! Disgusting!

I am not the first one experiencing a shit service from this brand.

Samsung - never ever again!

IMG_5360.JPG.03665aa727daa35bfe38094337460728.JPG

My Samsung phone developed a battery fault during the warranty period and their local service centre fixed it promptly for no charge. They also replaced another part that I didnt know was faulty. So nothing to complain about there.

And my high-end Samsung TV has worked just fine every day for the last 6+ years. Nothing to complain about there either.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 4:09 AM, billaaa777 said:

About half way between Sukhumvit and Thappraya roads on Thepprasit road is a TV repair shop. It is almost right across the street from the 7/11 that has a gas station. It is a small shop, so you really have to look for the “TV Repair” sign.

I have used him twice, and he has done a good job both times. The owner speaks a little English and will even pickup your TV, of course that depends on where you live.

Thanks for that information.

I will be picking up my 55 inch Sony from Numnuts tomorrow & taking it to this shop.

It is 20 Months old, cost 40,000 to buy & they want 35,000 to repair the screen.... forget it.

As someone else has stated in this subject, I will also be buying a TCL with a 3 year warranty for less than 1/2 that cost.

I also had a Samsung that they wanted 14,000 to repair, I gave it to our Thai labour & they got it fixed for 2,000 in a small Thai repair shop.

No more expensive appliances in Thailand for me again....

guess what I did?

on recommendation by others as well, went to Numchai and bought a 65" TCL! At a fraction of the price of the <deleted> up Samsung and good picture quality.

In the reviews, they praise this unit for best price/quality ratio.

TCL seems to be coming up, maybe easy to capitalize on the arrogance of the "established" brands.

BTW, Numchai said, they do not repair Samsungs, but bring them to the official Samsung service.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, DrTuner said:

I've solved this problem by not buying Samsung, had too many break the second the warranty ran out. TCL has proven to be good, surprisingly. You can probably get two of them for that 32k baht, 55" isn't big anymore.

And TCL TVs come with a 3 year warranty  :smile:

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, DrTuner said:

TCL has proven to be good, surprisingly. You can probably get two of them for that 32k baht, 55" isn't big anymore.

You won ! :tongue:

I saw tonight in BigC: TCL Smart TV 55" UHD 4K : 14'990 B

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, ckry said:

guess what I did?

on recommendation by others as well, went to Numchai and bought a 65" TCL! At a fraction of the price of the <deleted> up Samsung and good picture quality.

In the reviews, they praise this unit for best price/quality ratio.

TCL seems to be coming up, maybe easy to capitalize on the arrogance of the "established" brands.

BTW, Numchai said, they do not repair Samsungs, but bring them to the official Samsung service.

My 55 inch Sony was quoted at 35,000 to fix at Numchai.

I took it to another repairer who quoted 13,000 to fix.

Guess what, both companies took it to Sony for the repair cost as only they have the parts.

Numnuts are a rip off of the highest order.

The real lesson is to always buy the extra insurance.

Numchai charge 7% of the purchase price.

Power Buy charge 8.5%

Archived