Thai blast mastermind left Dhaka after 2 weeks

webfact

BANGKOK BLAST
Thai blast mastermind left Dhaka after 2 weeks

Star Online Report

BANGKOK: -- The mastermind behind the fatal bomb blast in Bangkok had arrived in Bangladesh a day before the August 17 blast and left for China after two weeks, police said today.

An official at the police headquarters made the disclosure in the evening hours after Interpol sent it a notice upon request by Thai police seeking help to locate Abdulrahman alias Abdus Sattar or Izan who arrived in Bangladesh on a Chinese passport.

"We received a message from Thai police around 4:00pm. We have verified the message and found that the man flew to Dhaka in a Biman flight from Bangkok on August 16. He landed at the airport in Dhaka around 3:30pm," Assistant Inspector General (Media) Nazrul Islam told The Daily Star.

"We have also found that the man left Dhaka for Beijing on August 30 in a Jet Airways flight at 10:00am," he said.

He added that they have already informed Thai authorities about the development.

Asked about Izan's whereabouts during his stay in Bangladesh, Nazrul said, "This is part of our ongoing intelligence activity and I have limitation to disclose the information right now. We'll disclose it later on."

Earlier yesterday, Bangkok English daily The Nation reported about Thai police request for cooperation from Dhaka through Interpol after investigations indicated that the mastermind behind the blast at the Erawan Shrine fled to Dhaka. Police in Bangladesh could not confirm the Interpol request on that day.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Thai-blast-mastermind-left-Dhaka-after-2-weeks-30268575.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-11

Given the ease of access the 'cell' had at acquiring fake passports, it's anyone's guess who entered which country, when and how and when they left.

International cat and mouse game, exacerbated due to Thailand's corrupt officials who allowed these terrorists to come and go as they pleased for a few baht bribe.

"This is part of our ongoing intelligence activity and I have limitation to disclose the information right now. We'll disclose it later on."

= no clue.

How can you possibly know what Interpol knows and doesn't know?

Sorry. I wasn't referring to what Interpol knows. I should have been more clear.

I was referring to the point about disclosing the fact that they'll disclose something later on because they can't disclose anything right now = no clue.

So the mastermind of killing Chinese people ran to China? Not the best hiding place. He had a fortnight to dig in there. I suppose Chinese police will get to him soon. Then perhaps the motive of the bombing will finally be made clear.

The motive's as plain as the nose on your face despite you junta groupies wishfully thinking "Redshirts". Think instead "Turkey/China" and you may arrive at a more logical conclusion.

"This is part of our ongoing intelligence activity and I have limitation to disclose the information right now. We'll disclose it later on."

= no clue.

What a clueless remark. It is common sense that no one is going to discuss an active investigation. That only happens in Thailand where the Police give plenty of warning to Perpatrators.

Blame any one except a Thai-by the way who did the suspect bribe?

Good point. That guy deserves to be in chains, paraded in front of the media in his police uniform (minus badge) and forced to re-enact his crime.

Perhaps we could have another triumphant parade down Ratchadamnoen Avenue, with all corrupt immigration officials tied up and handcuffed on horseback. Will be a long, long parade...

= no clue.

If it was Thai officials making such a statement, I might agree with you. However, in the rest of the world, giving out details about an ongoing investigation is NOT something that is done, as it could give the criminals a heads up.

Blame any one except a Thai-by the way who did the suspect bribe?

Good point. That guy deserves to be in chains, paraded in front of the media in his police uniform (minus badge) and forced to re-enact his crime.

Perhaps we could have another triumphant parade down Ratchadamnoen Avenue, with all corrupt immigration officials tied up and handcuffed on horseback. Will be a long, long parade...

Won't happen. A few transfers, some inactive posts filled. Then Thai logic will kick in. Maybe all foreigners here bribed their way in, or don't really meet the requirements of their visa or extension. Hmmm better have a crack down on them.

"We have also found that the man left Dhaka for Beijing on August 30 in a Jet Airways flight at 10:00am," he said.

Hmmmm.

Jet Airways does not fly from Dhaka to Beijing. Jet Airways flys to Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Aug 30 was a Sunday. There is a 10:10 flight to Delhi on Sundays. There is no morning flight to the other 2 places.

So if he left on Jet Airways he went to Delhi.

From Delhi, Jet Airways does not fly to Beijing.

He would have to transfer to China Eastern or China Southern to get to Beijing either non-stop or 1-stop.

And.....why would a guy connected to Uighurs go to Beijing?

coffee1.gif

P.S. Oh my God! There is a flight from Delhi to Dubai every evening. But, but, but....

Edited by phoenixdoglover

= no clue.

To their credit the BIB have been making progress maybe because of the direct help from others. I think they are finding the cure for their loose lips policy of the past. They have been unusually quiet of late which is a good thing?. If China does capture this guy they could the .25 cent bullet answer instead of going through all the paperwork to bring him back here. That is one of the few things that I feel we should adopt from China. The increase in crime and the increase in costs to prosecute are bankrupting "Democracies" I think criminals have become permanent "monkeys" on the backs of taxpayers. Being a serious criminal and being caught should be automatic forfeiture of your human rights. This would also serve as a warning to wanta be criminals.

So the mastermind of killing Chinese people ran to China? Not the best hiding place. He had a fortnight to dig in there. I suppose Chinese police will get to him soon. Then perhaps the motive of the bombing will finally be made clear.

The motive's as plain as the nose on your face despite you junta groupies wishfully thinking "Redshirts". Think instead "Turkey/China" and you may arrive at a more logical conclusion.

You mean they want to drive a square peg into a round hole?

= no clue.

If it was Thai officials making such a statement, I might agree with you. However, in the rest of the world, giving out details about an ongoing investigation is NOT something that is done, as it could give the criminals a heads up.

Irony & sarcasm are lost on many here it seems.

Somyot just declared that he wouldn't give any details.......yet this comes out.

If they say they ain't going to yap about it, why keep yapping? = no clue.

= no clue.

This was a quote by a Bangladeshi official. I think fairly astute why let the opposition know what you know.

BIB could learn a lesson from this rather than making rash statements which ultimately turn out to be incorrect just to get their" look at me I'm important" moment of glory.

TBWGwai.gif